3D Character's collection - Berserker update - [10/31/2007]

I'm making a 'serial fan collection' of all Berserk saga characters.
Hope you like the first one done. (I make them in random order...the last wip I'm working on is the Berserker)

Invocation.jpg

1293.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 3D Character's collection

These are amazing! Keep it up, PLEASE!

The Schierke one looks beautiful with the night, though it was probably broad daylight in the actual events. I'm just a nerd for details though... The Mozgus Disciple one reminds me of Silent Hill with all the rusty metal.

Did you make these textures yourself? If so, great work.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

:isidro: Wow, those are really good! I love the Mozgus Disciple. How long did these take you to make?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Apparently you didn't touch these up since I first saw them several months ago. I still like the disciple a lot, and apart from what Walter said about the night sky, I still think that Schierke's head looks too much like E.T.'s (too wide and flat). :SK: Anyway, I'm expecting your next work, should be ready soon I imagine.

JIN

Yudanero...

Grorum said:
I'm making a 'serial fan collection' of all Berserk saga characters.
Hope you like the first one done. (I make them in random order...the last wip I'm working on is the Berserker)

Im sure glad I read this post, your works are incredible. Thanks for sharing it..looking forward to the berserker piece.

:schierke:  :chomp:  Lookin' good, but tell the man breast disciple Im up next.

CnC

Ad Oculos

this is some decent cg you've got going here. Definately post more.

Crit (and this is a downfall of most cg work) is that everything is in focus and is extremly sharp, you could stand a little atmosphere or blur/noise to make the figures pop out of the background a little.

Which program are you using?

Walter : oh yeah the sky. Indeed, I did not the sky intentionnaly look nighty, I like to play with my draw on photoshop (this background, for example) so I painted a night sky and It was already finished, when I remembered it was day. I guess I'm too lazy to make another one... :serpico: Yes, all textures are composite and handpainted.

Rhombaad : I don't estimate time in hours, but I guess it took me about 3 weeks to make the mozgus disciple and about...a month for Schierke. (and still working on her at this time, on my spare time)

Aazealh : ah you're from Berserk france. Sorry my memory is like Puck'power  :puck: Perhaps you re the same on apresleclipse, no ? Then you're welcome on the website anytime. About Schierke, I modified the face a lot of time, hope this version looks better.

Jin : ahahah !  :guts: thank you guy. 
:???: :chomp: eat her ! she's too stupid to remain alive !

CnC : it's a pleasure to have some crit. Definitly you're right, the Mozgus disciple needs some fix on the head (if he's the one you're talking about.) I keep this in mind.

Whitehawk/CnC : I use 3dsmax & photoshop.

Thanks a lot !

Here are some Work In Progress.

Summon level 2 !
have to fix : schierke' hands too small, face map and mouth, etc.
schierkerendubeta3sr.jpg

Close up from viewport :
sch8ni.jpg

el0en.jpg

Berserker !
Gift. Still very WIP but I hope you'll like it.  :beast:
bskr8jp.jpg

Hey you are doing real well with 3D studio max. Iam currently studying it. I can see you are a bit ahead of me :serpico: Iam currently modelling femto in my spare time...is going slowly.I make my own textures in photoshop aswell. Lookin forward to seeing more of your work, do you have a website or anything?If so let me know :guts:

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!

Grorum, these are great!  They look professional.

My only little nitpick would be, I'm not sure I like the texture on the Mozgus Disciple's wheel.  It looks like chain or scales, and I always thought it was made of stone.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity

Wow, those are awesome man. I hope you manage to do Serpico and/or Farnese someday. I love the Iron chains/rebirth arcs though, so cheers on the Mozgus Disciple.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head

Those are truly awesome. I have to agree with Aaz though, Schierke's face is quite flat. Make the forehead stick out a bit more along with her nose, that should pull the rest of it forwad. Part o the trouble I think is that her head gets a bit cut short when it gets near her hair, leaving you to put the cheaks and the edge of the eyes at an awkward angle, or else make her look like she has fish eyes. Puff the head out so it's under the hair more, and that will let you mess with the eyes without the flatface effect. I wouldn't even say the face is bad, but fixing it would make it look so much better.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Beautiful work. Even though the first one didn't technically happen during the day, I love the look of it with the night sky. The look of the water in that one is really cool.

The armor is looking great so far. A Berserk obsessed fan's dream! :serpico:

well holy crap... That is some top quality work. I especially like the Mozgus Disciple one. Thanks for posting em.

Needless to say great work.

Are you close to finishing the Berserker Armour one? I hope so, it looks really promising.

Hello there !

Well I'm quite busy for the moment with some personnal projects (working on a pro french game project including colossus like shadow of the colossus, it's a great experience, but really lot of work !)

Be sure I'll finish the Berserker very soon, my goal is to model all of the main characters. (Next is a surprise ;) !)

Aazealh told me I was welcome if I would like to post some others works (even if they are not in direct relation with Berserk) so I post some of my recent ones, hoping you like them :

The awakeing of Lovecraft' Cthulhu, near Innsmouth harbor :
version800px1ti.jpg

Totoro fan picture, game art :
totof.jpg

Thank you so much for your support !  :puck:

CnC

Ad Oculos

Hey Grorum,
Good to have you posting again.

I like these, especially the bottom one. The top one is a tad flat.
But good work.

Top Bottom