Seven swords

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's a bit big, nothing as big as the DS though. I'm wondering if I should merge that with the "Imitations of Berserk" thread or not.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Doesn't look like the DS to me. It takes more than being a bit double edged sword.

Movie looks cool, I'll have to see it.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I have seen the movie today and it rocks.It was In the last festival of Venice and now it is out in the Italians theaters.The storyline is about an emperor that wants to abolish the martial arts and has put a reward of 300 golden pieces that he pays for every single martial artist killed. The main villain ( a very cool villain) is the leader of band of mercenaries (yup like the hawks) that is specialized in destroying the villages suspected to practice the martial arts. At the beginning of the movie we see the massacre of one of such villages. A mysterious martial artist seek to hinder the gang. Wounded he ends in the next village scheduled for destruction...

The movie is eastern style with fast and furious fights and while they are spectaculars they are not matrix style but the old fashioned martial arts way (think about the ultimate Bruce Lee) there are subplot and the characters are well developed psychologically, even if the best character is the main villain Firewind (or Wind of Fire)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
HawaiianStallion said:
I heard this movie is something like 4 hours long? Is that true?
I did enter in the theatre at 4pm. and I did exit at 7pm. I don't know if it was a cut version but I believe it was the integral one. The movie is 144 minutes long but there were commercials and trailers of others movies

From various reports it seems that about an hour or more of the movie was cut due to the length. A lot of reviews have panned the movie, saying there was too much going on and too little character development. Still, it looks cool and I'll watch it once it is available.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Actually, the sword you're referring to looks more like Guts' sword from the Berserk Prototype ... of which I'm having trouble finding a picture right now.
Also, in a certain comparison done by a Japanese site(which has now been taken off ... I hope I'm not the only one who's seen it), between Berserk and another one of Miura's mangas, the sword of the main character is almost identical to this one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Leeuwer said:
Actually, the sword you're referring to looks more like Guts' sword from the Berserk Prototype ... of which I'm having trouble finding a picture right now.

I can't give you a better picture for now, but the Dragon Slayer from the prototype is really very close to the actual DS in Berserk.

DS-prototype.gif

Leeuwer said:
Also, in a certain comparison [...] between Berserk and another one of Miura's mangas, the sword of the main character is almost identical to this one.

Do you remember what manga it was? Because I can't think of anything in the weapons of the main characters of Oh-Roh, Oh-Roh Den and Japan that would remind me of that sword, they're not like the DS either.

Maybe you're talking about a sword from Daemon Hunters? If the site you talk about is the one I'm thinking of, that would be it. The sword in question is actually a rip-off of the DS, and it looks a bit like the sword in the movie in a way (it's much bigger though). Here's a picture of it.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Aazealh said:
Maybe you're talking about a sword from Daemon Hunters? If the site you talk about is the one I'm thinking of, that would be it. The sword in question is actually a rip-off of the DS, and it looks a bit like the sword in the movie in a way (it's much bigger though). Here's a picture of it.

Ah thank you, that was exactly what I meant.
It's been a while since I've seen that site, and apparently it's been taken off now, but there were a lot of peculiar parallels between that manga and Berserk.

Apologies to Miura for conceiving that as one of his though ...

Top Bottom