Could we face another major turning point in Berserk soon?

R

-rob-

Ok, I think it is pretty clear The Eclipse was the biggest turning point in the story so far... But with the Berserker Armor could the story face an even bigger 1 now?

I mean, it has magic powers that can posses Guts to go insane right?

What if the Armor does get the best of him? And the story takes another turning point to where all along volumes 1-30/31/32/whatever have just been a setup for the actual story to begin (Which something like that has been said before by the way)... And the true story of Berserk is about some umm "Apostle Hunter" gone mad that is unstoppable?

What I'm trying to say is:
Could the "Berserker" (Name of the story) Armor get the best of Guts and be where the story actually truly begins?

Just speculation... I got a horrible way of putting words togethor but does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

Kart

Resident /b/tard
I dont see one coming for quite awhile, althought the next few episodes may very well send the story into it's next direction.

Well a new chapter shouldn't be too far away if it hasn't already started, but if it hasn't then it will most likely come when the characters reach Elfhelm. Then again maybe thats more than a few chapters away and Miura is building up much slower to it then most of us are expecting.
Unlikely but who knows, I thought they would be on the ship a volume ago.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
aye, myself also. But I dont think the big shift will come immediately when they come to elfheim, I think it will keep a slower pace as they doddle around and buil the story abit before hitting full speed gutts eatting apostle action again.

-rob- said:
Ok, I think it is pretty clear The Eclipse was the biggest turning point in the story so far...
Well, for me, the second Eclipse was a turning point also! From an endless quest of "just" killing Apostles, Griffith's Rebirth was a big change to the Story! Now, Guts was able to be physically in contact with Griffith... Now his quest had a Goal that seemed more realistic!
And another turning point was Guts deciding to put away his Revenge (for now?) to take care of Casca instead! At that point, he became aware that while he thought he had lost everything, in fact there were still people that counted for him! That were still alive. And he realised, with Godot's help, that Revenge wasn't everything!

-rob- said:
But with the Berserker Armor could the story face an even bigger 1 now?
With the last Episodes, I can imagine another turning point coming "soon", too!
I don't think (and hope...) it will have to do with the Beast taking over Guts' "soul", but on the contrary, Guts being able to "control" it! So that his fighting capabilities will become even more impressive! And something like that may very well be related to Guts' band reaching Elfhelm, I guess. :-\

-rob- said:
What I'm trying to say is:
Could the "Berserker" (Name of the story) Armor get the best of Guts and be where the story actually truly begins?
For me, the name of the story is already justified by Guts' past! For years he has been fighting endlessly, without taking care about anybody, pushing his body to its limits! And I don't think (it's just me...) that the story would be as interesting if Guts was just a mad fighter, killing Apostles one after the other... And anyway, whatever the Power of the Berserk Armor would be, even at his maximum, I don't think it alone would be a real threat to Griffith... :???:

Yeah, well it may not be as important as the Eclipse or the Rebirth of Griffith, but the next episodes will have something sorta important because Griffith and Guts are in the same town. Like Guts say, the town is going to be a battlefield soon. Guts will be between Griffith and Ganishka or his troups. There will surely be another meeting with Griffith, and also I think that some people from the golden age (like the general that advised the ex king of midland to let griffith fight against the Tudor army) will start to ask questions about griffith and guts and the new band of the hawk. As those people surely know those two persons, there will be some interresting things i think.
Later, there will also be the meeting with Hanabufuku (dunno the exact spelling) that will be a major part too. Because like the SK say, there isn't any solution for guts against Griffith for the moment, but there's hope, thanks to the king of the elves. Even if it's just for Casca, it could be a really important turn in the story.

Orange Jaïpur said:
the next episodes will have something sorta important because Griffith and Guts are in the same town.
I don't think we know for sure that Griffith IS in Vritannis?!... Nothing says that he will come in person to fight against the Kushans. He may very well, like what happened in Wyndham, only send a part of the New BoH for the fighting part, while he is at another thing? :griff:

Orange Jaïpur said:
Even if it's just for Casca, it could be a really important turn in the story.
Yeah, that's true! I had forgotten about Casca... If ever she gets cured, her reaction is probably gonna be a very interesting moment, after years of being in the state she is currently in!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
all along volumes 1-30/31/32/whatever have just been a setup for the actual story to begin (Which something like that has been said before by the way)...

Yeah well, you shouldn't focus on that aspect too much if you want my opinion.

-rob- said:

You know, the name is Berserk, and you can use Berserk in place of Berserker. Also, I don't think Guts' ego being destroyed by the armor is likely.

The turning point of the story to me will be Elfhelm, I think it may very well be the biggest turning point in the whole story. The Occultation was, after all, part of a flashback.

Sparnage said:
Well a new chapter shouldn't be too far away if it hasn't already started, but if it hasn't then it will most likely come when the characters reach Elfhelm.

We're still in the chapter of Falconia for now. I guess we'll see Griffith taking on a town and renaming it Falconia before the chapter changes. Maybe he'll rebuild a new town over the ruins of Vritannis. :void:

Kart said:
full speed Guts eatting apostle action again.

I don't think we'll ever really come back to Guts alone painfully battling apostles one after another again, though.

Orange Jaïpur said:
Griffith and Guts are in the same town.

Griffith isn't in Vritannis... His army is in the vicinity but that's it.

Orange Jaïpur said:
Guts will be between Griffith and Ganishka or his troups. There will surely be another meeting with Griffith

Well, none of this is really sure for now...

Top Bottom