Episode 262

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
I wonder about that. Granted in this situation they are preoccupied, but some of the nobles present at the banquet represent clergy, right?

Well, most of them represent their countries, but they're probably all part of the Holy See Alliance yes, or under its influence in a way or another. The Vandimion family who's funding the war is very close to the Holy See anyway (and seems very influential in its circles), remember that Giorgio Vandimion is a good candidate to be the next pope.

darkbane said:
Or would at least know about the black hawk. And since they were hunting the black swordsman before, thinking he's the black hawk, the situation could get sticky.

Don't get confused here. The Holy Iron Chain Knights were looking for the Hawk of Darkness, following the prophecy, and they were mistaken about the Black Swordsman (Guts). However, that was just the HICK's mistake, and do you remember who was leading them? That's right, Farnese. Besides, Guts' past as a mercenary doesn't relate to the Black Swordsman, that was after the Occultation.

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
Don't get confused here. The Holy Iron Chain Knights were looking for the Hawk of Darkness, following the prophecy, and they were mistaken about the Black Swordsman (Guts). However, that was just the HICK's mistake, and do you remember who was leading them? That's right, Farnese. Besides, Guts' past as a mercenary doesn't relate to the Black Swordsman, that was after the Occultation.

Substitute hawk of darkness for black hawk in my post then, I'm not up on the correct terminology and all. Farnese was leading them, yes, but her mission was given to her by that council - I presume it was some kind of congregation of the Holy See - and they wouldn't know that he isn't the hawk of darkness - they should assume that he is, after the latest report from Farnese back then. Plus she couldn't resolve the situation now, her word would probably not count much after what happened with the HICK's. But you're right, there should be no apparent connection between Hawks Raid Leader Guts and Black Swordsman Guts, that's my (critical) mistake.

@Walter: "WMI" was simply my weak attempt at early morning humor tying into what the nobles and the Emperor were saying at the end of the episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Farnese was leading them, yes, but her mission was given to her by that council - I presume it was some kind of congregation of the Holy See - and they wouldn't know that he isn't the hawk of darkness - they should assume that he is, after the latest report from Farnese back then.

Nope, read the end of volume 17 again. She volunteered for that mission and was excessively zealous (that's what she's told during her reprimand), and while we don't know exactly what the original mission was and how/why it was decided upon, she and her men are the ones that found the red lake, in volume 14. They're also the ones that trailed Guts during 2 years. The council tells her still during this reproval that she's on a new mission (protecting Mozgus), and that nothing proves the Black Swordsman is the Hawk of Darkness anyway (implying it's useless to try to capture him).

darkbane said:
Plus she couldn't resolve the situation now, her word would probably not count much after what happened with the HICK's.

Her word counts more than no word though, and Azan made his report on the events too (and it's hardly debatable given the scale...). Besides I think her word would count to Federico Vandimion, who's the most important guy in the ballroom, if only because she bears his name. Nevertheless, she is some sort of deserter, that'd be her biggest credibility problem. Now with her father supporting her... He can be pretty convincing when he wants, as we've seen.

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
Nope, read the end of volume 17 again. She volunteered for that mission and was excessively zealous (that's what she's told during her reprimand), and while we don't know exactly what the original mission was and how/why it was decided upon, she and her men are the ones that found the red lake, in volume 14. They're also the ones that trailed Guts during 2 years. The council tells her still during this reproval that she's on a new mission (protecting Mozgus), and that nothing proves the Black Swordsman is the Hawk of Darkness anyway (implying it's useless to try to capture him).

Her word counts more than no word though, and Azan made his report on the events too (and it's hardly debatable given the scale...). Besides I think her word would count to Federico Vandimion, who's the most important guy in the ballroom, if only because she bears his name. Nevertheless, she is some sort of deserter, that'd be her biggest credibility problem. Now with her father supporting her... He can be pretty convincing when he wants, as we've seen.

Right, I didn't remember that last part about the HoD not being the BS. Oh well. ^_^

And yeah, daddy Vandimion is no pushover when it comes to verbal skills.

fuxberg said:
I think that the next episode will be about the New Hawks.

btw..
Pishacha is slang for "pussie" in Portuguese!  :isidro:

LOL
Man im just hopin to see AZAN's wandering ass next time :badbone:

and i coulda sworn puchacha or am I forgetting my damn portuguese again

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some news about volume 29. There was a change in the assistants credited (logical), Takashi Uchida isn't listed, and two new people are: Yoshimisu Kurosaki and Naohide Nagashima. Akira Shimada (the editor), Minoru Hirata, Akio Miyaji and Nobuhiro Hirai are credited too, as usual.

Also, Miura changed the episode order, he placed "Homing" (258) in this volume, after "A Small Supper" (249). The last episode of the volume is "Between the Pillars in Rows" (255), "Duel" (256) will be in volume 30.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Some news about volume 29. There was a change in the assistants credited (logical), Takashi Uchida isn't listed, and two new people are: Yoshimisu Kurosaki and Naohide Nagashima. Akira Shimada (the editor), Minoru Hirata, Akio Miyaji and Nobuhiro Hirai are credited too, as usual.

Also, Miura changed the episode order, he placed "Homing" (258) in this volume, after "A Small Supper" (249). The last episode of the volume is "Between the Pillars in Rows" (255), "Duel" (256) will be in volume 30.
This is an unprecedented outrage and I demand for this to be changed!

not really.... I just wanted to be melodramatic. :troll:

Aazealh said:

OH NO!!!! That mean this volume wont have any good fight at all :judo:

R

-rob-

fuxberg said:
I think that the next episode will be about the New Hawks.

^That's what I was hoping for too. Especially since Guts had that flashback. (Can't think of a better word for it)

A question...

On s-book's website, that's the Cover: 
4592137272.gif

But on the Amazon link on the Board, there is something written at the bottom of the Cover, does anyone know what it means?

4592137272.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

If someone could translate, it had be cool! :guts:

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
asmer said:
A question...

On s-book's website, that's the Cover: http://sbookg.s-book.com/hakusensha/hakusenshal/4592137272.gif

But on the Amazon link on the Board, there is something written at the bottom of the Cover, does anyone know what it means?

If someone could translate, it had be cool! :guts:

Well, the first line means "The Number one Fantasy Comic". As for the big kanji, I'm not sure, but I think it means "Newest one" "Newest volume", or something like that...

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, the first line means "The Number one Fantasy Comic". As for the big kanji, I'm not sure, but I think it means "Newest one" "Newest volume", or something like that...

OK, thanks a lot! No big news, then... :judo:
But I'm always curious, when it comes to BERSERK! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:

Yeah, that's it. Great question asmer, by the way... There have been strips on the volumes advertising various stuff for a few years now.

Aazealh said:
Great question asmer, by the way... There have been strips on the volumes advertising various stuff for a few years now.

Oops... Recently I'm full of interesting questions, 'don't know why... :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
does that means i could buy the japanese volume from amazon?!

Yes, it's been in the forum news for over a month now. You can buy the manga from a lot of online shops, search for threads about it.

Amazon Link

Each volume is ¥505 for International purchasers (the ¥530 listed includes the Japan-only tax), which is approximately $4.4.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Yes, it's been in the forum news for over a month now. You can buy the manga from a lot of online shops, search for threads about it.

Amazon Link

Each volume is ¥505 for International purchasers (the ¥530 listed includes the Japan-only tax), which is approximately $4.4.
Just picked up my copy today! :troll:

I now feel complete for the day.... i was kinda thinking as I was looking through the volume.... IF they go far enough into the future that Shrieke and Ishidro are in their later teens/early 20's... I wonder if Ishidro and Mule will duke it... Just thinking that it would be interesting.... :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I wonder if Isidro and Mule will duke it... Just thinking that it would be interesting.... :guts:

I think they'll go at it again someday, yeah. Don't know how old they'd be though.

Top Bottom