Post your description of the Elf King

Does he look like Puck, but bigger? Does he look like a human with a mosaic of flowers for his skin? Does he hold a rose in his hand -if he has one? Or is he just a speaking pool of water and vapor?

Make your elf king

I'm thinking of two extremes:

A majestic, intimidating, 'form' with an aura akin to that which the reincarnated Griffith has.

or

A humble-looking, easily overlooked 'thing' which looks nothing like a ruler or a powerful entity.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
$10 or Euro's that he looks like puck but older! :carcus:

EDIT: FOr better clarification, I believe the King/Queen of Elfhelm will be related to puck.

CnC

Ad Oculos
is this the right place for this or are we supposed to be doodling?

The look of him is secondary in interest (to me) to why Puck was unwilling to mention anything about it.

I don't think he was unwilling at all. He just didn't know the ruler of Skellig was such a powerful (and famous) being. This either explains Puck's ignorance on the matter, or he just highly rates himself to the point that the ruler was a mere sidenote to him.

CnC

Ad Oculos
yota821 said:
I don't think he was unwilling at all. He just didn't know the ruler of Skellig was such a powerful (and famous) being. This either explains Puck's ignorance on the matter, or he just highly rates himself to the point that the ruler was a mere sidenote to him.

Well I hope theres more to it than that, but I suppose it could be just that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
He just didn't know the ruler of Skellig was such a powerful (and famous) being.

He didn't know? While that could be it, I don't see that as very likely. His lack of reaction is pretty suspicious to me too.

I don't know, that's just the vibe I got, I guess. Ivarella and Isidro both whisper to each saying that perhaps he didn't know, but I guess there's always a secret side to Puck. :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Ivarella and Isidro both whisper to each saying that perhaps he didn't know

Yeah I know, and in turn he doesn't say anything, which is what I find unusual. I guess we'll have to wait until they get to Elfhelm to learn the details. :puck:

When we heard of Hanafubuku King the first time i tough it was Puck when I saw his reaction "An elf King? I dunno that existed :???:"
(seriously Puck is a lame actor)so I tough that someway Puck was the King and that outside of his kingdom he sorta become weak...and this idea died as quickly as it come(moreover it's "déja vu")...but I definetely think that there is a close relation between them!Maybe Puck is a "scout" inspecting the outside world looking if it is worth fighting for it or not...(it's a little farfetched but we dunno after all)
(PS: this subject should belong to the speculation section ,no?)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Perhaps, like all legends, the one about King Hanafubuku has become distorted over time. The elves, including Puck, might not even refer to him as a king, let alone think of him as this all-powerful entity. To the elves, Hanafubuku might just be one of them and nothing more. Then again, Puck could be playing us all for fools... :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
The elves, including Puck, might not even refer to him as a king, let alone think of him as this all-powerful entity. To the elves, Hanafubuku might just be one of them and nothing more.

What he's called in Japanese, "hanafubuku ô", means King of the Flower Storm, so they'd need to give him an altogether different name.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
I think the elf king will be larger than the other elves, like Roshinu was to her wannabe pirkafs. I think its likely he could look oldert than them to. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Personally I think Berserk introduced enough new characters lately, and there must be some twist of the plot to make his identity interesting.

Together with Puck's suspicious behaviour, I suspect himself to be the King.
Especially from his conversation with Guts in volume 23 :

"If it was such a gorgeous place, why did you leave?"
"Uh .. I got bored."

And then Guts' blank expression.
There's more to it than just some new character, and Miura has attempted to rouse suspicion with these hints.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Leeuwer said:
Personally I think Berserk introduced enough new characters lately, and there must be some twist of the plot to make his identity interesting.
Too many new characters? Huh? Anyway, how is Hanafubuku King's indentity not already interesting? He has the power to cure Casca's mind, rules over a "magical" island of elves and humans and his name doesn't even make sense in English. I'd say we're already set up for quite an interesting character.

Together with Puck's suspicious behaviour, I suspect himself to be the King.
Especially from his conversation with Guts in volume 23 :

"If it was such a gorgeous place, why did you leave?"
"Uh .. I got bored."

And then Guts' blank expression.
There's more to it than just some new character, and Miura has attempted to rouse suspicion with these hints.
I doubt it. Skully has seen Puck before, and said nothing suspicious other than that Guts keeps strange company. And if Puck is Hanafubuku King, why hasn't he already cured Casca?

To me, it seems more likely that Puck has been awkward and reserved when talking about Elfhelm because he was kicked out for some yet to be explained reason (slept with Hanafubuku Queen ? :carcus: ).

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Walter said:
I doubt it. Skully has seen Puck before, and said nothing suspicious other than that Guts keeps strange company.

We cannot know for sure that Hanafubuku King has had input in the appearance or properties Skullknight portrays. However, it is likely.

Walter said:
And if Puck is Hanafubuku King, why hasn't he already cured Casca?

That would indeed prove to be curious. Puck wasn't there when Skullknight told Guts and Schierke about the King's power to accomplish this, though, and even if he did know, and he did was the King, his powers might not be available on ordinary land. Alas, we have nothing to base this on.

Walter said:
To me, it seems more likely that Puck has been awkward and reserved when talking about Elfhelm because he was kicked out for some yet to be explained reason (slept with Hanafubuku Queen ? :carcus: ).

It is something deeper, either way.
But I have this feeling(and a hoping for, actually), that Puck's character is about to receive some more depth whenever they reach Elfhelm.
He's been too comical for too long ... for my liking, anyway.
I like the serious, vulnerable Puck every once in a while.

Walter said:
(slept with Hanafubuku Queen ? :carcus: ).

Leeuwer said:
It is something deeper, either way.

Do note the subtleness ... :carcus:

Top Bottom