Prediction: Griffith kills Grunbeld

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Hey, I just had a weird thought, this isn't really something I could see, but it poses an interesting question.

Gutts kills zodd, in the same way the count summoned the God Hand, Zodd does the same, we all know he has no one to sacrifice, but he does have one huge desire, to serve the ultimate strong one, IE griffth. What if he sacrificed serving griffith to continue chasing gutts? (I feel like xenchao)

Aazealh said:
Anyway, while most of them serve Griffith, at least one doesn't (Ganishka). It shows that serving him is a conscious decision, not some inescapable part of their nature. While they are naturally inclined to follow him, it isn't obligatory (Wyald is also a good example of not respecting anything). Let's not forget that in general, serving Griffith is in their best interest.

Why is it in their best interest?
Some of them are allready dead in the process.
Ganishka is a very strong mad dog, an exception -considering his explanation also:
It seems, apostles have to hear the calls of their master, be it the feasts that happen every 216 years, be it Griffith on earth.

Kart said:
Hey, I just had a weird thought, this isn't really something I could see, but it poses an interesting question.

Guts kills zodd, in the same way the count summoned the God Hand, Zodd does the same, we all know he has no one to sacrifice, but he does have one huge desire, to serve the ultimate strong one, IE griffth. What if he sacrificed serving griffith to continue chasing Guts? (I feel like xenchao)

To my understanding you can't sacrifice a 'desire', if im correct a sacrifice must be of the flesh...and as for Guts killing Zodd well...I doubt it...I don't really see it happening, if anything Skully and Zodd are old adversaries and I think it's more fitting for Skully to kill Zodd...but I'm not sure when presented with an opportunity to kill Zodd if Skully would even take it...there's sumthin about ol' Zodd, yes he serves Griffith but I don't see him gettin killed by Guts at all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Why is it in their best interest?

Because Griffith is their master? They're conquering a country with him, and he'll supposedly lead them to greatness. Ganishka even says that to follow him is the best there is for apostles, like being held by a god. Simple as that.

xechnao said:
Ganishka is a very strong mad dog

He's not a mad dog. He knows very well what he's doing. And a single exception is enough to prove a theory wrong, an exception that Wyald confirms too. Or maybe you think apostles are all mentally stable and reasonable individuals?

xechnao said:
It seems, apostles have to hear the calls of their master, be it the feasts that happen every 216 years, be it Griffith on earth.

It's like I said in my previous post. Zodd didn't come to the Occultation to bow before the God Hand, he preferred to fight with Skull Knight. Apostles do what they want, like God Hand members do what they want, see Wyald's dialogue with Zodd. There's also what we see in the Dreamcast game, Zodd roaming and searching for apostles to recruit.

Proj2501 said:
To my understanding you can't sacrifice a 'desire', if im correct a sacrifice must be of the flesh...

Yeah well, he could always sacrifice the ultimate strong one, although if Guts had defeated him, his point of view regarding life and his personal goals might be different... Anyway, I don't think sacrificing a God Hand member would work, and I don't even feel like giving a reason why.

Proj2501 said:
if anything Skully and Zodd are old adversaries and I think it's more fitting for Skully to kill Zodd

Guts and Zodd aren't strangers you know... They don't know each other like with SK, but still, I don't think we can make any serious guess about it for now.

Aazealh said:
Because Griffith is their master? They're conquering a country with him, and he'll supposedly lead them to greatness. Ganishka even says that to follow him is the best there is for apostles, like being held by a god. Simple as that.

He's not a mad dog. He knows very well what he's doing. And a single exception is enough to prove a theory wrong, an exception that Wyald confirms too. Or maybe you think apostles are all mentally stable and reasonable individuals?

It's like I said in my previous post. Zodd didn't come to the Occultation to bow before the God Hand, he preferred to fight with Skull Knight. Apostles do what they want, like God Hand members do what they want, see Wyald's dialogue with Zodd. There's also what we see in the Dreamcast game, Zodd roaming and searching for apostles to recruit.

But generally Griffith is their master and they serve him. Dogs have a consciousness too and generally they are loyal to their master. Have a consciousness and be a dog doesn't contradict the one the other as you say. Yet you can't call dogs evil, even if they serve humans in the same manner apostles serve their masters.
The fact is that apostles are different than humans and they cause harm at them.
Yet humans cause harm to animals that are different than them. Can we call humans evil because of the way they treat sheep?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
But generally Griffith is their master and they serve him. Dogs have a consciousness too and generally they are loyal to their master. Have a consciousness and be a dog doesn't contradict the one the other as you say.

God, what's the big deal with dogs? I mean, everybody gets the idea, is that so important to you to label them inappropriately? Dogs sure don't have a consciousness equaling humans', while apostles do. Apostles know what they are doing, they know the consequences of their actions, they can reflect on their role in the world surrounding them, etc. And dogs are just canid mammals, apostles aren't.

xechnao said:
Yet you can't call dogs evil, even if they serve humans in the same manner apostles serve their masters.

Not in the same manner, not at all. And while many apostles are serving Griffith now, before that they did what they wanted. Like a man serving another. I can't believe I have to argue over this...

xechnao said:
The fact is that apostles are different than humans and they cause harm at them.

But they were all humans before. Also, it's stated in the manga that they're evil. :schierke: Plus they're monsters and all, you know, not animals naturally born and that only prey to feed.

Aazealh said:
Dogs sure don't have a consciousness equaling humans', while apostles do. Apostles know what they are doing, they know the consequences of their actions, they can reflect on their role in the world surrounding them, etc. And dogs are just canid mammals, apostles aren't. Not in the same manner, not at all. And while many apostles are serving Griffith now, before that they did what they wanted. Like a man serving another.

I am sure the way you consider dogs over here is debatable. Seems to me it comes from the christian truth or something  :schierke: 
Besides, it is very common in oriental culture (Japan icluded, I think) the confrontation of one's way with an animal species. Different behaviour roles are rapresented as different animals.

In the camp we have seen some apostles as guards, while some others more wild are limited just in a forest eating dead meat. All those apostle groups are so different among each other that more easily resemble various races(breeds) of dog groups serving their master than anything else from our world IMHO.

Besides, the way Mule got scared by Locus gaze, I am sure it is pretty near the way a sheep must feel when the dog of their pastor tries to put them in place.

Aazealh said:
But they were all humans before. Also, it's stated in the manga that they're evil. :schierke: Plus they're monsters and all, you know, not animals naturally born and that only prey to feed.

Exactly. Since Berserk is not the real world, any word or definition may not have the same standards as it does in ours.
This is what we are talking about.

R

-rob-

Proj2501 said:
To my understanding you can't sacrifice a 'desire', if im correct a sacrifice must be of the flesh...and as for Guts killing Zodd well...I doubt it...I don't really see it happening, if anything Skully and Zodd are old adversaries and I think it's more fitting for Skully to kill Zodd...but I'm not sure when presented with an opportunity to kill Zodd if Skully would even take it...there's sumthin about ol' Zodd, yes he serves Griffith but I don't see him gettin killed by Guts at all.

^^Thank you for posting that, it just gave me another ridiculous idea lol..... Guts and NeoHawks battle, NeoHawks are about to kill Guts but Griffith comes an kills the NeoHawks to rescue Guts!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
I am sure the way you consider dogs over here is debatable. Seems to me it comes from the christian truth or something :schierke:

Not really, no. Why, are you telling me you're as smart as a dog?

xechnao said:
In the camp we have seen some apostles as guards, while some others more wild are limited just in a forest eating dead meat.

They're just being hidden because they're monsters. Your comparison is really beside the point.

xechnao said:
All those apostle groups are so different among each other that more easily resemble various races(breeds) of dog groups serving their master than anything else from our world IMHO.

Apostles are individuals, hence they are different from one another. Breeds? Ridiculous.

xechnao said:
Besides, the way Mule got scared by Locus gaze, I am sure it is pretty near the way a sheep must feel when the dog of their pastor tries to put them in place.

We've reached the bottom here I think. You're not getting anywhere with these random examples.

xechnao said:
Since Berserk is not the real world, any word or definition may not have the same standards as it does in hours.
This is what we are talking about.

No, this is totally stupid. Miura uses Japanese to talk about Berserk, a real language in the real world. Either you've really got problems understanding basic stuff, or you're trolling here. In any case, this is totally off topic as usual... If you want to go on, please make a thread about it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You know, we haven't seen Grunny since the Flora incident... Griffith probably murdered him already! Probably because he failed to kill Guts and bring Casca back for raping!

Here's some more first class speculation:

I think Griffith will commit suicide, because he's such an asshole, he'll even betray himself! :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

R

-rob-

"Griffith No More!" said:
You know, we haven't seen Grunny since the Flora incident... Griffith probably murdered him already! Probably because he failed to kill Guts and bring Casca back for raping!

Here's some more first class speculation:

I think Griffith will commit suicide, because he's such an asshole, he'll even betray himself! :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

Good thinking man I didn't know there was such creative imaginations on here

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to sacrifice this topic for my dream of peace and quiet around here if you kids don't pipe down!

2 pages in this thread in less than a day?! Inconcievable!

Aazealh said:
Not really, no. Why, are you telling me you're as smart as a dog?
They're just being hidden because they're monsters. Your comparison is really beside the point.
Apostles are individuals, hence they are different from one another. Breeds? Ridiculous.
We've reached the bottom here I think. You're not getting anywhere with these random examples.
No, this is totally stupid. Miura uses Japanese to talk about Berserk, a real language in the real world. Either you've really got problems understanding basic stuff, or you're trolling here. In any case, this is totally off topic as usual... If you want to go on, please make a thread about it.

About the breeding one you find rediculous let me tell you: causality.
In a couple of words, with causality apostles are made so to serve Idea. Same thing with man breeding dogs. That's a logical leap of bullshit.
Yeap, I have nothing more to add here. At this point, either you can see what I am talking about or not. Eventually, since you call it random or totally stupid it seems you don't.

Griffith

-rob- said:
Good thinking man I didn't know there was such creative imaginations on here

Thank you, I'm fairly sure based on scientific evidence that Guts is going to rape and kill Casca pretty soon. I saw an episode where he tried this so he's probably going to do it again cause that's what he's like. The fact that he's being nice now is suspicious, especially when he turns into a dog.

xechnao said:
About the breeding one you find rediculous let me tell you: causality.
In a couple of words, with causality apostles are made so to serve Idea. Same thing with man breeding dogs.
Yeap, I have nothing more to add here. At this point, either you can see what I am talking about or not. Eventually, since you call it random or totally stupid it seems you don't.

Oh I agree causality is the magic force that controls the fate of dogs that they must break by strugging upstream in the river of the moon to be the jumping fish of destiny's child. Guts is a perhaps a dog that needs gills. I see.

R

-rob-

"Griffith No More!" said:
Thank you, I'm fairly sure based on scientific evidence that Guts is going to rape and kill Casca pretty soon.

Oh yeah I agree man plus they say the Berserk story runs in a Cycle so after Guts rapes and kills Caska she'll probably come back to life so he can rape and kill her again!

Griffith

-rob- said:
Oh yeah I agree man plus they say the Berserk story runs in a Cycle so after Guts rapes and kills Casca she'll probably come back to life so he can rape and kill her again!

Yes but not if Griffit gets they're first if he's not finished chasing his tale turning on himselv like a coword!!!

Top Bottom