SK Net Pets

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Got this pair over the weekend by my uncle. I will let the kids pick names for them.

parrots.jpg

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
My kitty, Luigi.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wqbaj6.jpg
He's nice, and a great hunter, he tends to bring flying squirrels, ordinary squirrels, rabbits, etc, although recently he hurt his left arm, so he's mostly just sleeping around at the moment :void:

My 15 year old kitty, Mounie, ( I later realized, what Mounie means in Greek...pretty embarrassing)
http://i44.tinypic.com/344f9d5.jpg
She seems to hate other cats, and all dogs for that matter, but she loves humans to death, always begging for attention, although she can get a little rough sometimes, she punched my dog in the face for him sniffing her rear.

Should probably put up a picture of my dog, but my current photos aren't very good.
Put these as links, since the images were too large when I posted them here. :farnese:

My "new" cat (although I've had him for more than a year now), Royce:
56405658000565738953800.jpg

FYI, the two cats I had posted on the first page of this thread have passed away, but Royce still carries on the torch!! :judo:

He's about 3-4 yrs old, he's actually a stray cat that a friend of mine picked up and kept for a few months. She decided to donate it because he was driving her dog nuts and couldn't keep it under control. :mozgus:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
cassandra.jpg

Cassandra is playing pekaboo with you.
She is 16 right now and she'll be 17 this September 21st.
She's a Short-haired Domestic Calico (The cat for the State of Maryland).

Got a new pup! :beast:

So I thought I'd try to keep him the most healthiest he could be and switched his puppy chow to like some expensive wholesome organic dog food made without cheap fillers, corn products, etc, and that just gave him diarrhea. :schierke: So I was like F*#< that! :mozgus:

So he is back to his puppy chow. He does like bananas and carrots though (sparingly as treats).

Lab/Cocker Spaniel mix:

maxwell.jpg

A little beast... (with a little photoshop). :troll:

little_beast.jpg

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
ijimenez said:
Got a new pup! :beast:

So I thought I'd try to keep him the most healthiest he could be and switched his puppy chow to like some expensive wholesome organic dog food made without cheap fillers, corn products, etc, and that just gave him diarrhea. :schierke: So I was like F*#< that! :mozgus:

Keep him on puppy food for at least the first 6 months to a year. Those mixes are high in protein, which he'll need to develop correctly. It'll give him less of a chance to develop joint problems later, such as hip dysplasia (labs have a very have a very high chance of getting this. It's just genetics).

Also, for future reference, you have to ween your dog off of their old food and onto their new food. Their insides are really sensitive. Abruptly changing their diet one day will give them diarrhea. It's not necessarily that the food isn't good for them, it's that you changed it too quickly. 10% new food, 90% old food the first day, 20% new food, 80% old food the second day, etc until you've switched completely. Someone people say that's too fast even, but you should see an improvement.

I have a puppy who's about a year and a half
314048_171672536252091_1951091940_n.jpg

His name is Waldo and he's a goofy dog. Some kind of lab mix. Super gangly legs. Outlandish amounts of energy. This is my favorite picture of him (I think it's reversed btw).

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
My cat is a fucking asshole.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but sometimes I wish he wasn't such a dick. Right now I'm posting at 2:37 AM because he woke me up. Every night he does this. Now I can't get back to sleep.

I'll have my door closed and he'll meow CONSTANTLY at my door until I wake up and let him outside. He's relentless. I've tried ignoring him, trust me. If I have my window open, GOD FORBID I HAVE MY WINDOW OPEN FOR SOME FRESH AIR, he'll stand outside my window meowing to let him back in not even an hour later.

This drives me nuts. I need my sleep.

Do any of you guys have experience in dealing with stuff like this? I don't know how to get him to stop. Aaz suggested a cat door, but I can't do go that route unfortunately. I'll admit I know nothing about cat behavior and how to get them to stop doing dumb shit.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Gobolatula said:
My cat is a fucking asshole.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but sometimes I wish he wasn't such a dick. Right now I'm posting at 2:37 AM because he woke me up. Every night he does this. Now I can't get back to sleep.

I'll have my door closed and he'll meow CONSTANTLY at my door until I wake up and let him outside. He's relentless. I've tried ignoring him, trust me. If I have my window open, GOD FORBID I HAVE MY WINDOW OPEN FOR SOME FRESH AIR, he'll stand outside my window meowing to let him back in not even an hour later.

This drives me nuts. I need my sleep.

Do any of you guys have experience in dealing with stuff like this? I don't know how to get him to stop. Aaz suggested a cat door, but I can't do go that route unfortunately. I'll admit I know nothing about cat behavior and how to get them to stop doing dumb shit.

Ouch man. Dealing with an outside cat IS a nightmare. A couple of things that could help if you haven't done before:

De-claw them. As horrible as it may be it makes them loose that confidence in the outside world and for the most part the behavior starts to shift into a more friendly indoor cat. At least it happened when I claimed my own cat from the streets.

Your cat is already used to having daddy service him late night. The only way to deal with it is to try to ignore the yelling. May take days, may take weeks... But eventually the cat will start adapting. Warning, your cat may or may not develop changes in his routine for this. My cat started doing her business outside the litter for quite some time afterwards. Eventually it stopped.

Try to keep your cat active on daytime. Though they tend to nap during the day and be more active at night... It is a doable thing.

Aaaand that's it. None of the options are easy I'm afraid. And I'm no professional either, but I own 2 cats and just giving you what helped me in that similar scenario. Hope this helps in some way.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thanks buddy. I'm thinking of trying a spray bottle on him. Every time he meows at my door he gets water sprayed at him. Though I've read differing opinions on the use of a spray bottle. I think I want to try it because it satisfies my human urge to exact a little bit of revenge upon a silly animal that doesn't know any better.

Declawing, I'm not so sure about. I heard that's super painful for cats. I don't think I could do that. As much as I'm mad at the little bastard, I couldn't hurt him for real.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
De-claw them. As horrible as it may be it makes them loose that confidence in the outside world and for the most part the behavior starts to shift into a more friendly indoor cat.

Might as well not get a cat or give yours away if you're going to declaw them.

If your cat will sit still long enough for you, you can trim their nails yourself. It's real easy with a pair of 1 dollar clippers from PetCo. Its an awesome alternative to declawing.

As for the whining outside your door... if the cat is smart he will hear you coming and run if he gets used to the spray, which he will. Then he'll come right back and cry some more I bet. I would... medicate yourself =S

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
Might as well not get a cat or give yours away if you're going to declaw them.
See? Now you're making me feel like a Nazi :judo:. The whole declawing ordeal was pretty much on a last resort basis. Mika (my cat) was found in the streets, and used to be viciously wild. I took a chance and gave it a couple of months ending in purchasing a new couch after spending countless amounts of toys and such. It was either that or put her in a shelter. So we decided to declaw her front paws. And I do confess that made both our lives easier. Currently amongst the family with my other cat Moo.

Gobolatula said:
Thanks buddy. I'm thinking of trying a spray bottle on him. Every time he meows at my door he gets water sprayed at him. Though I've read differing opinions on the use of a spray bottle. I think I want to try it because it satisfies my human urge to exact a little bit of revenge upon a silly animal that doesn't know any better.
And I wish you the best of luck captain. And yes... a little harmless revenge can be a good thing ;).

20130305_133102_HDR_zps227ca87e.jpg

Great Grey Malamute Sif (Sif for short :iva:)​

He's about 2 and a half months old right now. The little guy is already tiring me out, it's only been 4 days since I have had him. :serpico: He's an Alaskan Malamute, when he's older he should be nearly 6 ft. when he stands, so he's probably going to topple me, haha.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Grail said:
So cute! :isidro: I don't know much about dogs, but it kinda looks like a shaggy Husky.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaskan_malamute
The Alaskan Malamute is a generally large breed of domestic dog (Canis lupus familiaris) originally bred for use as a utilitarian dog and later an Alaskan sled dog. They are sometimes mistaken for a Siberian Husky due to color and markings, but in fact are quite different in many ways including size, structure and personality

It's very cute Slan. Just don't train it to use a sword :iva:

SUPERCUTE! Sif is all fluffy like a plushy. You have the perfect weather for him too. How did you go about getting him, if you don't mind me asking. Is he allowed on the couch and bed? ^_^

IncantatioN said:
SUPERCUTE! Sif is all fluffy like a plushy. You have the perfect weather for him too. How did you go about getting him, if you don't mind me asking. Is he allowed on the couch and bed? ^_^

I got him from a guy that lives in Vernon BC, I have seen others in BC sell Malamutes, however, they are generally mix breeds, mine is purebred. I got the guy to meet me halfway, still a 5hr drive there and back. Due to religious beliefs he is not allowed in the house, I can keep him in the garage though, only till he is old enough to be outside.

amano

kono sekai ni wa
Hey SKers here are some of my pets (unfortunately the cock, guinea pig and rat have passed away but still in my mind :judo:)
I now have new chickens...fresh eggs everydays :)
dscf0021uk.jpg
03042009004.jpg

titouteetdoudou05.jpg
titoute07.jpg

Slan that puppy is adorable.. Aww cute ''cock' and chicken ,I used to have them at my grandparents country side farm but fucking foxes ate them :sad:
My colley,I really wanna take him with me to city,but it would be hard to keep him in apartment ,so I usually visit him in weekends when I'm visiting my grandfather.
qxn176uetttr69p7mkii.jpg

Top Bottom