Displaying Berserk Art & Merchandise

It's not a big deal really, but I just thought I'd share. Maybe give other people some ideas.

I purchased this "Kalender 2005" last year and I never used it. I liked it because it had manga art (instead of anime art) and I thought one day I would cut it up and display just the pictures, something I've done before with other calendars... I also have the 1998 Berserk calendar released in Japan, but I didn't feel daring enough to cut that one up just quite yet :schierke:.

Anyhow, I got these two frames from Aaron Brothers ($30 total because it was actually 2 for the price of 1 so I lucked out) and then I went to an arts/crafts store called Michaels and bought some pre-cut mattes (sp?). Anyways, mattes always seem to make a big difference when displaying something (double mattes are even better!), but I didn't want to pay $100+ to get custom matting for the frames... so pre-cuts were an easy solution. In the end, they cost me less than $15.

So yah, here's what I came up with. A pretty nice display set, for really little money. At least, I think it's nice.

(sorry pictures suck)

both.jpg

a.jpg

aa.jpg

ab.jpg

b2.jpg

ba.jpg

bb.jpg

What do ya'll think? Has anyone done anything similar? I know Aaz got one of his trading card pics blown up and printed it on a SUPER NICE glossy medium, and I know JIN did something similar but instead printed it on a canvas medium (both are awesome), so I'm curious to know what everyone else has!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I know Aaz got one of his trading card pics blown up and printed

Hehe, well actually it's from the Dreamcast game artbook, not from a card. :serpico: Anyway that's a nice idea, I think it's pretty neat. Too bad they're centered on details and don't show the whole thing though, that'd be great. Anyway congratulations on these, Derek.

Excellent ! I like this very much !

Here is my only display but I love it also ^^
I have made it by printing a manga scan (that I increased the dimensions)

berserkresinekenjikun4kf.jpg

berserkresinekenjikun5ye.jpg

berserkresinekenjikun7ry.jpg

dscn20816ra.jpg

I want to buy the rare BERSERK Warcry: Postcard Collection to serve quite the same purpose.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, both of your displays kick ass! I wish I had the room and/or the effort to do something similar. Oh well, maybe one day. :beast:

Kenji-kun said:
Here is my only display but I love it also ^^
I have made it by printing a manga scan (that I increased the dimensions)

hey kenji, ur display is great too :guts:
in fact, u just inspire me, i think i wanna try sth..... :SK:

If it gives you ideas, I am happy to help you ;) (like DirectDK who made me want to do the same)

For resin statues, I tell you : the light given by a ligth bulb really makes the statues much more wonderful and impresive. Especially for the bloody Magun which became really amazing (the best statue for me... rhaaa, the rain and blood effects...just perfect)

Yeah CnC, Lithrael's color had made me cry : it is so powerful

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Nice pics guys! I wish I had your rooms! Hey Derek, putting your berserk display under your "Friends" poster is nice contrast! It hasn't been Guts' day, his week, his month, or even his year!

Hey thanks guys for all the nice comments. I wasn't sure what people would think of the setup and all. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Kenji-kun said:
I want to buy the rare BERSERK Warcry: Postcard Collection to serve quite the same purpose.

Yeah, I was actually gonna use that originally, but when I was looking through all the postcards, I realized the pictures would be just too small, and would be too tiny for a display. However, if you were to use it behind or next to some Berserk statues, now THAT would be aweome.

And btw, Kenji, I really like what you did with the Magun statue and Magun scan. Good thinking!

R

-rob-

Besides ArtOfWar where else can you get that Hawk Soldier Set of them holding the flags?

-rob- said:
Besides ArtOfWar where else can you get that Hawk Soldier Set of them holding the flags?

those vol 5 (EX clear outer package version) mini figures gashapon are quite new,
..probably only available at aow or yj atm.

DirectDK said:
Ummm, I must have missed it... what does this have to be do with displaying Berserk art??? :???:

Hehe =P

Where have you been. It's SK.net he is just fulfilling the thread derailing quota. :troll:

R

-rob-

^That's funny because both of those posts have nothing to do with Displaying Berserk Art either...

If a topic can help someone else, even if it is irrelevant, it's better than seeing it desapeared, isn't it ^^

I have bought my Band of the Auwk exclusive (with wonderful flags) while I was puchasing my Bloody magun. So I don't know where to find them somewhere else.

Don't anyone else want to share his Berserk "special/original" displaying ?

Kenji-kun said:

before i can start looking for a proper displaying case or shelf for my berserk items,
i need to figure out where i can put the case/shelf in my tiny appartment -_-

Kenji-kun said:

I could show you a giant pile of boxes. :troll:

Early next year when I'm moved in to my house I'll post pics.

I have some Berserk itmes I have been collecting as well. I don't have as much stuff as everyone else, but I'm slowly building up and plan to have alot more. :serpico:

Here is a small video, a glimpse of my collection :guts: :

Click Here

It is only a little over 5mb, right click and save as :carcus:

DK and Kenji, ya'lls stuff is awesome, one day mine will be as good! ( I hope :void:)

- C

PS. The video is in Divx codec, if you don't have Divx or can hear it, but not see anything, then go to www.Divx.com and download the free play bundle. It will give you the codec for this and any other Divx file

Top Bottom