which love do you prefer in berserk?

puella

Berserk forever
We've seen many kinds of love in berserk.

1) Guts and Griffith

2) Guts and Caska

3) Griffith and Caska

4) Luca and Jerome

5) Nina and Johaim

6) Rickert and Erica

7) the snail count and his wife

8 ) Julius and The Queen

9) Griffith and Charlotte

10) Caska and Judeau

11) Farnese and Serpico

12) Farnese and Guts

Loves above don't have to necessarily mean  "mutual love".

Which love do you prefer?
: for me, love between Guts and Griffith

Are there any love similar to what you have had in the real life?
: Luca and Jerome's love I've had.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith and Guts is the most meaningful to me. Ive always found rivalries to be among the most interesting types of relationships. This isn't a love with sex as one of its backbones, as much of the others are. And because of that, it has a much greater chance to be unique and profound.

Give me rivalry and brotherhood over romance (in literature and comics 8) not real life) anyday of the week.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Guts and Caska. That defined love for me, basically.

Judeau and Caska. It was so sad, he didn't get to tell her... :'(

I've had a sort of... Guts and Griffith relationship with my friends. In one I was Guts, in the other Griffith.

P.S. WHERE IS GUTS AND DONOVAN?!

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
Guts and Caska. That defined love for me, basically.

Judeau and Caska. It was so sad, he didn't get to tell her...  :'(

I've had a sort of... Guts and Griffith relationship with my friends. In one I was Guts, in the other Griffith.

P.S. WHERE IS GUTS AND DONOVAN?!
"Love isn't for sale."

The one I'm missing is "Rickert - Casca". (Anyone read some Berserk Doujinshi?)

Kuroi-san

Nope, I've seen 'em though. Pretty nasty. some of 'em.

Which brings me to my next point:

Where is Rickert - Pippin?

And...

Judeau - Rickert?

And...

Caska the whore?

:p

P.S. Trust me, I'll find the URL for some of them.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
1)
i prefer the love of Guts - Caska cause they represent real love for me.

2)Judeau-Caska...just shows how gruel love can be!

-"Judeau i miss ya!"-

i wouldn t call the special relation between Griffith and guts love because i don t believe that friendship is part of love but that love can be a part of friendship yet in a different way...

what about the love of Pippin and Caska!?
who knows!?

what about griffith love for his dream!?

puella

Berserk forever
what about griffith love for his dream!?
I also had thought about it but took it out because I wanted to talk about love between humans.
Besides, it has been done tooooooooooooooo much. :p

i wouldn t call the special relation between Griffith and guts love because i don t believe that friendship is part of love but that love can be a part of friendship yet in a different way...  
well, I've been thinking about it for quite a long time.
I think their friendship is a part of love but then again their relationship must have something beyond friendship.
I even thought that Guts also might get to love Griffith more than Caska though he doesn't realize it now.
Love without sexual feeling and Hatred, I call their relationship.
There are thousands of types of love in the world.

Kuroi-san

Well, there is a thin line between love and hate...

Maybe, in Guts' subconcious...

He loves Griffith, for giving him a new meaning in life, albeit a very violent one but... hey.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there is a thin line between love and hate...

Maybe, in Guts' subconcious...

He loves Griffith, for giving him a new meaning in life, albeit a very violent one but... hey.
...Thats all you could come up with?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I also had thought about it but took it out because I wanted to talk about love between humans.
Besides, it has been done tooooooooooooooo much. :p
i somehow knew that u d react in that way!
i thought that it would fit in here but it actually doesn t!
well, I've been thinking about it for quite a long time.
I think their friendship is a part of love but then again their relationship must have something beyond friendship.
I even thought that Guts also might get to love Griffith more than Caska though he doesn't realize it now.
i don t really get any idea what their relation should be called!
calling it simply "love"isn t way enough and so it is with"friendship"...
as u say there are thousands of types of love but how can they be defined?
or isn t it necassary to define them because they are all about the same theme with same result?
well i don t think so but i either can t give any explanation bout the "love" between guts and griffith.
this might be the most complex luvstory in berserk and i guess it has a lot to do respect, tolerance, ego, believe ,sacrifices, opinions, different ways, emotion, importance, thoughts, sensual equality, soul...
i don t know there so much...i d like to call it friendship but there is even more...i mean u can have friends and u can hav friends...it is sometimes or with some guys different in a special spirital way that connects those two individuals...
what is this all about?
i just don t know;i gotta think bout it i guess!?

...to be continued!

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Since the love Guts has for Caska scares me and since Guts and Griffith are favorite two Berserk characters I'll have to pick GnG. For those two to meet up in such fucked up circumstances and still become good friends like that is quite something. This thread reminds of Afghanistan saying I read in Rolling Stone and it goes "Women are for children, men are for love."

I think that Gatts and Casca's relationship would have to be my favorite... I just think it's so touching that someone who's had a life as messed up as Gatts and someone with a history with men like Casca's :p could find such a relationship. I think the thing I like about them is that they were friends before anything else (although I think Gatts dug her from the start) and their relationship grew from a friendship and mutual respect. You don't really see that done well in anime very often...
I have to agree with Walt though, that Gatts and Griffith's relationship is the most interesting. It's also very unique... I don't think I've ever seen something quite like it explored before, in this medium anyway...

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
Gatts and caska hands down
a) bonfire of dreams scene probably one of my most favourite
b)return of enlightened gatts waterfall scene brilliant
c)lovemaking and discussion scene after where he says come with me

Yet the other best relationship in berserk is gatts and the dragonslayer

puella

Berserk forever
I am pretty much interested in such a relationship as Guts and Griffith. This is why I love "buddy movie" so much.
Love that has no sexual feeling but stronger than any other love in the world, this is what always attracts me and why I read berserk.
Maybe I'm fed up with love between men and women. haha~

** It was one of the most beautiful scenes in berserk that Guts and Caska were making love.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
even thought that Guts also might get to love Griffith more than Caska though he doesn't realize it now.
Are you speaking about Christian love?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
1) Guts and Griffith
2) Guts and Caska
3) Griffith and Caska
4) Luca and Jerome
5) Nina and Johaim
6) Rickert and Erica
7) the snail count and his wife
8 ) Julius and The Queen
9) Griffith and Charlotte
10) Caska and Judeau
11) Farnese and Serpico
12) Farnese and Guts

There is a lucky thirteen option:

13) Walter and ParadiseLost

And a quote from an anonymous member

"ParadiseLost is the most meaningful to me. Ive always found rivalries to be among the most interesting types of relationships. This isn't a love with sex as one of its backbones, as much of the others are. And because of that, it has a much greater chance to be unique and profound."

heehee!!

Vermillion

Okay my serious reply

Which love do you prefer?
My thought is that Guts and Griffith's relationship is the most interesting of all. Guts was the only person that Griffith risked his life for, that definitely speaks volumes. But now, who knows what Griffith feelings are for Guts. Guts, in a sense, is Griffiths father. But honestly once Caska is safer and Guts can focus on Griffth, I dont think he'll go through the trouble just to talk to him. He's not pursuing Griffith to ask him why, Guts already knows why. He's going for revenge, thats my sense of it.

Rickert and Erica

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
He's not pursuing Griffith to ask him why, Guts already knows why. He's going for revenge, thats my sense of it.
But Guts expressed that he didn't know how he felt about Griffith anymore in chapter 179:

"The Griffith that appeared right in front of me was no demon.
He had the body of a man.
Almost as if he had been brought back from the old days.
When I saw him, for just a moment...
My urge to kill him had been forgotten.

That... I CAN'T FORGIVE.
It was a journey without an aim.
Battling with hordes of monsters, relying only on the brand to guide me through.
And now I don't know where I'm going.
No...Even though he wasn't in our world, I chased his shadow, becoming lost as I slaughtered the specters in my path.
But now, he's in the same world as me!
The land that I step firmly in!
A place where my sword can reach him! "

He may convince himself he's just out for revenge, but... there's obviously more at work here than even Guts is ready to acknowledge.

Vermillion

When I saw him, for just a moment...
My urge to kill him had been forgotten.
just for a moment...

That... I CAN'T FORGIVE.
Theres the proof that he cannot let his past feelings for the past Griffith drown out the pain and suffering Griffith caused. It seems to me that he's pissed that his hatred subsided for that moment. Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

But now, he's in the same world as me!
The land that I step firmly in!
A place where my sword can reach him! "
That only means one thing to me

He may convince himself he's just out for revenge, but... there's obviously more at work here than even Guts is ready to acknowledge.
I cant really argue with that. But the Hawks was his family, his family that died a horrible death. If I were Guts, I simply cant forget that.

Thanks for the excerpt by the way!!

puella

Berserk forever
Rickert and Erica
oh, you are the only one who answered this question of mine.
Rickert and Erica's love is very pretty, I think, and the exact opposite of Guts and Caska's.

"ParadiseLost is the most meaningful to me. Ive always found rivalries to be among the most interesting types of relationships. This isn't a love with sex as one of its backbones, as much of the others are. And because of that, it has a much greater chance to be unique and profound."

heehee!!
The relationship between Walter and PL is pretty much similar to Guts and Griffith's, indeed. ;D
How deep their love and hatred are! *sniffs*

**here's my another question:
Which love do you want to have in the real life?
as for me, Erica and Rickert's love
*cough* *cough* *envies Vermillion*

Vermillion

:DRe: which love do you prefer in berserk?

**here's my another question:
Which love do you want to have in the real life?
as for me, Erica and Rickert's love

Yeah I think almost everyone goes through that sweet innocent puppy love during those younger years.

I definitely wouldnt want Luca and Jerome's romantic situation. :D :D

Top Bottom