Was Griffith's beherit poisoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurnaak

losing the plot since 1998
I don't normally post things as I prefer to lurk in the murky shadows and snigger at all the "wh3re's scanlashins plse???" questions ;)

Anyway, this popped into my head after someone posted a pic of the pierced behelit that saved ol' Griff's life.

Complete speculation mind you but it's fun to play around with - what if Giffith's behelit actually got damaged, i.e. poisoned from the arrow all those years ago? What i'm wondering is if the poisoned behelit has "corrupted" (can't think of a better word right now) our man in white? How so I hear you ask? Well, what if his desire for his dream goes beyond what we figured it to be - his own kingdom. What if his mind becomes focussed on ruling it all, everything, all the layers n' such. Imagine, if you will, he obtains his earthly kingdom but then focuses on becoming the uber, numero uno Godhand and ruler of their domain. Would that not kind of twist the story into something akin to, dare I say it, Matrix Revolutions? I actually liked that movie but I'd probably feel a bit let down if miura did something similar. :p

Anyway, my main point is do you think the behelit was affected by the arrow/poison or did it merely save his life, unaffected. I think it's a possibility (most likely a slim one mind you) that when he used the behelit it infected him during the process of becoming Femto. As a wise man never said "you're only as good as your behelit"

I must admit, I like the idea that a small incident at the start of it all could have such a big influence but then again, I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff. :D Bear in mind this isn't based on anything other than pure speculation so I there's no need to verbally kick the crap out me.

Don't worry, I'll go back to my usual muted input after this ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gurnaak said:
Complete speculation mind you but it's fun to play around with - what if Giffith's behelit actually got damaged, i.e. poisoned from the arrow all those years ago?

I very much doubt a beherit can be poisoned. They are extremely powerful objects and deeply linked to the astral world, not the kind of thing that can be altered so easily. And it's really just a nick in that picture, I don't see how poison could have penetrated it. Also, while beherits are sentient, they're still described as objects, not organisms that eat, sleep, etc. There's also no sign at any moment that the beherit was damaged beyond the original dent (that we only see once). All of this makes your hypothesis rather unlikely IMHO.

Gurnaak said:
What i'm wondering is if the poisoned behelit has "corrupted" (can't think of a better word right now) our man in white?

I don't think so. I don't think it could even do it to be exact. Beherits open a portal to the dimension the ceremonies take place in when the time is right, that's their role. They don't transform their user nor sacrifice people, and neither do they fuse with their minds or anything like that. This goes for Griffith like for all the others. Griffith's beherit was a vital element to the Occultation ceremony, yet it only transported people to another reality at a definite moment, no more, no less. Its role was fulfilled at that moment, and we don't even know what happened to it after that. I just don't see how the beherit could have "corrupted" Griffith as it didn't interact with him in a way that could warrant it.

Gurnaak said:
How so I hear you ask? Well, what if his desire for his dream goes beyond what we figured it to be - his own kingdom.

Well that isn't too improbable, but there's no need for the beherit to be corrupted to get this result. Griffith's abilities have vastly improved, he wanted to be king as a man, and now he's far beyond mere men. It would only be natural that his ambitions evolved alongside. Griffith: king of the world? Why not.

Gurnaak said:
Imagine, if you will, he obtains his earthly kingdom but then focuses on becoming the uber, numero uno Godhand and ruler of their domain. Would that not kind of twist the story into something akin to, dare I say it, Matrix Revolutions?

I'm not sure what it would turn the story into, but no thanks to Matrix Revolutions.

Gurnaak said:
Bear in mind this isn't based on anything other than pure speculation so I there's no need to verbally kick the crap out me.

Haha, nobody would do that I'm sure, however I'm certain as well you realize that speculating without any element to base yourself on doesn't usually yield serious results. There's no problem with it though, and feel free to post as much as you want.

Aazealh said:
Also, while beherits are sentient, they're still described as objects, not organisms that eat, sleep, etc.

Weren't you aware: Becchi has a fondness for cheese!

Seriously though, doesn't Flora explain (well at least partially) the physical and astral nature of the Beherit in volume 24, pg. 118? I've only read a couple of translations of that paticular section and since their reliability is suspect I don't wish to quote them.

N

Ng51386

The beherit's are essentially living keys in a way, but at the same time not really alive. They simply open the gate for the holders to be turned into either one of the God Hand, in Griffith's case, or an apostle like Zodd or any other demonic creature.

Because of that, it couldnt be posioned, and especially since this is an item that goes beyond normal mortal comprehension. Not only that, but the beherit was never pierced in the first place, so there's no way it could be posioned since it never even pierced the beherit in the beginning to do harm to it.

As for Griffith becoming "corrupted" the Beherit chose Griffith, it's not that Griffith chose the Beherit. Griffith was meant to become part of the God Hand even before he had that beherit. Even when he lost it while being tortured, the beherit found him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jepn30 said:
Seriously though, doesn't Flora explain (well at least partially) the physical and astral nature of the Beherit in volume 24, pg. 118?

She talks about it, yes. What she said is encompassed in my post above.

CnC

Ad Oculos
jackson_hurley said:
other than that..haha like i dunno cut in half or something ... i doubt it though

well it hasn't happened, if that helps.

Even at the bottom of SK's belly they exist in some form to create his more powerful sword (crazy digestive juices).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
but can a beherit can actually be destroyed?!

There was a short discussion about it in this thread. I'm confident that poison would be ineffective on a beherit. That said, we know they can be altered (SK, etc), but I don't think it'd be easy to really destroy one given their nature. There's no certainty on the subject however.

Also Griffith says "it seems to protect me from evil" so I doubt poison would have any effect, it is an other worldy object after all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Also Griffith says "it seems to protect me from evil" so I doubt poison would have any effect

I don't see the relation between these two things to be honest. Not that it changes anything but I felt like telling you.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Aazealh said:
I don't see the relation between these two things to be honest. Not that it changes anything but I felt like telling you.
I think he's trying to say that the behelit is incapable of being poisoned because it's supposed to protect Griffith or whatever. Atleast that's what I got out of that statement.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
I think he's trying to say that the behelit is incapable of being poisoned because it's supposed to protect Griffith or whatever.

Yeah, and that's why I don't think it's a proper relation.

It would be a cool idea if the DS could be slotted with a couple of beherits. Worst case scenario the DS would look pretty cool.

Probably if you were to throw it in that Volcano in mordor you could destroy it....

Tenro

...You tit.
Entropy said:
It would be a cool idea if the DS could be slotted with a couple of beherits. Worst case scenario the DS would look pretty cool.

Probably if you were to throw it in that Volcano in mordor you could destroy it....
...Buh? Why would sticking behelits into the DS do anything? The Yobimizu no Tsurugi alters the nature of the things, it's not like the have this massive destructive power...

And while I won't harass you for the comment at the end, I will ask why you capitalized "volcano" and not "Mordor." And for the record, it's commonly known as Mount Doom.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tenro said:
...Buh? Why would sticking behelits into the DS do anything?

He was probably making a reference to FFVII and its slot system (with materia). That or Diablo 2 with the jewels, you get the idea.

Tenro said:
And while I won't harass you for the comment at the end

Yeah, who cares really, he was just trolling. If the off-topic goes on I'll just lock the thread.

Gurnaak

losing the plot since 1998
Please do, I posed the question in the first place and I was happy with the first few replies :D Was just a thought that popped inta my head whilst at work anyway. Damn, time to do some work that pays :(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gurnaak said:
Please do, I posed the question in the first place and I was happy with the first few replies :D Was just a thought that popped inta my head whilst at work anyway.

No problem then, you know that you can lock your own threads yourself anyway, if you feel that your question has been answered, you can always post to say so and lock it. :serpico:

Gurnaak said:
Damn, time to do some work that pays :(

Keep your chin up. :guts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom