Guts' end

i had a thought...

i whole heartedly think that guts was the vital spot in a web of everything that has happened for griffith and those around him. without guts battles in the golden years would have been lost, caska would have drowned, in my opinion i dont think she would have slept with (got pregnant by) anyone less than guys or griffith. (willingly) without guts, griffiths fate wouldnt have been possable.

so with that said will guts or someone else ever have the chance to (magically, astrialy, or whatever other "plains" there are) change his fate/go back in time and let him die with his mother?

What would be the point of that? Eliminate the main character and the last 29+ volumes? Not being mean, just curious as to what exactly you think that would accomplish? :???:

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
NeverSoul said:
so with that said will guts or someone else ever have the chance to (magically, astrialy, or whatever other "plains" there are) change his fate/go back in time and let him die with his mother?

This is speculation along a similar thread to the "is Skullknight Guts from the future?". Basically, it boils down to the post being pointless.

Asking questions like what would the story be like without the main character isn't speculation, as there wouldn't be a story to speculate on.

Oh at times I wish I could use Adobe photoshop well, I would put Guts next to the Delorean from Back to the future or something... oh well.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NeverSoul said:
i whole heartedly think that guts was the vital spot in a web of everything that has happened for griffith and those around him.

Guts is pretty much the vital spot of the story in its entirety. It's all about him, even during the Golden Age arc.

NeverSoul said:
without guts, griffiths fate wouldnt have been possable.

That's exact, however the Idea of Evil is resourceful, and with causality a lot of things are possible. While the same story couldn't possibly happen without Guts, maybe the God of Berserk would manage to find a way to have Griffith become Femto nevertheless. At worst, it could wait another 216 years.

NeverSoul said:

Well the idea could be interesting in a way, if Guts' life was really just full of misery and the future looked very bad, it could work as some kind of twisted closure (not a very good one IMHO). Obviously it would have to take place at the very end of the series, otherwise it wouldn't make sense since it would end it prematurely (no Berserk without Guts). But if someone went back in time, why not kill Griffith instead? Guts could kill him in his early years and let his younger self lead/form the Hawks, save Casca, marry her and live happily ever after with his group of good-hearted mercenaries stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. That or anything else, my point is that killing Guts itself wouldn't be the best thing to do as it would also destroy the only hope the Berserk world currently has (epic!).

Besides, Guts' close future seems rather bright for now, he has new friends, Casca might be cured, etc. Killing himself off at his birth isn't really the kind of thing he'd do, and I can't see anybody else doing it (SK? I doubt it, he was already around at the time). Then there's the problem of the "going back in time" concept, basically besides the obvious fact that it's unheard of in Berserk and improbable to ever happen, it would open too many possibilities: killing Gaiseric before he was emperor, preventing the fall of his empire, killing future God Hand members, anything.

All in all I don't think Miura will resort to this, and I'm dubious about its interest story-wise.

The whole basis of the thought i had was started because i had just watched the butterfly affect and also ive been reading Gantz (great manga btw). That story just took a massive turn when it looked like it could have been comming to an end. Then i started thinking of my 1st and formost favorite manga and it got me wondering about a couple things
1) how long does Miura plan on keeping Berserk alive? (hopefully another 20 years if possable i got the youth for it)
and
2) how does he plan on ending this epic story.

C said:
What would be the point of that? Eliminate the main character and the last 29+ volumes? Not being mean, just curious as to what exactly you think that would accomplish? :???:

- C
This would accomplish an ending to the story good or bad

CnC said:
This is speculation along a similar thread to the "is Skullknight Guts from the future?". Basically, it boils down to the post being pointless.
about a year ago i started a post relating guts and Skully (you should look it up) but Skully has pretty much nothing to do with this post so i started a new one. so with the utmost respect you might want to do whatever it is you need to do to in order to figure out the differance between the post you brought up and this one. starting a pro/con table comes in handy with stuff like this.

Aazealh~
Well im glad someone understood what i was getting at. So far i havent had any other idea on the significance of knowing that Guts' mother was a swinger other than to represent the struggle his life has been from the start. Granted "god" is probably a pretty smart thing, but what if this would never had happened had Guts died then and there. The band of the hawk wouldnt have been as successful, Coska would have been lost and Griffiths new vessel would have had to be created else where.

Personally i dont think Guts would give up his life at any point. It just isnt his character, but as the section this is in...its all speculation. I could go on alot more but im going to have a smoke and call my wife. anyhow have fun picking this appart i honestly hope it gives someone something to do on their spare time.

NS

Tenro

...You tit.
NeverSoul said:
about a year ago i started a post relating guts and Skully (you should look it up) but Skully has pretty much nothing to do with this post so i started a new one. so with the utmost respect you might want to do whatever it is you need to do to in order to figure out the differance between the post you brought up and this one. starting a pro/con table comes in handy with stuff like this.
Okay, not only is this patronizing(to someone who is well respected on this board), you missed his point. He was saying that your idea(like the SK from the future thread) is so far out of left field that it cannot be discussed with any kind of reference from the series, meaning that no theory makes any more sense than another. Simply put, we don't know. There is nothing in Berserk as it stands to give us any ideas in that direction.

I dont think Miura would do that to berserk, as in go back in the past and undo everything that has happened. Berserk, to me, is more of a progressive action/adventure story, not one of those mindbending twist storys.

Top Bottom