Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
CnC said:
But I agree, a well done 2d animation would be great.  3d animations can be very pretty to work with but theres still nothing to compete with the styles 2d can do.
i second that.

I'd watch either, but I still don't see a feasible movie plot coming from Berserk.

yeah concerning plot it'd be a pre-programmed disaster.

S

smoke

As cool as it would be to see a trailer for "BERSERK" while sitting in a movie theater, the letters twenty feet high and in jagged, blood-red font (just the thought gets me hard), the end product would really be disappointing for everyone. I can't think of an actor on earth that would be a convincing Guts. Do you know of any muscle-bound, seven foot tall badasses in Hollywood?

But if one were to be done, I insist that Puck be a puppet.
:puck:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Aazealh said:
What about traditional animation? It would be as good if not better than CGI, and less expensive.

I'd have to agree with you there, but just about anything would be better than a live-action attempt at Berserk.  I can only imagine who Hollywood would end up casting for each of the characters and they'd probably do a crappy job at it, I mean look who they used to be Constantine.  So I wouldn't honestly be surprised if they cast the 'Governator' to be Guts or something like that.

Not to mention the plot would probably be non-existent and they'd probably just turn it into another slasher-esqe flick.

S

Snowdjinn

I wish i could read everything you gusy have typed but thats 16 pages of no thank you..

I myself have thought of how i would make Berserk if i was the director, thinking of the story and what clips would be shown, how it would start end, everything. So i will share a few ideals of what i belive to be the best ideal

Story: It would have to most deffinatly be eddited, As True to the story as id like to keep it i would like to make it more real, for example. Dont add any of that stupid cutesie stuff puck does. When the characters are playing around playfully make it belivable and not all cartoony. Change the dialog (hopfully with Kentarou's input) so its more beliveable and fluent... so so comic book exceptiblly cheesey, like some bad guy saying.. GRRRR I'll get you as he attacks. KEEP IT DARK!! i want blood! i wanna see the pain guts lives with every single day, the rage he turns it into. the fury that he unleashes it with. Yes CG animation when needed, King Kong has the best ive seen.

I think The story should start with a mix between the manga and anime, I think It should start with him killing the snake lord cause thats just a tight episode, and would imediantly grab the audiance by the balls, then as he walks away it cuts into him under neith his mother at the tree, not the castle raid, then carry on the storry from there. Cut out the whole fat demon thing and make him meet puck another way. Then your pretty much set as how the story will carry on from the birth tree untill the first void.

Director: I dont know who could direct this best other than peter jackson, cause this story is one thing... epic, and peter is the man to do it, other than maybe george lucus but peter is alreay experiance with old midevil shit. Secondly he must work side by side with Kentarou.

Actors: Guts: id choose "the rock" first cause he is capible of looking somewhat like guts if they fix him up, and he has the Action hero experiance, acting experiance, and THE BODY BUILD! Charle sheen may look more like guts but ... come on... thats like... saying Kelso from that 70's show could be guts if he looked like him, It just wouldnt float well with anyone. his reputation just doesnt sit well.
Other wise anyone closer looking than the rock whos a good actor and built like him could do

Casca: Hally berry first choice, any other black girl thats good next
Griffith: Jonny Depp first choice, Then The guy who played the ScareCrow in Batman Begins.
Everyone else: doesnt matter

Snowdjinn said:
any other black girl thats good next... Everyone else: doesnt matter

Casca:
Celebrity-Image-Queen-Latifah-23057.jpg

Everyone else:
fat_people.jpg

??

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Snowdjinn said:
I wish i could read everything you gusy have typed but thats 16 pages of no thank you..

I myself have thought of how i would make Berserk if i was the director, thinking of the story and what clips would be shown, how it would start end, everything. So i will share a few ideals of what i belive to be the best ideal

Story: It would have to most deffinatly be eddited, As True to the story as id like to keep it i would like to make it more real, for example. Dont add any of that stupid cutesie stuff puck does. When the characters are playing around playfully make it belivable and not all cartoony. Change the dialog (hopfully with Kentarou's input) so its more beliveable and fluent... so so comic book exceptiblly cheesey, like some bad guy saying.. GRRRR I'll get you as he attacks. KEEP IT DARK!! i want blood! i wanna see the pain guts lives with every single day, the rage he turns it into. the fury that he unleashes it with. Yes CG animation when needed, King Kong has the best ive seen.

I think The story should start with a mix between the manga and anime, I think It should start with him killing the snake lord cause thats just a tight episode, and would imediantly grab the audiance by the balls, then as he walks away it cuts into him under neith his mother at the tree, not the castle raid, then carry on the storry from there. Cut out the whole fat demon thing and make him meet puck another way. Then your pretty much set as how the story will carry on from the birth tree untill the first void.

Director: I dont know who could direct this best other than peter jackson, cause this story is one thing... epic, and peter is the man to do it, other than maybe george lucus but peter is alreay experiance with old midevil shit. Secondly he must work side by side with Kentarou.

Actors: Guts: id choose "the rock" first cause he is capible of looking somewhat like guts if they fix him up, and he has the Action hero experiance, acting experiance, and THE BODY BUILD! Charle sheen may look more like guts but ... come on... thats like... saying Kelso from that 70's show could be guts if he looked like him, It just wouldnt float well with anyone. his reputation just doesnt sit well.
Other wise anyone closer looking than the rock whos a good actor and built like him could do

Griffith: Jonny Depp first choice, Then The guy who played the ScareCrow in Batman Begins.

You are original, I like you. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Snowdjinn said:
Thanks for putting the time in. Your laziness is appreciated and apparent throughout your post.

Story: It would have to most deffinatly be eddited, As True to the story as id like to keep it i would like to make it more real, for example.
More real as in... omitting the Dragon Slayer, God Hand, Occultations, Apostles, the Brand, all the magic in the series and oh, everything else?

Change the dialog (hopfully with Kentarou's input) so its more beliveable and fluent... so so comic book exceptiblly cheesey, like some bad guy saying.. GRRRR I'll get you as he attacks. KEEP IT DARK!!
Wow, you're a fucking idiot.

I think The story should start with a mix between the manga and anime, I think It should start with him killing the snake lord cause thats just a tight episode,
Whoa, be careful. You might lose your audience if it's not REAL enough.

After reading the rest of your post, I'm 50/50 on whether or not you're joking. Please tell me I fell for a practical joke... Please? :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
After reading the rest of your post, I'm 50/50 on whether or not you're joking. Please tell me I fell for a practical joke... Please? :carcus:

of course its a joke, dude. no way anyone's that redundant

Snowdjinn said:
Director: I dont know who could direct this best other than peter jackson
You're an ass. You forgot John Waters.

Snowdjinn said:
Actors:  Guts: id choose "the rock" first cause he is capible of looking somewhat like guts if they fix him up, and he has the Action hero experiance, acting experiance, and THE BODY BUILD!  Charle sheen may look more like guts but ... come on... thats like... saying Kelso from that 70's show could be guts if he looked like him, It just wouldnt float well with anyone. his reputation just doesnt sit well.
You forgot Mr. T, you ass.

Snowdjinn said:
You forgot Oprah, you ass.
Snowdjinn said:
  Griffith:  Jonny Depp first choice, Then The guy who played the ScareCrow in Batman Begins.
You forgot Roberto Benigni, you ass.

How can you call yourself a Berserk Fan, when you over look the obvious! You ass.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
BERSERKMOVIE.gif

This pretty much the sums up every Berserk movie thread.
Just be thankful it doesn't happen.​

S

Snowdjinn

Oh yeah vin diesel is pretty good too, and orlando bloom might work. sweet

Well Walter and CnC, I think you misunderstood my ideal of keeping it real and changing dialog. When i say keeping it real, OBVIUSLY its still gonna have deamons, dragon slayer, ghosts etc. But there are somethings that are ok in the manga that would just seem stupid in a real movie, you cant keep everything EXACTLY THE SAME like you probably want it to be. Its gotta work for the Progression of the story, and stay true to the root of the story, while cutting the fat thats only reasonable for the manga. According to you guys, if they made a movie for Metal Gear Solid, it would just be a recording of some guy playing through the game but played by Hugh Jackman. YOu cant do that, you have to cut the fat thats ok for the video game media to make it good for the movie media. Same goes for a Comic to a Real Movie, It makes me wonder if you guys have had any experiance with film making at all, I have studied at the Brooks instatue of Photography as well as personaly study the art of film. ANy way thanks for being soo nice and insulting me so easily, im no berserk wana be, i love the story enough to get a tatto of the brand on me, so i did. I would make this movie so its the best.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Snowdjinn said:
ANy way thanks for being soo nice and insulting me so easily, im no berserk wana be, i love the story enough to get a tatto of the brand on me, so i did. I would make this movie so its the best.

You're the fat here, and you need to be cut off.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow, where to begin...

Snowdjinn said:
When i say keeping it real, OBVIUSLY its still gonna have deamons, dragon slayer, ghosts etc. But there are somethings that are ok in the manga that would just seem stupid in a real movie, you cant keep everything EXACTLY THE SAME like you probably want it to be.

So basically you realize that the manga wouldn't be a good for a movie, so you want to change it so it would work. Fine, just don't call it Berserk. Call it Snowdjinn's Assraping of a Perfectly Good Story (rated R for excessive "experiance" of film making)

Snowdjinn said:
ANy way thanks for being soo nice and insulting me so easily, im no berserk wana be, i love the story enough to get a tatto of the brand on me, so i did.

Let no man ever doubt your loyalty. :schierke:

I suppose the Brooks "Instatue" nor your "personaly" study the art of film never bothered to teach the art of writing. So until that little hurdle is overcome, I ask on behalf of the Berserk community to stay the hell away from the idea.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Snowdjinn said:
Oh yeah vin diesel is pretty good too, and orlando bloom might work. sweet

It makes me wonder if you guys have had any experiance with film making at all, I have studied at the Brooks instatue of Photography as well as personaly study the art of film.
how many movies have you produced so far? or is berserk gonna be your debut in that area of your life? sounds very exciting really, especially the "personaly study the art film".

I would make this movie so its the best.
yeah that sounds pretty plausible too.

im no berserk wana be, i love the story enough to get a tatto of the brand on me, so i did
if you only were a sacrifice indeed.

-TS

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/BERSERKMOVIE.gif

This pretty much the sums up every Berserk movie thread.
Just be thankful it doesn't happen.​

That is funnier than hell, but at the same time extremely scary and probably something that Hollywood would end up doing if they did a Berserk movie

trapped_soul said:
Haha!

yeah. The best about it (apart from Orlando Bloom) is that Vin Diesel _is_ "Berserk the movie". :serpico:

I agree that the Vin Diesel is "Berserk the Movie" would have to be one of the best parts, but the overall poster is hilarious and so typical of movies nowadays. I am really thankful now that there's no movie. :void:

Raziel said:
That is funnier than hell, but at the same time extremely scary and probably something that Hollywood would end up doing if they did a Berserk movie

I agree that the Vin Diesel is "Berserk the Movie" would have to be one of the best parts, but the overall poster is hilarious and so typical of movies nowadays. I am really thankful now that there's no movie. :void:

Ok...lol, I saw that picture and got abit freaked out, Vin Diesel as Guts!. C'mon, they can do better than that!

Orlando Bloom, Please. lol, He's not as handsome as people say he is.

But that poster is pretty funny.

I've actually been thinking, Since there is no chance of Berserk ever turning into a Live movie, I agree with the whole 2D animation alot but I still like the whole 100% CGI final fantasy.

Anyway, heres my theory. What if the Berserk movie was animated in 2D or CGI and with the voices of Famous Actors (Not Matt Damon or any rubbish Actors) Some good Actors.

Bruce Campbell as the Voice of Guts! He is my first choice, I know it sounds stupid but bare with me. Bruce was awsome in Evil dead, and his character and Guts bare a Striking resemblance.

untitled3fp2.png
dd0wg.png

Except Ash has The Chainsaw (Sword) is attached to his Hand, Not the Gun or something. lol

But Anyway, Bruce Campbell is my first choice for the voice of Guts. Now for Casca ^_^

Jessica Alba. From the Moment I saw her in Dark Angel I knew she was Perfect for Casca in a berserk movie! In real life or voice which ever seems better. Besides they both look alike ^_^

untitled6dj.png

dd7xv.png

No Idea who would voice Griffith though. Best ideas are here

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=605.msg114228#msg114228

But anyway, If I think Berserk can be made into a movie is not through hollywood or Live action cause that would Totally Destroy Berserk with the wrong actors and such.

Best way is through 2D or 3D animation, Which ever gets more attention. But I agree with 2D the most despite the whole FF:AC idea of mine. lol

CnC

Ad Oculos
Skullgrin140 said:
Now for Casca ^_^

Jessica Alba. From the Moment I saw her in Dark Angel I knew she was Perfect for Casca in a berserk movie! In real life or voice which ever seems better. Besides they both look alike ^_^

die.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
his character and Guts bare a Striking resemblance.

Frankly, if there's a striking thing here it's the idiocy of your post.

Skullgrin140 said:

Yeah, their... uh, nails look alike from a distance.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Yeah excellent choice. i don't think there's anyone that would fit better than Jennifer.

Except for Janet.

untitled6dj.png

0,1020,361814,00.jpg

striking, isn't it? wow.

Top Bottom