Episode 267

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 灼熱灣 - Blazing Bay

06v02.jpg

Well, no preview this time it seems.

The episode is interesting as always, the group finally arrives to the harbor and witness a vast number of Daka occupying the place, with more disembarking from a Kushan ship. Guts wants to directly attack them but Schierke strongly opposes herself to that idea because she senses a huge evil power nearby, something very dangerous. She enters a trance to find out about it and discovers an "unnatural" fire but the Daka notice her, so Guts and the others have to defend her against them while her spirit is away. Meanwhile she's reminded of what happened to Flora's mansion and is resolute to protect her second "family".

Next episode will be released on January 27. It's written at the end of each and every episode, so anybody asking about it will have his post removed.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks aaz! woot!
This is a most welcome surprise

Aw man! Was _that_ ever awesome!

That 2 page spread of Guts vs Daka was worth it :)

And its really building up, Schierke's tears really builds up tension.

D

darkbane

Thanks as always Aaz. Awesome episode, poor Shierke is close to tears, I guess she's like "why are you always so unreasonable and have no regard for your own life, Guts?" or something? :D

Thank you sir, I have been awaiting my next fix...

Interesting episode. Need to continue studying Japanese so that I can actually read these on my own.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
What was the ad for on the very last page?

They're simply advertising the manga, and announcing that 21 million Berserk volumes having been sold.

Anyway, Schierke likens the fire ("a Karma fire which is meant to burn down the enemy, the city and humans") to an Inferno once she witnesses its extent, and in parallel Ivalera is worried about her since it's very difficult to reach for elementals in a place like Vritannis (can't be compared to Flora's house or Enoch). Schierke thinks her experience in Enoch will prove to be valuable in the current situation.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sweet!  Thanks, Aazealh, as always!  Really great stuff in this one (isn't there always?), especially all the two-page spreads.  I really like the one where Schierke is surrounded by what appears to be a vortex ravaging the city.  Maybe we'll find out what this thing is in the next episode, what with this one closing with an image of it.  Glad to see Roderick hasn't lost his balls and is continuing to fight with the group.  As everyone has mentioned, the emotion pouring out of Schierke is really building things up.  Can't wait until the 27th! :guts:

EDIT: Forgot to mentioned the moment where Casca, after being told "shh" by Farnese, turns to Magnifico and does the same to him. Priceless.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
They're simply advertising the manga, and announcing that 21 million Berserk volumes having been sold.

Awesome, lets hope that insures Berserk for another 20 years..

Aazealh said:
Anyway, Schierke likens the fire ("a Karma fire which is meant to burn down the enemy, the city and humans") to an Inferno once she witnesses its extent, and in parallel Ivalera is worried about her since it's very difficult to reach for elementals in a place like Vritannis (can't be compared to Flora's house or Enoch). Schierke thinks her experience in Enoch will prove to be valuable in the current situation.

Well, the picture is awesome. Very haunting imagery

Aazealh said:
Guts wants to directly attack them but Schierke strongly opposes herself to that idea because she senses a huge evil power nearby, something very dangerous. She enters a trance to find out about it and discovers an "unnatural" fire but the Daka notice her, so Guts and the others have to defend her against them while her spirit is away.
That unnatural fire Schierke finds at the end of the episode; I'm thinking it's Daiba's power. Nothing to back my claim, but I'm assuming with this huge Kushan influx in a single night, I'd think the guy in charge of it would be that huge evil power Schierke senses.

That image of Schierke practically yelling at Guts for his idea on page 9 shows just how much she's grown to the big guy. What a cute little, assertive emotional girl she's becoming. :casca: The look on Guts' face looked surprised at her words.

And so many 2-page spreads in a single episode. I can't remember Miura ever doing 5 of them in a single shot.Great way to start the new year too. Kudos Miura. :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Jhot obs said:
That unnatural fire Schierke finds at the end of the episode; I'm thinking it's Diaba's power. Nothing to back my claim, but I'm assuming with this huge Kushan influx in a single night, I'd think the guy in charge of it would be that huge evil power Schierke senses.

Seems like a logical assumption to make to me, as well. :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Seems like a logical assumption to make to me, as well.  :badbone:

I will also agree with this. :guts: If it's not Daiba then my next best bet would be Ganishka. I'm leaning more towards Daiba though, since Schierke senses that the power is nearby.

Schierke's previous experience has already proved useful; she was nearly swallowed up by the inferno, and she remembered to tap her cane to regain her astral form.  All of these episodes are showing everyone's gradual growth, and it's really nice something new and exciting at the end of every episode (such as that ball/eye/spires of fire).

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
i luv u aaz and everyone else....the episode was AWESOME!! As always...haha.....man im so happy....i could.....smile! :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, pretty awesome. I love the picture of that vortex. I was wondering where that preview was myself. Anyway, I might just have to do some coloring of this...

Wow thanks for the episode Aaz...yesterday I was afraid that(I dunno why)there would not be any episode...no preview on YA,no topic about it here...I'm relieved now!
Nice episode as always...With kind of the power that Schierke will summon I don't think that everything will go very well...moreover Daiba seem very close to them...Hopefully we won't wait a month to get the next episode(Ps: 21 million Berserk volumes sold,hope for 21 millions more)

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Unexpected but thouroughly satisfying ;)

Thanks a lot, Aazealh

Edit: this has nothing to do with the episode, but... 21M copies of berserk, at 1100 yens a piece (is that the retail price? amazon.co.jp had vol.28 listed at that price), make for 23100000000 yens, or 167354582 euros / 201628582 dollars. Wonder what % of that Miura ever sees...

Top Bottom