Episode 268

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
You might just as well ask why the "eye" doesn't have salamanders crawling out of its pupil.

Who said it doesn't? :carcus: Actually Schierke while in trance apparently had salamanders surrounding her.

coolerimmortal said:
Sorry if this is rude...but why isn't the chapter up yet? [...] Was the issue delayed?

First off, the issue obviously wasn't delayed. There's no reason for it to be delayed, really. YA came out on friday like it always does, and the episode was in it. I thought that was clear from what I said in my previous posts in this thread. Second, this episode wasn't posted here because it wasn't scanned. Logical, eh? :SK: What more would anybody want to know, I have no idea. Precise details maybe? If I told you that the mother of my good friend Leiji that usually scans YA from work (he's a delivery man) called me saturday to tell me that he'd been hit by a car in Shibuya on wednesday morning and that he wouldn't be able to walk for at least 4 months, explaining why the scans aren't here, would that help you much? I hope not, because that's bullshit. :guts:

In the end, many of our members here subscribe to Young Animal, so scans will be posted eventually. Now it's not a priority and it takes time to get from Japan anyway, so while I'm sorry to hear about your Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder you'll have to be patient (waiting a week isn't hell...). On a side note, I for one don't mind the absence of scans at all, I find it rejoicing actually. When things are rare people pay more attention to them, and some might even buy YA, who knows. I hope that answer satisfies all those that wonder about this.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I will be moving to Mainland Japan on feb 20th.

That's cool, good luck with your move... God knows I also hate that.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yup, like whats already been stated, the scans are a privilege. We're lucky to get them when and if we get them. What we should all be doing is buying it. Either in YA or volume format.

Not that your post was obnoxious or anything, just you brought up the subject. Hence why it seems like the 3rd degree.

Aazealh said:
If I told you that the mother of my good friend Leiji that usually scans YA from work (he's a delivery man) called me saturday to tell me that he'd been hit by a car in Shibuya on wednesday morning and that he wouldn't be able to walk for at least 4 months, explaining why the scans aren't here, would that help you much? I hope not, because that's bullshit. :guts:

Sucks to hear that, dude. All the best for your imaginary friend.

Aazealh said:
Precise details maybe? If I told you that the mother of my good friend Leiji that usually scans YA from work (he's a delivery man) called me saturday to tell me that he'd been hit by a car in Shibuya on wednesday morning and that he wouldn't be able to walk for at least 4 months, explaining why the scans aren't here, would that help you much? I hope not, because that's bullshit. :guts:

Boy and I was really feeling sorry for you friend too :judo:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers Bakou!

Excellent episode. Schierke's power is quite unbelievable sometimes... Isidro looks at his enchanted knife and realises Schierke has a much bigger power wang than him -- 'twas very funny! :guts:

P.S. Fux j00 CnC =P

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wow! what a great episode. that 2 page spread of the fire wheel is very tempting to color :carcus:
sometimes being swamped with work is a bad thing...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I love the shot of Guts on the road that's basically paved with Daka. I don't think there has been a shot with than many corpses before in Berserk history, unless you count the cavalry scenes, or the morselized hawks in the eclipse.

Even with the trolls, they were mostly in pools of blood so high that you couldn't see them at all.

Ah, for some reason, I was thinking it was translated already. Silly me. Too bad I came out of two years of japanese classes remembering only a few words.

[EDIT]: Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you. I appreciate the link. I've been waiting in anticipatory hell for the past week. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wereallmad said:
I love the shot of Guts on the road that's basically paved with Daka. I don't think there has been a shot with than many corpses before in Berserk history, unless you count the cavalry scenes, or the morselized hawks in the eclipse.

Even with the trolls, they were mostly in pools of blood so high that you couldn't see them at all.

I also like the panel on page 7 which increased the level of noise in the normally clean linework. It reminded me of that oh so famous shot in volume 14. Good times. oh, I hate you. silly me. I forgot.

puella

Berserk forever
I thought much about why Miura chose the English word "rod" for 輪 (as 火炎輪).
Recently, I found a Japanese expression: "自らいを背負い込む (make a rod for one's own back/bring up one's own disaster oneself)". I guess it might have something to do with it. Plus we saw Isidro call Schierke "災害娘"(girl of disaster) in this episode. If it sounds too far-fetched, all I can say is it's because I've thought about that too long and too much. :puck:

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
Yeah I guess I was thinking about another manga when I named it... no idea why though since this episode was great!.. except for Isidro's slacking :isidro: :chomp:

CnC

Ad Oculos
puella said:
I thought much about why Miura chose the English word "rod" for 輪 (as 火炎輪).
Recently, I found a Japanese expression: "自ら災いを背負い込む (make a rod for one's own back/bring up one's own disaster oneself)". I guess it might have something to do with it. Plus we saw Isidro call Schierke "災害娘"(girl of disaster) in this episode. If it sounds too far-fetched, all I can say is it's because I've thought about that too long and too much. :puck:

Interesting, I can definitely see the second variation of that expression applying. Could be, could be.

Bleak Harvest said:
Please do! :guts:

Swamped with work at the moment. Hopefully soon :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ramen4ever said:
Anyone know who Puck is trying to impersonate on page 16 Top right then again someone else on the top left!??? :puck:

Well I thought the top left was a bruce lee impersonation... dunno about the one on the right

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bakou said:
this episode was great!.. except for Isidro's slacking :isidro: :chomp:

Well, he did try to save Schierke. :SK:

Love_Blooms.jpg

Love blooms on the battlefield. :carcus:

CnC said:
Well I thought the top left was a bruce lee impersonation... dunno about the one on the right

Yes, it's Bruce Lee, and on the right it looks like he's just sneaking away before the "disaster", his look is generic for that kind of stuff in Japan. It's also not the first time he takes this appearance.

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Guts' teeth are chipped. just awesome. 99% other mangas don't even draw teeth, and the ones that do always draw them perfect. Like anyone fighting and chewing bones all the time would have perfect teeth.

Top Bottom