Will Theresia ever come looking for Gatts?

Is it possible that Theresia (the counts' daughter) will make good on her promise and come loooking for Gatts to kill him?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Will Theresia ever come looking for Guts?

end.gif

Haha awesome pic....lol....what would you do if she really came outta left field and killed Guts....lol i kno it aint gonna happen....but that would be a mind job to end all mind jobs....

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure

Pure genius. Thanks tons Griffith you brought a smile to my face after having just seen such a sad movie (Sin City).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

The perfect realization of that possibility.

Theresa's Return

Would you bring Theresa back into the story as a "vengeance" character, hell-bent on destroying Gattsu, or a "thanks" character, who realized why Gattsu said the things he said to her and fights alongside him?

Re: Theresa's Return

I actually lean more on the latter, after reading a book detailing the psychological status and maturity of several of the characters in Berserk (including Theresia of course).

If she ever does reappear (which I find highly doubtful), I believe she would be a somewhat worn-out (since I'm assuming she went Guts-hunting soon after he left) yet mature-minded woman, who knew full well that what Guts did for her may not have been the best, but was necessary in her life of constant fear and solitude.

Even if she is shown again, I wonder if it'll be more than just a cameo, a loose string that could be tied up within an episode or two. That's just my guess though.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing

I personally can't see Theresa fighting, or at least directly. I really wouldn't be surprised if she used her powers to hire mercenaries or other "thugs" to get revenge on Guts, but I can't see her entering direct combat (unless she trained non stop and became a sort of Warrior-princess :p ). Of course there is also the possibility of her getting a beherit and being offered the power to get revenge upon Guts for the pain he caused her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she accepted.

But if she does come back in the story, I have a very strong feeling she would be a revenge character. I don't think she will ever forgive Gut's for "what he did".

yota821 said:
I actually lean more on the latter, after reading a book detailing the psychological status and maturity of several of the characters in Berserk (including Theresia of course).
Please, do tell what book this is? 

yota821 said:
If she ever does reappear (which I find highly doubtful),
Yeah. I bet Miura keeps the idea as a spare story arc or something.

yota821 said:
I believe she would be a somewhat worn-out (since I'm assuming she went Guts-hunting soon after he left) yet mature-minded woman, who knew full well that what Guts did for her may not have been the best, but was necessary in her life of constant fear and solitude.
This is exactly what I thought.  

It's called ベルセルク:深層心理分析書, or, roughly, "Berserk: Deep-layered Pyschological Analysis Book". Yeah, I know, pretty horrible, but that's the best I can do :troll: . The author's name is Watanabe Mizuo. It contains a detailed analysis of the following characters:

Guts, Griffith, Casca, Rickert, Judo, Corkus, Gambino, Vargas, The Count, Theresia, King of Midland, Charlotte, Godo, Jill, Rochine, Farnese, Serpico, Azan, Mozguz, Ruca, Jerome, Nina, and Isidro.

It also has another section comparing Berserk to shoujo-mangas (Fist of the North Star, Devilman, etc.).

Nope. Although Berserk is considered a Shonen manga, the author compares it to other manga that are considered to be "shoujo-mangas" (examples listed above). Other comparisons include "Violence Jack" and "Banana Fish".

I personally haven't read most of these, so I really can't assert the author's notions, but it mostly revolves around the fact that love=hate (the author writes it as 愛憎, love-hate relationship), whereas in other Shonen mangas it is considered that love is the direct opposite of hate (or is considered to be separate from hate).

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"

I was referring to the intended audience. I thought shonen referred to boys' manga and shoujo to girls' manga. Or did they use different kanji to spell that?

Like I said, I didn't read most of those mangas, and if they were intended to be shonen-mangas, I wouldn't know. The author calls them shoujo-mangas anyway, so it's not me :p . And yeah, it's different kanji (shonen=少年, shoujo=少女).

Anyways, back on topic, if Theresia ever makes a comeback, I'm thinking she might meet Griffith before she'll meet Guts again (with Guts and co. going to elfhelm and whatnot). If she's still in revenge mode, she might just be inclined to join Griffith's army to make her search that much easier. Either that, or she's already been used in the Kushan's demon-baby making process........ :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

yota821 said:
If she's still in revenge mode, she might just be inclined to join Griffith's army to make her search that much easier. Either that, or she's already been used in the Kushan's demon-baby making process........ :judo:
Somehow, that was really funny to me. I'm a sick individual I guess :beast:

"I spent two years hunting Guts... and all I got was this lousy Daka baby ripping out of my stomach."

Well, it's the possibility I'm banking on now.

I started the same thread awhile ago.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4358.0

See illustration.

hello

IsolatioN said:
I personally can't see Theresa fighting, or at least directly. I really wouldn't be surprised if she used her powers to hire mercenaries or other "thugs" to get revenge on Guts, but I can't see her entering direct combat (unless she trained non stop and became a sort of Warrior-princess :p ). Of course there is also the possibility of her getting a beherit and being offered the power to get revenge upon Guts for the pain he caused her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she accepted.

I think it would be unlikely she would get a hold of a beherit, considering all of her family is already dead- so she'd have nothing to sacrifice unless she found some new people within the gap of time between the count and now.

It would be just as interesting to see Jill and/or Roshinu reappear... and maybe have something to do with puck's home  :puck:

yota821 said:
  Either that, or she's already been used in the Kushan's demon-baby making process........ :judo:

rofl

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Ewok, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

Ewok said:
It would be just as interesting to see Jill and/or Roshinu reappear...

Well, Rochine is dead so she's not going to reappear.

Aazealh said:
Hi Ewok, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

Well, Rochine is dead so she's not going to reappear.

we don't know for sure though, do we? all we really see is this:

I thought she may have been a little tougher than to die from losing an arm... and a wing... the space between her legs, lol- ah, well, wishful thinking in any case

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Well, do you really think Guts would have left the Misty Valley if his brand was still reacting to her? Besides, the images you posted above portray her death artistically, rather than show her corpse on an autopsy table with a big toe-tag strapped to her labeled: DECEASED.

The scene, visually and through Rochine's inner monologue, infers that she is dying. We can all respect that Miura chose not to show her body being eaten up by the vortex, right? We all "get it," right? :miura:

Walter said:
Well, do you really think Guts would have left the Misty Valley if his brand was still reacting to her? 

Well, he did get interrupted by Farnese and gang(and Jill) before he could coup de grâce

Walter said:
Besides, the images you posted above portray her death artistically, rather than show her corpse on an autopsy table with a big toe-tag strapped to her labeled: DECEASED.

I don't know about that, you could argue that it was just an artistic way to end the arc and that she may still be alive- but you're probably right, like I said, wishful thinking:p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Ewok said:
I don't know about that, you could argue...
What, that Guts is an elf because he has pointy ears? You can argue many things in light of other, more rational interpretations. However, with your reasoning, there's hope. Maybe Carcus and Judo are still alive, afterall?

It was a good ending. Please, let her have her peaceful death.

:carcus: :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ewok said:
we don't know for sure though, do we?

Yes, we do... There's no place for wishful thinking, she's just dead (and you know it). She'll never come back, get over it. Like Walter said, half the dead characters could still be alive with your reasoning.

Ewok said:
Well, he did get interrupted by Farnese and gang(and Jill) before he could coup de grâce

Zepec interrupted him to be exact.

Actually most of the Berserk universe is not made for wishful thinking, it´s simply not a place for the concepts of fair and unfair (why does it reminds me so much to my country ?).

At any rate, Rochine´s death was poetic in my opinion, showing her soul being devoured by the vortex would just have ruined the moment, she´s dead already so there´s no need of discussion in this point.

And well... about Theresia, dunno... I´m quite sure that we´ll be seeing her again, maybe she just was waiting to reunite enough power (monetary maybe) to make a move against her so hated Black Swordsman, it´s just another of these vague theories, but maybe she could end joining him on his crusade, or just forgiving what he did to his father by understanding his motives and seeing how much he had changed (regained humanity) in all this time.

Top Bottom