Episode 270

Judo

Midlands finest
i don't have much to say about this episode that hasn't already been pointed out.

first: thanx for the scans, aaz... you rule as always.

I wonder how Schierke will be able to join in the fight somehow when she's stuck inside the armor. 'Cause I don't think Guts will be able to do much against Daiba with just brute force.

On the other hand, we haven't seen any of Daibas magical abilities so far... except of floating and controlling pishacha.

thanks for the episode. It was more than amazing! I'm expecting some really unusual stuff in the next episode, and Schierke playing a big role in it.

but maybe that's a little bit too farfetched..

Again, thanks. :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
EDIT: Now maybe this is just ignorance....but how long,roughly, do u think it takes Miura do draw each episode? For instance, does he draw a few episodes and then relax and have them be released or is it a draw-release-draw-release type deal? Sorry if this question angers any of the big wigs 'round here.

how DARE you question miura!?
anyhoo, I suppose theres no way to know exactly how his process goes unless he's stated so in the past. But if its anything remotely similar to the industry over here, they're probably busting ass up till the deadline on an issue. I haven't really heard of too many instances on a series where they complete a bunch then space out their releases.
Basically, I'm not sure.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
On the other hand, we haven't seen any of Daibas magical abilities so far... except of floating and controlling pishacha.
Well, there's also the mysterious flow (appears to be shadow in "beast vision") that surrounds him on page 16. It could be a defense against physical attacks (or just the strings holding him up...), but we'll see how well it holds up against the DS :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Well, there's also the mysterious flow (appears to be shadow in "beast vision") that surrounds him on page 16. It could be a defense against physical attacks (or just the strings holding him up...), but we'll see how well it holds up against the DS :guts:

dunno, could just be a subtle attempt of clarity of vision in an otherwise ocean of blood and teeth ("beast vision" - I like that).

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
I think/hope it is not so bad as it seems. You can't say for sure how deep his two wounds(chest and back) really are. I believe he bleeds, because he was squashed in the mouth of the makara.
Besides i wonder what daiba thinks about. I personally don't want that guts kills daiba because in the long run he is not the real enemy. So i hope that somehow daiba is smart enough to let the group go and it comes only to a short battle in which guts is not forced to go to his limits. It's not so probable, i know...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
dunno, could just be a subtle attempt of clarity of vision in an otherwise ocean of blood and teeth ("beast vision" - I like that).
Ahh, that does actually make more sense with page 16. As if after she squints, she sees a different vision. Her first impression less genuine (or more astral) than the lower. Good call, I'm slow :judo:

Feanor said:
I believe he bleeds, because he was squashed in the mouth of the makara.
Or the lungs were pierced.

I personally don't want that guts kills daiba because in the long run he is not the real enemy.
Daiba sent a slew of Makara towards them, I'd say he's liable for at least a slap on the wrist for that.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Send he really the makara? For me they seem more like his bodyguards, because his ship is directly behind them. Hm... if you look at the amount of blood on the makara teeth it looks not so good:-(

Nice~ Thanks for the scans.
It's not smooth sailing for team Guts after all. More action & a new enemy? Hah, looks like Guts even became temporary food for a Makara. ;D

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Or the lungs were pierced.

well, thats the only thing I can think of that would make one spew blood (that and the compression of the jaws). If thats the case he doesn't have too much more in him. Not too much you can do with a collapsed lung, pain or no pain.

Anyway, why is everyone assuming the battle is over (TIME 4 BOAT TRIP)? I'd say the real fight just started. And things aren't exactly going that smoothly at the moment. The Band's one powerhouse now has a critical wound. Besides, this is only one end of Vritannis.

I don't think Guts will have such a huge impact on this battle. Sure he now has the Kushans attention, but I think this is going to focus more on Griffith (when he gets around to showing up).

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Guts or Shierke is responisble for Daiba's death.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
Aazealh, thanks for the episode
I think that every episode it's becoming more interesting.

Gatts taking on a magic user should proof to be interesting indeed. I'm sure the actions Gatts takes during this battle will reach the attention of many,though the true intentions was an escape route to get to a ship, he's ending up taking out a large portion of the siege attack in the process.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode Aazealh! Totally worth the wait (as always :guts:)! Even if Schierke is able to assist in some way with her magical abilities, she's a rather young witch and Daiba's a rather old (and I assume, more experienced) magic user. I know she has been devastating to the enemy so far and she's probably way more powerful than the average witch her age (if there are any around at this point, other than maybe at Elfhelm) due to Flora's teachings, but like Walter said, Daiba is an unknown at this point. The way Miura has built the tension up to Daiba's appearance, I wouldn't be surprised if they're severely outmatched magically. That and Guts is losing blood fast. Things are getting goooooood. :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
I don't think Guts will have such a huge impact on this battle. Sure he now has the Kushans attention, but I think this is going to focus more on Griffith (when he gets around to showing up).

Yeah, he certainly hasn't had much of an impact yet, he's literally killing everyone, but other guys are sure to kill more things later (if they actually show up); I think that if Griffith and Skull Knight and God Hand show up they could have a bigger impact. I don't think Guts is going to have much of an impact on the rest of the series; honestly, he's already breaking down and I think it's time we move on and stop focusing so much undue attention on him (it's about time we discover Isidro's true power, anyway). Overrated character, he's probably just going to be a dog from now on.

Anyway, you may be right, and I also hope Griffith shows up. =)

Actually, with all the setup since that guy Guts arrived in town (Hawk talk in the first episode, Schierke/Sonja vision, the Homing episode, the meeting with Owen and the Pope bit), I'd be surprised if the Hawks don't make an appearance.

who is this Daiba...sorry but can someone clarify, I cant remeber him being noteworthy until now...doesnt seem like a bigwig...one of ganishka's pawns?

peace

I'm wondering if the Pontiff will draw Daiba's attention away...otherwise I don't know how Guts will manage. Maybe he can take Daiba down, but Daiba looks pretty badass, and who knows, maybe he'll knock the Beast out of Guts. Even Azan can't save him now :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
but how long,roughly, do u think it takes Miura do draw each episode? For instance, does he draw a few episodes and then relax and have them be released or is it a draw-release-draw-release type deal?

He spends two weeks working on each episode, logically. He plans them all in advance (plot, progression of the story, dialogue, new characters, etc.) during his usual breaks, and works on drawing episodes individually on a two weeks basis (6 days a week). Nothing really unusual, but it takes a lot of work to make a series as refined and polished as Berserk. Miura doesn't draw 10 episodes in a month to then spend 5 months in boobieland paradise.

Oni Shinigami said:
I'm sure the actions Guts takes during this battle will reach the attention of many

Well, taking out Daiba is sure to draw Ganishka's attention, he should remember the guy with the big sword that was at the ball. I wonder if he'll sense the brand. :void:

Rhombaad said:
Even if Schierke is able to assist in some way with her magical abilities, she's a rather young witch and Daiba's a rather old (and I assume, more experienced) magic user.

Yeah, but Schierke was taught by Flora like you said, and Daiba on the other hand is pretty much ignorant about those "different people" (which he calls "primitive"). She recognized him for what he is, and meanwhile he's pondering about her magic and quite surprised finding out about Guts. Don't forget that he's most likely drawing his power from Ganishka, so while I'm sure he has a few tricks up his sleeve, I wouldn't underestimate Schierke's abilities and knowledge. A magic duel between the two would sure prove to be interesting, now like it has been said the question is what is Schierke going to be able to do while trapped inside of Guts.

prawnstyle said:
who is this Daiba...sorry but can someone clarify, I cant remeber him being noteworthy until now...doesnt seem like a bigwig...one of ganishka's pawns?

He's the general in command of the Kushan sea troops attacking Vritannis. The Pishacha and Makara that attacked the group on the beach were his men, that's when we first saw him. He's one of Ganishka's subordinates of course.

Mage said:
I'm wondering if the Pontiff will draw Daiba's attention away...otherwise I don't know how Guts will manage.

I don't think so, he's nowhere near the pier as far as we know, and I think Daiba's got his hands full for now. Let's not forget the evasive "general in the land" that's supposed to have advanced his troops by now, he's the one that should be the closest to the Pontiff (and the Hawks?).

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
How the hell could Guts survive being battered impaled and crushed by an animal that size? I find it hard to take seriously. You'd think the pressure alone would have caused all of Guts' organs to rupture, not to mention that his ribs, shoulders, maybe spine should have been crushed and mangled beyond recoignition. Considering how big those jaws are, it must take a tremendous amount of force to move them so much as an inch. All that force distributed onto a single point on Guts' torso..... all that fluid inside, with very few places to go.... anything left inside the armor would basically flow out like stewed tomatoes. Not to mention the slightest side to side motion would basically rip the armor in half like so much tin foil.

I know Guts has always taken more punishment than should be humanly possible in his fights, but this one seems beyond anything, and the battle with Daiba hasn't even begun.

I really appreaciate the sarcasm Griff. Keeps things interesting :guts:

But what I meant was that I just think that this would be an event with more of a Griffith centralization. We were teased with Mule's visit to that holy guy, as well as his vision of the Hawk. You just know he's coming.

Don't get me wrong, Guts will definitely have plenty of pannel time. Like I said, his presence to the Kushan is now known, and there's "almost" no doubt that his name and abilities will eventually reach Ganishka. But I feel that it's Griffith that's gonna take the spotlight during this event.

Though a confrontation between the two would be definitely awesome, even if it is just eye contact.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Don't get me wrong, Guts will definitely have plenty of pannel time.

Will? Guts has had, and still has plenty if not all of the panel time. His time as the star of the Vritannis show is running out: they've fought their way to the port (they're fleeing the place, remember), he's badly wounded and Daiba has appeared. I don't expect the group to stay in Vritannis for long once they're done with him. What Griffith meant is that so far, Guts is pretty much the one that had all of the impact. There isn't much doubt (none at all?) that the Hawks will intervene and that they'll be the focus when they do, but for now it isn't the case.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wereallmad said:
How the hell could Guts survive being battered impaled and crushed by an animal that size? I find it hard to take seriously. You'd think the pressure alone would have caused all of Guts' organs to rupture, not to mention that his ribs, shoulders, maybe spine should have been crushed and mangled beyond recoignition. Considering how big those jaws are, it must take a tremendous amount of force to move them so much as an inch. All that force distributed onto a single point on Guts' torso..... all that fluid inside, with very few places to go.... anything left inside the armor would basically flow out like stewed tomatoes. Not to mention the slightest side to side motion would basically rip the armor in half like so much tin foil.

Easy. Its magic armor! oooowooo!!
solves everything!
but that aside, he could be bleeding profusely incapable of breathing with blood filling the lungs with several broken bones, he's incapable of feeling it.

Wereallmad said:
I know Guts has always taken more punishment than should be humanly possible in his fights, but this one seems beyond anything, and the battle with Daiba hasn't even begun.

Thats why this is so interesting.

First off: Muchos gracias Aaz for the episode. You rock the cassbah.

Daiba's comment about Guts' berserk armor intrigues me: he seems familiar of the armor's od from his comment (Durga's Prana). It may just be he's just confusing the armor for something else he recognizes, but I'm hoping something new about the armor will be revealed next episode. Like how it exactly it sucked Schierke's soul/mind/spirit/etc. into it or if Schierke can somehow maniuplate the armor's magical properties into helping Guts get through this.

In episode 271, I hope we get feedback from Guts about what 's experiencing. I fear that he's going to lose some more things the Skull Knight warned after all the fighting he's done the entire night leading to the confrontation with Daiba...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Daiba's comment about Guts' berserk armor intrigues me: he seems familiar of the armor's od from his comment (Durga's Prana). It may just be he's just confusing the armor for something else he recognizes

Well, he seems quite surprised actually, but he's not confusing the armor with something else, just talking about it using different terms.

Jhot obs said:
I'm hoping something new about the armor will be revealed next episode. Like how it exactly it sucked Schierke's soul/mind/spirit/etc. into it or if Schierke can somehow maniuplate the armor's magical properties into helping Guts get through this.

Yeah, I think we should get at least a beginning of explanation, that promises to be interesting.

Top Bottom