AOW release: Guts & Daka

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be will be open for order on March 17 at 11:00 am (Japan time).

Guts is represented in one of his famous fighting pose, mimicking his look on the cover of volume 27. His frown seems really accentuated on the statue though. There will be a Daka statue included (Art of War writes it "Darka"... Which is of course an incorrect spelling), also in a typical Daka pose (see picture below), with weapon and armor. They colored the Daka green and his armor blue, with a yellow sash and a bright red eye on the shield. The skin color is in total contradiction with the official color so I'm not sure what to think...

Guts27.jpg
Daka02.jpg

The statue will come in a Normal and a Limited Edition. The normal edition won't feature the Daka statue and will sell for 25,000円 [$210]. The LE will be limited to 300 units (numbered of couse), and the price is set at 28,000円 [$235] (without the Japan-exclusive tax).

Size: 35cm (height), 17cm (width), 16cm (depth). The Daka itself will be 16cm tall.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It sounded promising until I read what the colors for the Daka will be. Gonna have to pass on this one, as I really can't afford it anyway. The price is pretty reasonable, though.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Berserk-KW said:
http://berserk.xrea.jp/mt/archives/2006/03/Artofwar20060311.html
Maiku said:
Okay well lots of Mixed feelings I'll keep it simple.....

simple, I like that:

daka's coloring :vomit: (its green)
another Guts statue :copout:
price :no surprise:

...we need more emoticons. :guts:

...oh, and yes, the statue looks awful.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Looking at those pictures, (and maybe they're too small to really tell) the face looks really weird from the front (I know, what's new). The leftmost picture on the second row looks like Guts' face is really wrinkled and old. The pose is a pretty neat idea though.

Berserk-KW said:
http://berserk.xrea.jp/mt/archives/2006/03/Artofwar20060311.html

now if only the pictures were bigger..

cant see the page, 403,
can someone upload the picture on imgshack etc ?

Hrmm I'm not sure wether I like this or not.
Another Guts statue I agree is very much: :schierke:
The choice on Daka's colouring is bit...odd. The pose looks ok, not to big on the face sculpt. I might wait for a slightly bigger picture before I decide. But I got too many exspensive things lined up already so I might have to pass on this more than likely.

The pose looks wicked imo, but the sculpt of his face totally ruins it imo. It makes him look like he's pushing 60 or something, or like he just sucked on a lemon.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well, I personally like the pose also, but I think the face is great except for that frown.. It's a similar expression to that of a kid whos told he can't go to a candy store :) I think if they made it a bit less-frowny, it'd be great.

Interested in seeing some good pics of the Daka, though.

I like the pose, sad to say it might be one i pick up when its released. I have so many Guts statues i dont know what to do with them anymore lol, but i do like them. My only complaint from what i can see is i dont care for the facial expression.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was bored this morning so I notified AOW of the Daka's name spelling and skin color through their enquiry form. I'll tell you guys if I get any reply, although I'm not expecting much.

Let's wait for more detailed photographies in a higher definition. We could be impressed.
I am always surprised of how long Art of War wait to show us decent pictures of their futur release in their site.

Honestly I like the pose from the waste up. His lower body looks very awkward. This would have been better as a bust.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Maiku said:
Honestly I like the pose from the waste up.  His lower body looks very awkward.  This would have been better as a bust.

I agree, the whole thing just looks unnatural.  A bust would've been much better.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Looking at the pictures on AOW's site, it looks really cool from the side and from the back. I'm still not diggin the face though.

Daka is still green...Here's what AOW says in the item description though...
"Darka is reproduced according to original work of Berserk Comics "

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It looks nice from the side yeah, but the frown is worse than I thought. I'm also jumping on the bust bandwagon, the original art was just from the waist up and it was perfectly fine. Ah well, keep trying guys, you'll get it right one day. :void: Anyway, let's hope that's their last Guts for a while, not counting the "Horse-Riding" re-release of course.

SMZKAH said:
Here's what AOW says in the item description though...
"Darka is reproduced according to original work of Berserk Comics "

I guess I might not be unrelated to that. Here's the reply I got from AOW today concerning my enquiry:

Dear Aazealh,

Thank you for your continued support to ART OF WAR.

Thank you for your comments and opinions to ART OF WAR on 16 March.

Thank you very much.

In reply to your enquiries we would like to answer you as follows.

ART OF WAR reproduces and manufactures items according to original image of Berserk Manga.

In regard to enquiry of different image, we are pleased to inform you that all items originated from ART OF WAR require final and formal approval from original writer, Mr. Kentarou Miura. And it is our honor to tell you that all items are highly appreciated by Mr. Kentarou Miura.

There are some different images on characters.

Regarding this point, ART OF WAR is to manufacture an item which could fully express the characteristics of the characters.

Thus there are different coloring setting during the process of item development and cultivation.

This is the purpose of expressing and demonstrating the main characteristics of characters, rather than just manufacturing at the same image as appearing in the Berserk Manga.

As mentioned before, ART OF WAR has acquired final and formal approval from Mr. Kentarou Miura that enables us to manufacture items at the best quality.

We are glad to hear your comments and opinions. This is also our motivation to strive for the best quality.

Should you have further queries please feel free to contact us any time.
We are looking forward to receiving your order in the near future.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR
Genni Syou

I used a smaller font because it's a bit heavy in line breaks. Anyway I'm glad they took the time to reply, but I honestly doubt what they're saying. I'm sure they get approval from someone at Hakusensha, but they used incorrect names for years and fixed them on their site whenever new information massively came in (anybody remembers the "befferits"?), and they've never been too keen on reproducing exact details from the manga (though they're great at mimicking the characters' poses). I also feel the message to be rather obscure and contradictory (basically they follow the manga but don't really follow it). Plus there isn't any official picture (or any picture at all) showing a green Daka, and years ago when Uriel sent them his coloring of Grunberd's apostle form (purple and green), they said they'd use his color scheme if they made a statue of it. So much for "fully expressing the characteristics of the characters".

In doubt I'll consider the possibility of there being different colors of Daka and AOW being in-the-know, but honestly that seems a bit far-fetched at the moment.

PS: Although it doesn't show because it's automatically corrected, the guy spelled "Kentarou" without the final 'u', while I had spelled it correctly myself. :SK:

Big surprise to see this statue hasn't sold out yet. :schierke:
I think people/fans are a little tired of the Guts overload. Face is a bit...odd. It seems to be common knowledge AoW cant really quite get faces well, but this one is pretty bad. I hope (after the Guts on Horse) we have a nice little vacation from Guts and Puck.

I agree 100% Maiku. I really think this one should have been a bust. Or maybe the 1/16 scale. Man if this was 1/16 scale, and the Guts: Kingdom of Falconia was 1/10 Id be really content lol.

Anyways, hope AoW shows some more pics.

PS: after looking at the AoW website..this and the Griffith are both shipping "June-July". Holy freaking crap I hope both are not shipping at the same time. I don't think I can afford both. :judo:

Man I might have to cancel "crapped in my coffee" Mr Frowny Face himself...Guts and Daka.

I skipped on this one, doesnt do it for me. If it was a bust I prob would of gotten it, otherwise the lower body just looks awkward.

well, i broke down and went ahead and pre ordered it lol. Im a sucker for it i guess i just a big Guts fan, yes they have alot of statues of him out but this one even though i do aggree on the frown with you all just has an appeal to me. Anyways lets hope they start dropping some statues that arent of Guts now.

Top Bottom