MAXIMUM BERSERK

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I know that many of you will not care, but just to have some of you turn greener than the Hulk ;D :p

MAXIMUM BERSERK

The next month the Italian Publisher of Berserk : Panini Comics, a former propriety of Marvel Comics, will launch Maximum Berserk.
That will be the montly reprint of Berserk (starting with issue one)in giant size format ( 18X26 ) with more than 300 pages ( that is a tankobon and half- the first issue will reprint enterily the first tankobon and half the second) and it will have the same way of reading of the original Japanese issues, that is the pages will not be mirroed (You will read it from right to left , from the last page to the first). Eat your heart out Jet comics and Dark Horse :p

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
interesting... any webs that we could get this from? and are they translated to english also??? :-\

roberto999

For now there is nothing.However so soon as I will know something new, I will post it here. I fear that it will never be translated in English (but you can never say) and you should rely on third part translations like those that we have here , at the Skully.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
akikaze said:
Have you forgot about the Dark Horse Issue, which is up to volume 3 (?) now?
The Italian re-publication is still bigger though. And I thought "bigger is better" was the American way, not the Italian way?

roberto999

You would be surprised if you knew like "the Italian Way" likes to copy "the American Way". There are even Italians that believe that Captain America is their national hero ;D ;D ;D

roberto999

This is the cover of the monster:

3494.jpg

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Haha, gotta love Italians and their crazy...uh...wait, what was I saying? Now I'm determined to buy this on my trip to Italy.

Am I the only one who thinks that this choise of colors is...bah, I can't find any fitting words to describe it. I went to the Site of the Publisher and found this:
min_bercol1_i.jpg

The Image they used is...okay, but that design...it hurts my eyeyes.
Yet I'm jealous, their prices are sooo low. :'(

roberto999

akikaze said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this choise of colors is...bah, I can't find any fitting words to describe it. I went to the Site of the Publisher and found this:
min_bercol1_i.jpg

The Image they used is...okay, but that design...it hurts my eyeyes.
Yet I'm jealous, their prices are sooo low. :'(
If you want to see a cover that really sucked look below:
The cover of Berserk n. 50
3206.jpg

roberto999

Renegade said:
Why is the Italian cover art different from the Japanese?
That is the first italian edition of Berserk: Since the book has half the number of pages than the original japanese one there are not enough original covers for them all. So one issue they use the original cover , the next a Miura drawing taken either from the bw pages of the issue or some other source: However they are always original drawings by Miura , at least so far.

roberto999

You can find the last issues of the first series and Berserk Collection in the newstands and in the comics books shops. Since Berserk Collection had many reprints you can find the back issues easily in the comics books shops. Maximum Berserk is due for next month but it will be sold only in the comics books shops

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Whoa, 18x26!? Are you talking inches? That's HUEG! I might have to get those just from an art standpoint. Roberto, can you update us on things such as print quality and whatnot as it develops. And then possibly send me issues? ;D ;D ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Great, now I have to buy the original Japanese editions, the U.S. Editions, and now these huge ass editions. NEED MONEY!

roberto999

Griffith said:
Whoa, 18x26!? Are you talking inches? That's HUEG! I might have to get those just from an art standpoint. Roberto, can you update us on things such as print quality and whatnot as it develops. And then possibly send me issues? ;D ;D ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Great, now I have to buy the original Japanese editions, the U.S. Editions, and now these huge ass editions. NEED MONEY!
No we don't use inches in Italy. We use cm.. Don't worry is huge the same.Well not so much like if it was inches but huge ;D
Of course I will keep you updated.

EDIT.
I have done some math :
cm 18X cm26 = inches 7 X inches 10.1

( if I am not wrong)

Top Bottom