What are you reading?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Crime & Punishment. Very interesting and compelling story, had me riveted till the end

I know it was posted a while ago but Crime and Punishment is one of my favorite books. Anything from Dostoevsky is great and if you liked CaP I would highly reccomend Notes From THe Underground.. I'm currently going through a little Bukowski stage. I just finished Women and I'm about to start Ham On Rye. Can't wait!

S

smoke

Oburi said:
I know it was posted a while ago but Crime and Punishment is one of my favorite books. Anything from Dostoevsky is great and if you liked CaP I would highly reccomend Notes From THe Underground.. I'm currently going through a little Bukowski stage. I just finished Women and I'm about to start Ham On Rye. Can't wait!

Bukowski is my favorite writer at the moment.

I reccomend * looks at bookshelf* Bone Palace Ballet and Slouching Toward Nirvana.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
watchmen-cover.jpg

I'm reading WATCHMEN again in mock-anticipation of the upcoming film. And it's up there in my own personal top 10 of best written works. Why aren't you reading it?​

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've only read Watchmen once, and have coincidentally started rereading it as well (well, not much of a coincidence, since we're both reading it now on account of the movie), and I'll probably be rereading it over and over up until the movie comes out, it's rich enough that this is necessary anyway just for my appreciation of the book. Then again, maybe I don't want to appreciate it any more deeply, every subsequent read through will likely make the movie proportionally less enjoyable. =)

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
If the Watchmens any good I'll make time for it, right now I'm just rereading Split Infinity by Piers Anthony.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Been continuously working on my Manga story/characters/dialog so I've been trying to go back and re-read some favorites. Lovecraft of course, I could read that all day long, both "I, Strahd" books, as well as some of those How to Draw Manga books so I can force myself to sit down and attempt to draw rough sketches of the different characters, at least to have something as a reference.

i'll throw in:
14399871.JPG

just beautifully written and surprisingly easy to follow and understand.

i've also been reading quite a number of online film publications, anywhere from senses of cinema, sight & sound, film quarterly, moving image source, and midnight eye.

Okin said:
Umm...Albert Camus's the Stranger? I feel so out of place.

Nah you shouldn't, I think Swan's Way and Crime and Punishment (I only read this page) belong in the same category of great books as the stranger. If you like Camus's and haven't read The Fall and The Plague I recommend them as well as Sartre's Nausea ( I felt Roquentin and Mersault shared allot in common).

I read The Stranger just before picking up Swann's Way. I don't know why you'd feel so out of place reading that.

In related news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8rhIw_9ucA

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just started reading Watchmen as well. I only just finished chapter II but I'm completely hooked, loving every panel, every word of it. Great stuff!

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
I recently started reading The Guin Saga, I'm on book three now, i don't read books many books, so I was really surprised by how much I like it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skorne said:
Has anyone read the twighlight series? I just finished the first one, what about you all?

Haven't read it. I'm reading Paul Auster's New York Trilogy at the moment.

the last 2 books i read were Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End(great read! would make for a great manga/anime) and Patricia Cornwell's Case Closed: Jack the Ripper(very interesting leads/theory on his i.d.). i'm reading another one, though its been a while, and i can't remember the title. i'll have to pick it back up and let you all know what it is. i know it deals w/the origin of religion(i.e; mother earth), and how new religions sprouted from that.

Top Bottom