The white hair

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
Does Guts' new hair symbolize that he is becoming evil? Griffith is the white hawk, and Guts is the black swordsman. Now Guts' hair is turning white. (His hair is proven to be black in the anime and other drawings, and you can't be the black swordsman with a white piece of hair sticking out the front)

His new armor took on the shape of the beast. Does this mean that the armor draws out the beast that is inside him? If he fights too much with the armor will he give into the desires of the beast (kill everyone)?

He has been set up in a position similar to Griffiths in the Band of the Hawk. He leads a group that he didn't choose except for one person (Casca). He has a goal that he will most likely sacrifice anything to achieve (kill Griffith). Would Guts really care if the rest of the group was killed?

Is the skull knight good? We don't really know his motives. All we know is he kills demons to gain power, and opposes the God Hand. He only interferes to save Guts. What does he want with Guts? He is friends with the witch lady, but we don't know much about their relationship. Is he good or is he evil fighting for power over evil?

These are just my personal speculations/debates. We must always be prepared for a twisted sense of good and evil in Berserk. We must also realize that it wouldn't take many chapters to kill everyone Guts cares about.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm going to get out my red pen for this one.

Dorkwadd said:
Does Guts' new hair symbolize that he is becoming evil? Griffith is the white hawk, and Guts is the black swordsman. Now Guts' hair is turning white. (His hair is proven to be black in the anime and other drawings, and you can't be the black swordsman with a white piece of hair sticking out the front)

No

Dorkwadd said:
His new armor took on the shape of the beast. Does this mean that the armor draws out the beast that is inside him? If he fights too much with the armor will he give into the desires of the beast (kill everyone)?.

No shit

Dorkwadd said:
He has been set up in a position similar to Griffiths in the Band of the Hawk. He leads a group that he didn't choose except for one person (Casca). He has a goal that he will most likely sacrifice anything to achieve (kill Griffith). Would Guts really care if the rest of the group was killed?)

Wrong

Dorkwadd said:
Is the skull knight good? We don't really know his motives. All we know is he kills demons to gain power, and opposes the God Hand. He only interferes to save Guts. What does he want with Guts? He is friends with the witch lady, but we don't know much about their relationship. Is he good or is he evil fighting for power over evil?

No

Dorkwadd said:
These are just my personal speculations/debates. We must always be prepared for a twisted sense of good and evil in Berserk. We must also realize that it wouldn't take many chapters to kill everyone Guts cares about.

F

-Mr. Griffith

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
Griffith:

No

He may not be becoming evil, but the black swordsman should not have that white patch.

No shit

The point I was trying to make was will Guts go berserk and kill "innocent" people?

Wrong

What part of this do you find wrong? Explain yourself better.

No

How evil did Griffith seem before the eclipse? If there is a chapter that admits the skull knights goals, please, feel free to mention it. It is a complicated story and I may have forgotten something.

You remind me of a teacher I had once that tore all my arguments to pieces not by disproving me but by relying(sp?) on simple phrases that made no sense, and gave no argument. It was a cowardly way to lower the classes opinion of me. You probably aren't that evil, but just so tired of having to listen to the stupid newbs theories that you don't give a thorough reply.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Honestly, your perceptions of the series are so trite and cockeyed to begin with I wouldn’t know how to “disprove” the conclusions you draw from them, other than to flat out tell you that you’re way off base and should start over. Pointing these instances out line by line would be a huge waste of my time. You probably wouldn’t accept what I would tell you anyway. Considering you don’t understand that it is you that lowers peoples’ opinion of your character by posting a bunch of tired misinformation, half truths and half baked theories. Furthermore, you should have considered already that the problem lies with you and that your teacher, your class, and myself aren’t simply attacking you because we’re cowardly bullies that can’t stand up to your fine ideas. We’re simply variable witnesses to your apparently constant obtuse nature.

-Griffith

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Good, I find that all we have that to respect the opinions of the others and not to enter in conflict to know who is better of the one than who, after all of accounts that is a room of debates!

In my humble opinion, I do not find that Gatts is a demon or that comes if to only become one for cause of that white hair that did not combine nor a little with he . I liked them changes, of the new armor and all more, but I did not find that he is the black swordsman still! The new armor and mainly that helmet stole very of your personality, it it did not pronounce no word and not even we could see yours expressions face. I know that these conclusions can be wrong, after all the Gatts used the new armor now and nor we know which your Real to able! On skullknight for me he still continues mysterious, but with certainty it is not helping Gatts why he wants! :)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Nadiaska said:
Good, I find that all we have that to respect the opinions of the others and not to enter in conflict to know who is better of the one than who, after all of accounts that is a room of debates!

In my humble opinion, I do not find that Gatts is a demon or that comes if to only become one for cause of that white hair that did not combine nor a little with he . I liked them changes, of the new armor and all more, but I did not find that he is the black swordsman still! The new armor and mainly that helmet stole very of your personality, it it did not pronounce no word and not even we could see yours expressions face. I know that these conclusions can be wrong, after all the Gatts used the new armor now and nor we know which your Real to able! On skullknight for me he still continues mysterious, but with certainty it is not helping Gatts why he wants! :)
I still and always love your way to express yourself. :)
Guil

Nadiaska said:
In my humble opinion, I do not find that Gatts is a demon or that comes if to only become one for cause of that white hair that did not combine nor a little with he .

Pardon me, but isnt this becoming like one of the thread "Is Gatt already an apostle?"

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
Alot of my theories are inspired by volume 16. Guts has a conversation with the beast. It tells him that he will eventually give into his evil side. The beast will "eat" him and take his shape. It tried to convince him to use a behelit.

It is odd that now his armor is in the shape of the beast. If he gives into his berserker nature then will the beast win over Guts?

ps I think he is not an apostle.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
the best is more of a symboite, it lives WITH him, i don't think it's trying to take him over, *cough* remember spiderman when he got the venom suit? how his personality changed and he went for everything he wanted, think of it like that, the beast incourages gutts to ditch everyone because it knows they slow him down and make him weak, the beast wants him to survive and kill griffith...thats how it works..

Actually come and think of it, if Guts should have white hair, he should have a small patch after the eclipse, considering the amount of anger and stress in him during that time...

Smith said:
Actually come and think of it, if Guts should have white hair, he should have a small patch after the eclipse, considering the amount of anger and stress in him during that time...

Or maybe he should have been born with white hair, considering is birth was quite stressfull, too ...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Smith said:
That was far more emotional then phisical stress. The emotional stress did have a manifistation. Its commonly refered to as The Beast ;D

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Sorry for beating a dead horse, but schizophrenia is a good way of explaining what the beast is... And is often the after effect of a event so much horrible that you can't accept it. What happened recently is more physical than anything else, as pointed out by majin tenshi.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I'm a psych major ;)

errr... not if you are referring to schizophrenia as multiple personality disorder. Then it is actually a poor explanation. MPD almost always comes about at a young age (3-7/8)(as in, I cannot think of a case where this does not happen), and the other personalities subsume functions of the base personality, and do not communicate with the original personality. In this case, Guts would be UNABLE to be angry, as the Beast would have taken all his anger, and Guts would not be aware of the beast, only that he has gaps in his memory. It takes quite a bit of therapy before the various bits can communicate (usually).

If you are referring to schizophrenia as ACTUAL schizophrenia, (and not the common cultural idea which is actually MPD), then it COULD fit, Guts hallucinating and the Beast telling him what to do. That would put Guts on par with killers like "Son of Sam" though.

guts' new white hair

im not sure, but i think after guts got the berserker armor, he came out with white hair. is that due to the effects of the armor, (losing taste, vision, ect?) if it has been answered before im sorry i couldnt find it in the search "white hair"

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Kart said:
uh, in short you're grasphing at straws and you have no idea what Guts personality is.
Well I know alot about Guts' personality. He is a tender loving sweet guy under a hard buff and tough exterior. He's afraid to let anyone too close because he doesn't want to be hurt like he has been every time, but if he would just let Schierke do her magic, they'd be happy for like, a thousand years.

Also; Kart. Your avatar reminds me of the kid from Family Circus, mixed with Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
Also; Kart. Your avatar reminds me of the kid from Family Circus, mixed with Guts.

Hey! You know what? The post you just replied to was written in 2003.

Top Bottom