Fighting the Neo-Hawks

Just wandering how would Guts be able to get trough to Griffith now, with all those Apostles standing in the way. I mean would he need an army of his own or try to pick them off one by one? Or would he abandon the idea of revenge alltogether.
If a topic has been duplicated pls redirect, I've tried searching but maybe missed something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
I mean would he need an army of his own or try to pick them off one by one? Or would he abandon the idea of revenge alltogether.

I doubt Guts will abandon the idea of revenge, or rather I doubt he'll leave Griffith and the rest of the God Hand alone. Whatever the reason, he'll have to oppose them or otherwise the story is going to end prematurely and probably unsatisfactorily as well. Now I don't think he'll gather an army either, and anyway what army could possibly beat one composed of apostles? We'll see how Ganishka is going to fare against it with his magic and his monsters, but I'm pretty sure he'll eventually fail (although he might destroy enough apostles in the process to bring an unexpected solution to this problem).

It's of course impossible to answer your question with certainty but I think Guts will stick to his small band of friends. How will he get passed all these monsters? I don't believe we can figure it out for now, but let's not forget that he won't necessarily have to kill them all to reach his goal (whatever it will be).

vlad said:
If a topic has been duplicated pls redirect, I've tried searching but maybe missed something.

Well it's all been speculated on in the past, but not exactly in the way you're putting it, so it's fine I guess.

Of course that at this point no such force is in sight but if there was, I'd base my strategy on air superiority :puck: (just imagine a bunch of fairy bombers diving in). But the way all of Guts's new family is developing I'm hoping there'd be some one on one's (wild theory: Shierke v. Locus; flame v metall but no sooner than vol. 50)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
just imagine a bunch of fairy bombers diving in

Haha well, that sounds a bit unlikely in terms of effectivity. :SK:

vlad said:
But the way all of Guts's new family is developing I'm hoping there'd be some one on one's (wild theory: Schierke v. Locus; flame v metall but no sooner than vol. 50)

That's possible of course, although I don't think we'll ever see a Schierke vs Locus duel for example, a fight against an opponent of that calibre would probably involve more people.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
How far do you think we've gotten in the storyline? Has Miura made any comments as to how much longer he'll be writing Berserk?

S

smoke

I don't think Guts will end up fighting each apostle one by one, that would be rather DBZ-esque and gay.

I'm thinking Griffith and Guts will meet again on some big battlefield, probably in the middle of a Kushan/NeoHawk engagement. Possibly quite soon! :-o

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
smoke said:
I don't think Guts will end up fighting each apostle one by one, that would be rather DBZ-esque and gay.

I'm thinking Griffith and Guts will meet again on some big battlefield, probably in the middle of a Kushan/NeoHawk engagement. Possibly quite soon! :-o

Yea, Guts won't be fighting each and every single one, but I can definantely see him fighting the big 4, especially Grunbeld, as that got halted off. I think Zodd however, will be killed by :SK: and not Guts, who knows though, Miura could definantely pull something unexpected in regards to the neo-hawks(as I don't think a band of apostles would be too cohesive, it's mostly out of loyalty/fear of Griffith I believe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
How far do you think we've gotten in the storyline? Has Miura made any comments as to how much longer he'll be writing Berserk?

I don't think we're halfway yet. I believe Elfhelm will be one of the biggest turning point of the story, setting it into its "final course". Miura often commented on how he didn't think Berserk would be a long series at first, but he never gave an estimation of when he thought it'd end or anything like that.

smoke said:

That would most importantly take too long, be redundant and also sort of uninteresting. Guts killed quite a lot of lesser apostles during the battle at Flora's mansion, if he had to kill 500 such monsters individually it'd quickly turn into a borefest. It's really not very probable no matter how you look at it. However like Black_Devil said I think he'll still face a fair amount of meaningful enemies before the story's conclusion.

smoke said:
I'm thinking Griffith and Guts will meet again on some big battlefield, probably in the middle of a Kushan/NeoHawk engagement. Possibly quite soon!

Well on the other hand I doubt that. :guts:

Elfhelm will surely be a turning point in the story, hopefully Guts will be released from some of the burden he's carrying, I mean it's clear from the storyline so far that he's yet to reach his full potential, and when that happens - oh my oh my :beast:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
For some reason, even in respect to her condition, I'm not caring too much for Casca at the moment. I don't care if they live her there in elfhelm or whatever, or if the group decides not to restore her. One thing I'm curious to know is that if the Elf King could *maybe* restore Guts' right eye, considering the uber healing powers he must have...if he could fix banana Casca, surely he could restore Guts' eye. :guts

OT edit: Also, even if Caska is restored, what in the blue hell is she gonna do against the neo-hawks? Atleast the rest of the group has some kind of means of fighting apostles(even Farnese if her magic develops enough) She may have been able to watch Guts' back before, but that was 2+ years ago iirc, and a lot has changed.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
This is just a wild speculation, but perhaps the Elf King can only heal mental wounds and not physical? Or only slight physical wounds and not something as drastic as a blinded eye. Nothing really to support that, but it may be a possibility.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
One thing I'm curious to know is that if the Elf King could *maybe* restore Guts' right eye, considering the uber healing powers he must have...if he could fix banana Casca, surely he could restore Guts' eye.

Yeah, Casca is unimportant, but Guts' eye man! Now that's a top priority! Maybe his forearm could regrow too? That'd be AWESOME! :schierke:

Black_Devil said:
Also, even if Casca is restored, what in the blue hell is she gonna do against the neo-hawks?

Being an expert fighter, some magical equipment should be enough for her to prove very useful to the group. Anyway, you're already assuming she'll be willing to oppose the Neo Hawks, which is everything but sure. And in all honesty, except for Guts and Schierke the group isn't exactly well prepared to fight apostles right now.

IsolatioN said:
This is just a wild speculation, but perhaps the Elf King can only heal mental wounds and not physical? Or only slight physical wounds and not something as drastic as a blinded eye.

Well, I also expect him to cure Guts' wounds for good so he can finally get a full rest, so I don't think his powers will be limited to "mental" stuff (especially since normal elves like Puck and Ivalera can cure physical wounds). But yeah, I don't think he'll revive his eye or anything like that. Healing flesh is different from recreating it, and it probably has its limits (e.g. wounds that have already healed naturally, like Guts' eye).

>_<

I wonder if Caska would join up with Griffith or stay with Guts
I mean she had a interesting reaction to seeing Griffith on the Hill of Swords.
The arm and eye don't really matter because Guts adapts quite easily. I'm more curious about the beast, if the Elf King can help Caska mentally, will he notice that Guts is mentally troubled as well?
.. If Caska does end up joining Griffith, she could possibly take the behelit from guts. Her betrayal would be a interesting twist in the story.

did I just ramble :(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
she had a interesting reaction to seeing Griffith on the Hill of Swords.

Well she was most probably reacting to her child and not to Griffith himself, so I'm not sure that will play a role in the future.

Ramen4ever said:
if the Elf King can help Casca mentally, will he notice that Guts is mentally troubled as well?

I think he will. Now whether he will help Guts with it or not is another story.

Ramen4ever said:
If Casca does end up joining Griffith, she could possibly take the Beherit from guts.

But what for? She doesn't even know what beherits do.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
jesus Aaz is outright brutal at times. Bah, Well I'm not gonna buckle down infront of harshness, but I seriously doubt Casca can really bring that much to the group that others(like Serpico) can fill twice over. I'm not saying she's unimportant storyline wise, but I doubt think she'd affect the group too much(with the obvious exception of Guts) and as you yourself said Aaz, there's no guarantee that she'll even be willing to fight the Neo-Hawks

And about the eye thing, if he's the so-called king of elves, I wouldn't put it past him. I don't care about his forearm, I think he's much more efficient with the fake arm, he doesn't have anything to cope for his eye though(unless you count heightened hearing, I guess) Just wishful thinking in the end though. I never said it was a top priority, it isn't.

EDIT: Ok I yield people, rather edit than make another post. Just one last thing Yota, before you mock me, consider this

"What you want, may not be what she wants."

Aaz was hardly 'brutal' at all, he just stated the obvious. Casca may even be on par with Serpico in terms of fighting skills(although she may be a little rusty at this point). And you implied she was unimportant when you said:

Black_Devil said:
For some reason, even in respect to her condition, I'm not caring too much for Casca at the moment. I don't care if they leave her there in elfhelm or whatever, or if the group decides not to restore her.

'If the group decides not to restore her' ? XD

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
but I seriously doubt Casca can really bring that much to the group that others(like Serpico)

Bring what to the group? Extra fighting power? Lets say if Casca was healed and was going to help out Guts, she is a skilled fighter and I'm sure with some practice (like yota821 said she is most likely rusty at this point) she could pull much more then her own weight. Right now she is useless in the field of combat, yes, but is in my opinion extremely vital to the group because it's just another thing that helps to really motivate Guts to continue the journey to Elfhelm to restore both his own and the wounds of his loved one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
I seriously doubt Casca can really bring that much to the group that others(like Serpico) can fill twice over. I'm not saying she's unimportant storyline wise, but I doubt think she'd affect the group too much

Well, you can't really know that (and neither do we), can you? I mean, I'm pretty sure you thought Farnese was useless until the recent volumes, am I right? And what is Serpico without his equipment? A skilled swordsman and a fine tactician, but that isn't enough to kill an apostle, or even fight him decently. Hell, that's not even enough to kill a Kelpie. The characters in the group were all developed a lot recently, and they progressed in terms of fighting skills. Casca didn't evolve because of her condition, but nothing prevents her from doing so later on. Furthermore, she was already a veteran fighter, top-notch army commander before the Occultation, so these things won't be totally lost. And even if she's just on par or slightly below Serpico once magically equipped (total speculation here), she'll still be a valuable asset. Isidro has proved very helpful and yet he isn't able to take down as many enemies as Serpico, so you're not making much of a point here.

As for affecting the group in terms of storyline, don't forget that Guts originally just let these people join him so Casca could be protected more efficiently. They've been journeying to Elfhelm for her and nobody else, and Farnese, Isidro and Schierke all invested themselves a lot for her (I'm sure Serpico feels for her too). I think it's a big deal for all of them.

Black_Devil said:
as you yourself said Aaz, there's no guarantee that she'll even be willing to fight the Neo-Hawks

Yeah, but that's not proving your point.

Black_Devil said:
And about the eye thing, if he's the so-called king of elves, I wouldn't put it past him.

Why so-called? He's the king, that's it. Nobody's challenging his position. Anyway, it's not a question of what he can and can't do, it's about whether it'd make sense in terms of story continuity and character development for Guts. What would getting his eye back do for him? Would it be meaningful? Credible? And what about the classic, iconic representation of a one-eyed Guts?

Black_Devil said:
I don't care about his forearm, I think he's much more efficient with the fake arm, he doesn't have anything to cope for his eye though(unless you count heightened hearing, I guess)

His missing eye didn't seem to bother him much so far. If you don't care about his lost forearm, you don't really have a reason to care about the eye either based on this observation. Passed that it's just a matter of personal preference.

Once Casca is restored, the main issue would be her relationship with Guts, I mean remembering and interpreting things that have happened betwen the two of them during her, well, condition. How this would be resolved, and the implications it would yield is a tough call, especially when you throw in the fact that she obviously sees her child (or some remnants of it) in Griffith.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vlad said:
Once Casca is restored, the main issue would be her relationship with Guts, I mean remembering and interpreting things that have happened betwen the two of them during her, well, condition.

Yeah. Anyway that's not really the topic here, let's try to reorient it on "fighting the Neo-Hawks" if you don't mind. We've got a handful of Casca related threads already. :guts:

Back to the topic it is.
I perceive the storyline to have three possible (not cross-canceling) paths:
1. Guts&Co. get some new (and powerfull) allies
2. The Co. get to the point were they can take on an apostle (not perhaps the major ones like Locus, Grunberd etc.)
3. Guts himself powering-up (no I don't mean like dgz, more like in terms of being able to use the armor without loosing himself in it)
A 2+3 combo is looking both hopeful and the most likely given the current development.
Anyway this' just me - thoughts anyone?

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
vlad said:
Back to the topic it is.
2. The Co. get to the point were they can take on an apostle (not perhaps the major ones like Locus, Grunberd etc.)
3. Guts himself powering-up (no I don't mean like dgz, more like in terms of being able to use the armor without loosing himself in it)
A 2+3 combo is looking both hopeful and the most likely given the current development.

1. It'd have to be someone of the supernatural realm, or some super-powered entity, since no regular humans can challenge Griffith (Skull Knight's "tale" metaphor)

2. The band(with the aid of the magic items, and their developing skills) are able to, but I'd save grunbeld for guts, and maybe the other 2 for someone else, as I don't think Serp/Isidro/Farn/Cas could take them on irregardless. Not gonna rule them out though, bu atm, not yet.

3.Yea, hopefully we can get more info on what's happening in 272/273, such as how they got bonded and what it could bring, as Guts still isn't able to completely hold the Beast back on his own yet.

vlad said:
Back to the topic it is.

Azan will surely come into it eventually, and is likely to be a regular member. After how much the story has changed since Volume 1 who could rule out the possibility of other characters joining, but at this rate it won't be for a long while.

Aside the Eclipse, it seems to be since Guts has formed a group is when the crappier Apostles have come into the story, at least in comparison to the Snake Baron, The Count, Zodd, Wyald etc.
I think a part of the reason is for them is provide more of a challenge for Serpico and Isidro as the story progresses, instead of just sitting back and watching Guts in Awe. Serpico would likely be ready to battle several average Apostles already.
At this rate Farnese practical use in sorcery may not happen for a while, but surely eventually and two magic users will be very dangerous to Griffith. As Skully said, a Magic user can be more dangerous than an army of 10,000.

Aside Guts constantly develop through the story "naturally", seeing his first unnatural power Jump was when he received the Armour. I would like to see another supernatural element eventually come into place where he can develop further beyond human abilities, and the introduction of Elfhelm would of course be a good excuse for it.
Since the Armour coming into place took 26 volumes though, I'm not holding my breath for anything like it coming along any time soon. Still, the journey to Elfhelm is likley to have rewards...

It seems likely that smaller power jumps already related to the armour will continue in the near future. As you said Guts having stronger control over the armour, or even fighting in the Armour at full health. Guts hasn't had the chance to do so, and I think Miura has likely intentionally put that off so when he finally does have his wounds heal (etheral and otherwise) he will be on another level.

When that happens alongside the rest of the group further developing, fighting Neo Hawks will be much more plausable.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
It would be interesting to see Locus now have a crack at Guts and company. As for who if Azan shows up and joins Guts band one of these days then yes i would love to see those to go at it. I like the fact Neo Hawks have a gruding respect for Guts. It might be possible that their loyalty for Griffith could waver b/c Guts is just one cool bad azz. On the otherhand that's just wishful thinking.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
xbigvmanx said:
It would be interesting to see Locus now have a crack at Guts and company. As for who if Azan shows up and joins Guts band one of these days then yes i would love to see those to go at it. I like the fact Neo Hawks have a gruding respect for Guts. It might be possible that their loyalty for Griffith could waver b/c Guts is just one cool bad azz. On the otherhand that's just wishful thinking.

That respect is only limited to certain apostles like Zodd/Grunbeld. Guts is really more "notorious" than he is "famous", Griffith brushes him off completely. :chomp:

Top Bottom