god hand

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i was wondering wether the god hand, consisting of Slann, Conrad, Ubik and Void were representing some human (evil) characteristics.
I mean... gosh that's difficult to explain for me... but that's something I feel when I look at them.

does anyone know what I mean?     :-/

I mean, Void reminds me of someone who uses his extraordinary intelligence to realize his evil plans...
Ubik seems to me like some hypocrit grinning guy who pretends to be your friend, but plans something else
Conrad looks like what I call the prototype of a liar...
And Slann... forces her target in a trap with her very sexy appearance.
(i guess we've all experienced that   ;) )

well perhaps someone gets my point on this...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This topic was moved from 'Shootin the Breeze' to 'Berserk-related yet still Miscellaneous'

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
oh god, that's so awkward... :-[

the only reply i got was walter's that he moved the post to another section... :-[ :-[ :-[

in case noone got my point:
i was just saying that the godhand could be some kind of symbol for the "evil coming out of human".

In choosing to become a godhand member, they're doomed... they're lost, although they seem pretty mighty right now...
i am including griffith into this as well...

now come on gimme something ;)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
ok, it may be so...
but i just dislocated my shoulder....
i can't write ...
this sucks...now it's reasonable gattsu got busted by iron chain messed up like that

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
In choosing to become a godhand member, they're doomed... they're lost, although they seem pretty mighty right now...
i am including griffith into this as well...

You mean, like, by choosing the path of evil, the god-hand member's eternal souls are destined for hell in the end?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
You mean, like, by choosing the path of evil, the god-hand member's eternal souls are destined for hell in the end?

I was just saying that there's gonna be a point in the series where there existence - as we know it now - stops. Triggered by a power which they can't match up with, perhaps...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
...does anyone know what I mean?    
Well I think ican say that i feel the same way about that.
But i think there is even more behind cause in real life these kind of people u mentioned are not that deep!
Apart from that such people often seem to be very egoistic individuals but however godhand is a community of these personalities.
realized that my mind is kind of confused.yet,can u get a little message or meaning out of my writing?? :p :p :p

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well I think ican say that i feel the same way about that.
But i think there is even more behind cause in real life these kind of people u mentioned are not that deep!
Apart from that such people often seem to be very egoistic individuals but however godhand is a community of these personalities.
realized that my mind is kind of confused.yet,can u get a little message or meaning out of my writing?? :p :p :p

Finally!!! Someone who got my point. :D 8) :'( :-*
And I thought my post was completly absurd, baffling and out of all reason. thank you.
it's appreciated! :D

maximus

Finally!!! Someone who got my point.  :D 8) :'(          :-*
And I thought my post was completly absurd, baffling and out of all reason. thank you.
it's appreciated!    :D
Just had some concentration problems when i thought about godhand.
still i don t know how to explain my thoughts but i let u know when i am ready.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just had some concentration problems when i thought about godhand.
still i don t know how to explain my thoughts but i let u know when i am ready.
Werent you just talking about how Berserk should only be accessible to "non stupid people"? Hmm...lets see.
u might be right but however i do not like the imagination that some ugly idiot gets in touch with things that are important for me.Maybe he won t understand them but i just don t really like it.
know what i mean?
Yeah that just about sums it up. Dont think im picking on you because I dont like you. Im picking on you because your a pompous bastard.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Werent you just talking about how Berserk should only be accessible to "non stupid people"?
First of all I have to say that I got some headache as well, thinking about my own post.
and... just take a look on what happened to White_Hawk above. ;)
by the way: concentration has nothing to do with savvy.

Hmm...lets see.
Yeah that just about sums it up. Dont think im picking on you because I dont like you. Im picking on you because your a pompous bastard.
Well, you're right. That was a bit pompous. But I recall myself being pissed as well when I read some posts like "What is the modern equivalent of Guts Sword."
I was really touched by berserk, it means a lot to me. This is why I just can't understand the purpose of a thread like the one I just mentioned.
this is why i can understand maximus reaction very well.

another thing:
I've also seen some posts of you, walter, that seemed to be a bit pompous. i, personally, don't think that it makes a difference wether you're an admin or a newbie on this bbs. We're all part of the berserk fan community. So don't hack on newbies walter. you should be far to noble to do that.
please don't get me wrong, i don't wanna be insulting. That's just my point of view. :)

maximus

Werent you just talking about how Berserk should only be accessible to "non stupid people"? Hmm...lets see.

I deep down honestly feel very sorry for my behaviour.
And I really feel unconfortable if people get hurt by me.
And I really gonna try to get nice again as u may like me then.
Moreover I really gonna try to post just as u may like it.
so finally i got to say:I LOVE YOU WALTER! :-*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've also seen some posts of you, walter, that seemed to be a bit pompous. i, personally, don't think that it makes a difference wether you're an admin or a newbie on this bbs. We're all part of the berserk fan community. So don't hack on newbies walter. you should be far to noble to do that.
Im allowed to put people in line if I feel theyre being a little too disrupting.

maximus

Im allowed to put people in line if I feel theyre being a little too disrupting.
Lets don t take things too serious and move to things that might be more important!
O.K.?! ;)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
You should solve this my way....
you should solve it like adult persons, grownup styleee...

HURT EACH OTHER PHISICALLY!!!!
;D

no really m8z, wtf? You gonna start flamin now?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Speaking of Godhand, how do u kill them? That is the question that been bugging me. Excuse me if this have been brought up before. What the hell do u do in that situation when u encounter the Godhand?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Speaking of Godhand, how do u kill them?  That is the question that been bugging me.  Excuse me if this have been brought up before.  What the hell do u do in that situation when u encounter the Godhand?  

if they're anything like the Endless, then they cannot "die", but they can "change" -- for the better

skullknight could be an example of such change, but i could be very very wrong on this assumption

aka one of the biggest underlying theme of the Sandman.

maximus

if they're anything like the Endless, then they cannot "die", but they can "change" -- for the better

What would be more diffficult:to change them or to kill them?

Does "endless" only refer to there physical presence?

If not it would be also impossible to change them to "better"as you said.
However this is the big problem miura has to deal with and not us.
Seems to be another big advantage of berserk:"We definetely don t know or can imagine how it will end.

wuwei

hmm...
i dont see why any of you are making a big deal about the above thoughts. its all relativly simple. anyone who has read a good book will understand many times writers will represent human emotions or characteristics in inanimate objects, or place each pure characteristic in a single person.

either way, i havnt been able to read the whole manga yet(i havnt been able to get full translation of it, and id rather not go to some site, pay for a crappy translation, when i can get a free one of better quality if i wait a bit.)

so all i have read up to is where gatsu meets god hand, including femto, when the count summons them due to his desperation, as well as the anime series.

now, i also dont know all their names. correct me if i am wrong, as far as i know, void is the brain guy, slann is the lady, conrad is the grinning man, and Ubik is the man laughing.

void seems to be the leader, with the acception of griffith, who seemed to me to be rivalling voids power in the manga. as his brain suggests he seems to mastermind the whole situation. also, the bare skull represents age it would seem, and so he is the eldest of the pack.

conrad seemed to be the keeper of information in both my confrontations with god hand. he delt out information about the count, and he delt out information to gatsu at. so his title might be keeper of knowledge, keeper of books. something of that nature.
either way i can understand his grin, because, since they are evil, and since ignorance is bliss, he enjoys ruining peoples lives by giving information. an example would be telling the counts daughter of his past, thus ruining her life, almost to the point of her desiring to kill herself.

Slann seems to be his partner in crime, as she gave out some information as well. but her outfit doesnt really fit(forgive the pun) that character.
one might think of her as the woman of god hand. representing woman forces, such as one of the definitions of yin and yang would be woman and man.

altho that information is quite unknown, due to its political incorrectness. either way, right now i beleive she represents womanly forces.

ubik is the bisggest question of all. it coule be that he enjoys simply laughing at other peoples suffering, therefore he represents the outside common persons point of view. an example of people laighing at others suffering would be home alone. generally (certainly in the dark/middle ages) people would laugh at others suffering. take the bull fights and the fox hunt.

one has to admit there is no honor in the fox hunt. it is about 15-20 dogs im guessing, a group of men on horses, armed with crossbows, and guns. all this against a single fox. highly an unfair sport, leaving no room for honor on either side of the fight. the bull fights where no better really. because in the middle ages and so on, it was not simply the bull fighter. the audience would wip the bull, or throw things at it.

either way this represents the evil human characteristic to laugh at another being suffering.

femto is a big question. from my experiences with griffith, his pretty boy figure, omnipitent(sp?) look on life, from god hand, and his irksome silence at times.

all this, and the fact that griffith is represented by the hawk leads me to believe that griffith is like a hawk, hovering above, out of reach of sight, always watching. always watching everything, like a rich man watches the world from a office too high. until it is his time to strike, and due to his constant observations, he is able to strike just were it will hurt most.

hmm, ive probably talked to much and half of you wont read my post, o well. ;D

Top Bottom