Episode 274

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Well, looks like we might once again not be getting any preview for this episode, so I'm at least posting the title.

This is also a pun that means "horrible/terrible/fearsome emperor" (in reference to a Russian Tsar: Ivan IV Vasilyevich), so can anybody say Ganishka? He's the one and only Emperor of Terror after all. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Miura's brilliant wit.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
well at least the title sounds promising to me imo! :guts: thx for the info!

edit : i wonder if we're gonna see some Ganishkan action or just Ganishka doing a little speach again! in any case i'll be happy

Thanks for the heads-up Aaz.

I'm hoping that Ganishka will make a direct approach to Guts band after Daiba's defeat. I wonder if he'll mention anything to them about a certain Falcon. :griff:

S

Some Guy

Ah, so Ganishka will enter the scene after the humiliating defeat of his General. Perhaps Ganishka will take Guts seriously from now on.

Or maybe the scene will shift to Ganishka in his castle getting the news of the defeat of one of his Generals (or would that be Admiral?) causing quite a stir.

I really think there is little chance of Daiba surviving this episode.

CnC

Ad Oculos
even the thought of a ganishka's appearance is awesome...
can't wait.

I'm guessing Daiba's screwed...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
i wonder if we're gonna see some Ganishkan action or just Ganishka doing a little speach again!

Well there's "thunder" in the title. :void:

Knight o' Skeleton said:
Perhaps Ganishka will take Guts seriously from now on.

Or take him into consideration at all.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Whoohoo! So, now the long-awaited Ganishka-appearence will occur!

Wonder what his reaction to Guts &Co will be.. o_O. And what the group's reaction to him will be! O_O.

I wonder if Young Animal has stopped giving previews for each episode thorugh? There was none last time and - thorugh that's too early to say, I suppose - there may not be any this time either...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Whoohoo! So, now the long-awaited Ganishka-appearence will occur!

It's only been since episode 262, not so long. :SK:

Dark Wanderer said:
I wonder if Young Animal has stopped giving previews for each episode thorugh?

Time will tell, it's hard to predict it over just 2 episodes, besides last time was during the Golden Week.

I really hope A Guts VS Ganishka beginnig fight for this Episode and a new trouble to resolve for the others because Magical(c'est une façon comme une autre de l'appeler :guts:) Guts is fighting almost alone with Schierke and serpico(finally not so lonely :miura:) and the other are the public of the show with some comments (un peu comme un match de foot sur une chaîne avec un plus) (it's my first post :judo: )

Dark Wanderer

Aazealh said:
It's only been since episode 262, not so long. :SK:

Point, but he didn't pay any special attention to the group then; nothing hints that he even noticed them...

Time will tell, it's hard to predict it over just 2 episodes, besides last time was during the Golden Week.

Also true. So let's see if last time's lack of preview was just a sort of one-time event, meaning the preview should be up sooner or later, or if there'll be no more previews from now on...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Dark Wanderer said:
Point, but he didn't pay any special attention to the group then; nothing hints that he even noticed them...

He's never noticed them. So the "its been so long since" doesn't really apply to anything

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KENDO972 said:
it's my first post

Hi Kendo, welcome. :serpico:

Dark Wanderer said:
he didn't pay any special attention to the group then; nothing hints that he even noticed them...

We'll know soon enough, but anyway that wasn't really my point.

Dark Wanderer said:
So let's see if last time's lack of preview was just a sort of one-time event, meaning the preview should be up sooner or later, or if there'll be no more previews from now on...

There have been times before when we didn't get any preview and nothing really justified it, so I'll at least wait for the next issue before making any kind of assumption. The Berserk Official Corner also went down for ~2 years once, but I doubt that'll ever happen again.

Chung said:
I wonder if he'll offer Guts to temporarily join his army since their goal is to defeat Griffith...

Well he doesn't know what Guts' goals are (currently to go to Elfhelm, not to fight Griffith), and after what the group has done I highly doubt he'll offer them an alliance (maybe to become his underling though?). Plus he's so arrogant anyway, that wouldn't be like him.

Aazealh said:
Well he doesn't know what Guts' goals are (currently to go to Elfhelm, not to fight Griffith), and after what the group has done I highly doubt he'll offer them an alliance (maybe to become his underling though?). Plus he's so arrogant anyway, that wouldn't be like him.

Ah, true. Thanks for clarifying.

On an unrelated note: Ever thought of including puns like this one and all those (Puck-)references into the encyclopedia?

Yeah finally Ganishka is coming back to the scene!Tough I doubt that any fight will begin between him and the group he'll surely want to know and make something about the people that slay his army and defeat his general...an exciting program!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chung said:
On an unrelated note: Ever thought of including puns like this one and all those (Puck-)references into the encyclopedia?

I personally thought about it in the past yeah, and Puella once planned to list all of Puck's jokes/references, but nothing's been done so far as you can see. It could be an interesting addition to the Encyclopedia, some kind of trivia section (though it often goes beyond simple trivia and add important nuances), so I'll keep it in mind.

Ganishka doesn't strike me as the forgiving type - so Daiba's new position is probably going to be Rear Admiral :isidro:

Dark Wanderer

Aazealh said:
There have been times before when we didn't get any preview and nothing really justified it, so I'll at least wait for the next issue before making any kind of assumption. The Berserk Official Corner also went down for ~2 years once, but I doubt that'll ever happen again.

Really? Hmm, nothing to do but to wait and see then...

Regarding the speculation of what Ganishka'll do, at this point I don't expect him to do more than perhaps make some comments on the group, something along "What!? A Sacrifie? Here!? How's that possible!?" or "A witch? Here?". something like that. Possibly he'll also give the group a taste of his lightning - after all, he should be quite irritated about the fact that the group had all but disrupted his attack on Vritannis...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Regarding the speculation of what Ganishka'll do, at this point I don't expect him to do more than perhaps make some comments on the group [...] Possibly he'll also give the group a taste of his lightning

I think he might very well try to roast them. Isn't what you said a bit contradictory though? :void:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Aazealh said:
I think he might very well try to roast them. Isn't what you said a bit contradictory though? :void:

Hahaha, I very well believe that if Daiba is still alive, Ganishka himself will roast him in this episode, as a means of punishment and a display of power and fear.

To my mind i think that Ganishka has a war to do, and therefore he may not be interested in guts. No?

My view is that there will be a fight against Ganishka and Griffith, and more closer maybe Ganishka will just do some damage in the city in order to win it. The point of guts is to take ship, not fighting him (it?)

To conclude, i don't think guts has the ability to do some damage to Ganishka. isn't he too stong for him so far ?

Just my thought ^^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Something along the lines of what he did to Locus' group back in Windam.

Yeah, pretty much.

Black_Devil said:
Hahaha, I very well believe that if Daiba is still alive, Ganishka himself will roast him in this episode, as a means of punishment and a display of power and fear.

Hehe, I could definitely see him do something like that. :void:

Tjahzi said:
To my mind i think that Ganishka has a war to do, and therefore he may not be interested in guts. No?

The problem with your reasoning here is that Guts and his friends are currently seriously hindering Ganishka's war effort in Vritannis.

Tjahzi said:
To conclude, i don't think guts has the ability to do some damage to Ganishka. isn't he too stong for him so far ?

Well if Ganishka isn't physically there I'm not sure Guts could harm him, indeed. I don't think they'll really fight anyway, they all have more important things to do.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Tjahzi said:

true, but guts and co. still destroyed a lot of ganishka's daka and other monsters! which Ganishka could consider as in being in the way hence wanting to maybe get rid of them or something! just my thoughts too though but it seems reasonable IMO.. i know i would want to get rid of them if i was ganishka!

what if this episode isnt about Guts and Ganishka but its about Griffith and Ganishka.. You know the fight on the other side of Vritannis (supposing that the Neo-Hawks are in Vritannis fighting of the invasion) or the arrival of the Neo-Hawks at Vritannis with Guts fighting on the background :carcus:

Top Bottom