Berserk DC movie clips

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I started posting the original japanese Berserk DC movie clips ... I'll try to add a few a day ^_^

http://arcticnightfall.com/berserk/page.php?section=multimedia_dc

Yeah!

:eek: Casca really does sound like a baby...and Puck...well weird and yet not...strange. I do like Rita's voice. Not sure what I think about Guts. Was it the same seiyuu from the show that did the game?

icefall

Yup! I'm guessing he really had to stretch the words out to move with the character's animations. (Like when he calls Puck baaaka)

They get better as they go along ^_^

I should have the next 6 up tomorrow!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah!

:eek: Casca really does sound like a baby...and Puck...well weird and yet not...strange. I do like Rita's voice. Not sure what I think about Guts. Was it the same seiyuu from the show that did the game?
Yeah, its the same seiyuu. Im pretty sure that Balzac's is Zodd's VA as well...but im not positive. I like what they did with Puck's voice. But thats DEFINITELY not Miyamura as Casca =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yup! I'm guessing he really had to stretch the words out to move with the character's animations. (Like when he calls Puck baaaka)

unless they're idiots that do everything in post production... I'd imagine it wa the animators that lip-synced the seiyuu. Meaning the "baaaaka" was intentional.

Its cool to hear Gattsu again... and I like Pukk.

Im pretty sure that Balzac's is Zodd's VA as well

sure sounds like it

But thats DEFINITELY not Miyamura as Casca =)

No kidding, unless her skills are better than I've seen...and I've seen a number of the shows she's been seiyuu on. It should be obvious once Caska gets a chance to speak. :-/

icefall

Sorry I didn't get more clips up today... I got caught up in my VHD site so I'll try to capture and compress them tomorrow. If I don't make it up to the caska speaking one I'll skip ahead and grab it anyway (It's one of the later ones where she has dialogue).

icefall

There is  ;D

You just have to make a custom profile - grab the newest one and it has more presets... but you can also specify size like I said.

icefall

I captured 3 new ones... I wanted to do a whole lot more but have been so busy (new job, new location... fun fun!)

I got an encounter w/ Zodd and Guts, Caska's awakening (with her dialogue) and the end clip with Skully. They should be up tomorrow, I played around for hours tonight trying to get the video to look good on capture (it looked like crap no matter what I tried, until I used the geforce3 video in).

I'll post again when they're ready!

edit: They're up!

http://www.arcticnightfall.com/berserk/page.php?section=multimedia_dc

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clip #26: Wow...

There is definately a major difference between the US and Japanese versions here. The high-ppitched laughter and voices that come, seemingly from the Beherit. The scene begins and the sound is dull, as Skully approaches it grows louder, and then as he has it in his hand it climaxes, then...as it is placed in his mouth: Silence.

Very...interesting.

The resonance of souls? Thats my belief right now anyway.

icefall

Yeah!  Thanks!

...did anyone else have problems with the sound on 26?

That would be my fault -_-;;

I compressed the file totally wrong, try redownloading and it should be in MUCH better quality.

And yeah Walter, the way those sounds were mixed in tells me it's really important! (They're really in the foreground... hard to tell in the web files, but on the stereo they're definitely meant to be heard... until they're eaten ^_-).

icefall

No prob! And yeah it is... but at least it leaves us with some hope for caska. It was good to see her normal if only for a second or two ;_;

Oh definitly! :)

And showed Puck and Rita that Caska was normal at one time.

Which I've been meaning to ask, just what DOES Puck know about all this...I haven't read it all, and really haven't a clue on that.

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
On arcticnightfall I get this message "error: Sorry, downloads are down until november 1st!"

And well...Yong's clips are ripped frome the american version...

:'(

icefall

They were doen because of bandwidth last month, and then I built a new computer so I didn't have time to put the downloads back until monday ^_-;;

Sorry! I'm working on the site again this week, so if I get the video capture to work in winXP (the asus capture drivers won't seem to install... ugh) I'll put up some more scenes!

So, which version of the game is 'better'?

If the american version is a poor translation (i trust them to be coherent) that would butcher the story, then it would be better to get the japanese version.  I don't mind hunting for translations.

Mind you that I havn't watched any of the Nightfall clips (or Yong's clips for that matter) and I don't read/speak japanese.

PS: Hello Cronus, Walter.

Top Bottom