Episode 276

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Thanks for taking the time to snap those photos for us, Aazealh!

Sorry to break the myth but that wasn't me dude, I wish I'd get YA at home in France 2 days before its release date, but that's not happening. Not now or ever. The thanks should go to some mysterious and anonymous Japanese guy.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Sorry to break the myth but that wasn't me dude, I wish I'd get YA at home in France 2 days before its release date, but that's not happening. Not now or ever.

Well thanks anyways for posting 'em. :serpico:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
youpidoo what an episode! it was worth seing these pics even though there not as good as usual! thx a lot for this early episode aaz! it was nice seing zodd again!  :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
What's most poignant to me is watching Guts' shock as Zodd takes those hits, like he's almost rooting for him even. What Guts has known as the ultimate monster is being humbled before his eyes (and then flying right into them).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
What's most poignant to me is watching Guts' shock as Zodd takes those hits, like he's almost rooting for him even.

Pretty much, yeah. It may (or not) be quite a shock to him later on, in retrospect. He already knew how powerful magic could be, but now he's basically seeing what Schierke could potentially become one day, and it's far above his own capacities.

Anyway, who thinks that Ganishka's spent now? If there isn't a Neo Hawks commando getting to his secret weak point by now, I think he might just run out of energy to cast his lightning. Especially after this giant attack. Who knows though, he's really been living up to my expectations till now.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Yea, forgot to say thanks for the photos aaz. Hmm, I always thought Zodd was THE strongest apostle in the series, couldn't have expected him to beat teh fog form of Ganishka though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
Hmm, I always thought Zodd was THE strongest apostle in the series, couldn't have expected him to beat teh fog form of Ganishka though.

Well yeah, Ganishka's not really in the same league since he's a magic user. Remember how easily Flora blocked Grunberd's path after she died? Ganishka's in his prime and he seems to be an accomplished sorcerer (as well as an apostle...), so obviously brute force won't do good against him.

But what it's the point of this attack? Griffith should had known that his flying apostles would had fried by Ganishka (Like he knew about Flora).

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Aazealh said:
Well yeah, Ganishka's not really in the same league since he's a magic user. Remember how easily Flora blocked Grunberd's path after she died? Ganishka's in his prime and he seems to be an accomplished sorcerer (as well as an apostle...), so obviously brute force won't do good against him.

Yea, I definantely see your point there, magic truly is the defining factor. Though, I also doubt Ganishka's apostle form is a pushover either, is it possible aaz that his magic abilities could be even more powerful in his apostle form? Since we know Apostles get the obvious physical strength upgrades, but I'm intrigued to what effects the shift could have on Ganishka's magic. I also think he might be nearing his magic supply at the rate he's shooting out lightning bolts, this could give the neo-hawks the chance they need to go at him in a weakened, fogless state once he runs out.

@Brinco: But Ganishka can't shoot lightning forever, so why not use a few expendable soldiers(I'm really surprised he's letting zodd do this though)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Zodd seemed to know he wasn't in for a good time, I've never quite seen him have that look before a fight. So, either it's part of some greater goal, or they're really unsure of how to handle Ganishka at this point and Zodd was giving it his best, throwing everything at him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
brinco said:
But what it's the point of this attack? Griffith should had known that his flying apostles would had fried by Ganishka

Well it could be a diversion, or like I said it could be so Ganishka "uses up" all his magic resource on them and then has no choice but to go away. Or like Griffith said they just don't know how to take care of him, but I don't think that's it.

Black_Devil said:
Though, I also doubt Ganishka's apostle form is a pushover either

Me neither, that's why I said I'd like to see a "pure" apostle match between him and Zodd as a revenge. No magic allowed! :zodd:

Black_Devil said:
is it possible aaz that his magic abilities could be even more powerful in his apostle form?

It could be, it's hard to say for now since we've got basically no information about it. If I had to choose I'd say it's not the case though, simply because if it was I imagine Ganishka would use it more. Besides his apostle form might not be convenient to use magic (not even mentioning the fact he's got his special fog form already) and like you said it's usually oriented on physical changes. Yet he might just be warming up and keeping the "apostle form magic" for an emergency. That'd make him so incredibly powerful though... In the end we can't be sure until we see it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Zodd seemed to know he wasn't in for a good time, I've never quite seen him have that look before a fight. So, either it's part of some greater goal, or they're really unsure of how to handle Ganishka at this point and Zodd was giving it his best, throwing everything at him.
I think they are testing a theory... Now that I think about it, when Zodd and Co gave the first charge at Ganishka to save Charlotte, didn't Irvin's arrow go through him? So they knew that he could avoid it by that means. I'm sure Irvine would have debriefed everyone about it back then. I'm sure its a greater goal.

Probably a distraction.

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Bu't im expecting a tag team from Guts and Zodd.

I expect Zodd getting out of the water and Guts hanging on, thus preventing drowning. But thats about as far as I think it'd go.

but who knows

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
wow, what an amazing episode. Thanks so much for the pics!!!!

And by the way... I think this will be my new home for talking about Berserk. It seems to be really active, and has alot of people who know what they're talking about.

Speaking of the Flora incident... Griffith didn't even show up at the spirit tree, so I'm hoping he decides to show up in Vritannis (to give the people a face to their supposed savior)

SaiyajinNoOuji

CnC said:
I expect Zodd getting out of the water and Guts hanging on, thus preventing drowning. But thats about as far as I think it'd go.

but who knows
Or how about Zodd using Guts and the DS as lawn darts? :guts:

Why Griffith doesn't face him directly? I know that it will be anti-climatic but he could defeat Ganishka easily than Zodd. Come on, he's a freaking God Hand, whom beat Zodd in a nano-second. It may be 'cause he doesn't want to reveal his "secret identity" to the people. Besides like Saiya said they knew about his fog form.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
What's most poignant to me is watching Guts' shock as Zodd takes those hits, like he's almost rooting for him even. What Guts has known as the ultimate monster is being humbled before his eyes (and then flying right into them).

I always thought there was a mutual respect between them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abstraction said:
I think this will be my new home for talking about Berserk. It seems to be really active, and has alot of people who know what they're talking about.

We're pretty much the best there is. And the most modest too! :badbone: But seriously though, I'm glad to know you appreciate the place.

Abstraction said:
Speaking of the Flora incident... Griffith didn't even show up at the spirit tree, so I'm hoping he decides to show up in Vritannis (to give the people a face to their supposed savior)

The stakes aren't the same and we know he's nearby, so I'm pretty sure he'll show up at one point or another. That doesn't mean he'll face Ganishka directly though.

brinco said:
Why Griffith doesn't face him directly? I know that it will be anti-climatic but he could defeat Ganishka easily than Zodd.

Could he? We don't know the full extent of their power (applies to both of them). Besides his goal is probably not just to destroy the Kushans. How about becoming the leader of the Holy See alliance? Then he could get an empire of his own, ruling not only on Midland but on all the surrounding countries too. If the Kushans weaken the other countries, he'll have no trouble having them willingly ask for his leadership. That's a bit too speculative for now, but my point is that he probably has deeper motives than "simply" defeating Ganishka.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Could he? We don't know the full extent of their power (applies to both of them). Besides his goal is probably not just to destroy the Kushans. How about becoming the leader of the Holy See alliance? Then he could get an empire of his own, ruling not only on Midland but on all the surrounding countries too. If the Kushans weaken the other countries, he'll have no trouble having them willingly ask for his leadership. That's a bit too speculative for now, but my point is that he probably has deeper motives than "simply" defeating Ganishka.

plus, he could not be himself at the moment
:guts: :griff: :casca:

Aazealh said:
Pretty much, yeah. It may (or not) be quite a shock to him later on, in retrospect. He already knew how powerful magic could be, but now he's basically seeing what Schierke could potentially become one day, and it's far above his own capacities.

That gives me an interesting idea, do you think Guts will ask Schierke sometime in the near future to teach him to use magic? Haha Guts with magic, that'd be.. well awesome lol.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
plus, he could not be himself at the moment

We saw him being "normal" in episode 258 though. :guts:

Donald Shimoda said:
That gives me an interesting idea, do you think Guts will ask Schierke sometime in the near future to teach him to use magic?

I don't think he will, but then again he's always been a surprising character. I guess I could see him use magic to some extent (like say, a magic armor?)... But not becoming a full-fledged sorcerer, not compatible with his character IMHO.

Aazealh said:
I don't think he will, but then again he's always been a surprising character. I guess I could see him use magic to some extent (like say, a magic armor?)... But not becoming a full-fledged sorcerer, not compatible with his character IMHO.

Perhaps when they reach Elfhelm, Guts will (at first rest haha, if he doesn't heal on the boat that is) train a bit, perhaps not only physically but mentally as well. Guts is an adaptive person, and maybe this encounter will convince him of the power of magic. If he became a full fledged sorcerer as well as a master swordsman (that he already is) along with the Beserker armor and the Dragon Slayer maybe he'd stand a chance at defeating Griffith and God Hand? Haha I could see it now, the Beast Knight swinging his enormous sword and shooting lightning bolts out of his hand (or maybe using the DS as a wand of some kind)!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
Perhaps when they reach Elfhelm, Guts will (at first rest haha, if he doesn't heal on the boat that is) train a bit, perhaps not only physically but mentally as well.

That's a likely possibility, but that doesn't mean he'll become a real magic user. Training mentally could mean a lot of things in the context.

Donald Shimoda said:
Haha I could see it now, the Beast Knight swinging his enormous sword and shooting lightning bolts out of his hand (or maybe using the DS as a wand of some kind)!

I could see it... not happening. :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Donald Shimoda said:
Perhaps when they reach Elfhelm, Guts will (at first rest haha, if he doesn't heal on the boat that is) train a bit, perhaps not only physically but mentally as well. Guts is an adaptive person, and maybe this encounter will convince him of the power of magic. If he became a full fledged sorcerer as well as a master swordsman (that he already is) along with the Beserker armor and the Dragon Slayer maybe he'd stand a chance at defeating Griffith and God Hand? Haha I could see it now, the Beast Knight swinging his enormous sword and shooting lightning bolts out of his hand (or maybe using the DS as a wand of some kind)!

Thats all fine and dandy but what happens if/when Casca is healed and she is like...

:???: Jigga what? I'm going back to Griffith!

I think that would mess up his mojo.

Top Bottom