Berserk fan made game…

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
Well i’ve got the berserk dc games and
I was disappointed...
I didn’t find the atmosphere of the manga…

So I’m planning to do a side story game of Berserk

Hey ! don’t go away ! ;)

I’m a 3d modeler…
I’m actually making some models for bid for power (a mod from quake 3 based on dbz… That it’s not supposed to be released^^)
Well…
Have you ever heard about Severance Blade of darkness ?( http://www.rebelact.net/severance/index.shtml)
That’s a violent medieval fantasy game…
This 3d engine is perfect for a game based on Berserk !
You can create your own map and models an build a scenario…
I can do it^^

Well I don’t know why I’m posting this…^^
because actually all that I need is a coder (That I could find on severance forums and not here^^)
And for the moment this project won’t interest berserk fans if I don’t give even a proof of my skills (Can i really create such a game) or my sensitivity (quality of the scenario, respect of Miura’s world)
And of course this kind of projet will take months…
Hé hé…(stupid laugh)

For reactions…maybe…

So any reactions ? suggestions?encouragements? condolences?

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
I think you’ll appreciate it ! :)
It’s rebel act, a spanish company that made it
A year has passed until its release and it didn’t get old

However editing is quite difficult with that kind of game…
For exemple each character can undergo mutilations and realise complex sequences of attacks .
I must use plug ins for the old 3ds max 2.5 (they didn't upgrade it for current version)

Actually I’ve got some concerns so I can’t begin the project immediately.
But I’ll post screenshots of my w.i.p. as soon as I can.
:D

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
To find a skilled coder that also loves berserk will be quite difficult…
My first priority is to make some real good characters first…
Especialy the textures
(As you can see in the DC games textures are quite simple compared to the neat ones of blade of darkness)

With a good work I could be reliable to claim for a skilled coder…
They ‘ll not follow a looser ;D

Those kinds of project are banal on editing forums…And talent is rare…

I've got many friends which are 3d modelers too but i prefer to work alone on the 3d realisation…
That’s not only a pride problem ^^ But I could use this project to get a job (I recently failed to get a level design job in a video game company…I really need to prove my skills ::) )

I’m going to suffer :p

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Go go go I say!

*grins* as for coding... dunno, I have absolutely no contacts in that field unfortunately...

M

Majin_Gatsu

I remember seeing a model for Gatsu on the net once ... though I can't remember the site or who made it ... maybe I can find it.

Bid for power looks awesome by the way.  It says a lot that you were working for that project. ;-)

[EDIT]  Found the site ... http://www.planetquake.com/doujinshi.  Unfortunately, they're "rebuilding".  I think that sign has been up for a while, but there is a mailing list you can subscribe to.

CnC

Ad Oculos
well, the only 3d modeler that comes to mind around here is WAM...
i dunno if he'd be interested or able to help you....

yea, if you need a bald, eyeless head of gattsu... he's the one you go to.

J/K, WeRealMad, s'all in fun... I appreciate your modelling

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
"Bid for power looks awesome by the way. It says a lot that you were working for that project."

oops no misunderstanding I'm not a member of the staff ;p
But don't worry I'm skilled ;)

WAM works for planetquake?
So he's probably the one that I need but...

Actually this project isn't concrete.
I absolutely don't know if I'll be able to "lead" it until the end...( ::)my english!)

For exemple the moria mod staff (a mod based on lord of the rings for severance blade of darkness) has 10 members... and bid for power staff 14!

I've got skilled friends that could help me a lot for that project (Texture Artist,Modeler,Animator)
I'm presumptuous but for the moment all that I need is a coder...

And I already know where I can find him ^^

But before that I begin a new project...I should finish the previous one^^ (I've got at least 5 models for bfp unfinished)

And ... I 'm going to miss my train :eek:

My thoughts regarding this MOD:

I think it sounds like a damned cool idea, but there is the legal issue. I really don't think Hakusensha would take kindly to people using their intellectual property for a game (even if it is a non-profit work). These kinds of issues have popped up in many mod communities, such as LucasArts going after people working on maps based on the Phantom Menace. I've always thought about doing some sort of Berserk mod for fun if I had the time (which I don't), but I'd never be able to really release it.
I'm downloading the demo of that game now to see how it looks and possibly check out how the editor is. If I was going to work on a mod, I'd be waiting for the Unreal Warfare engine to be released before I did anything at all (it's used in Unreal II and Deus Ex II/Thief III).
So basically, if you go for it, I'll beta test the hell out of it if you'd like and add inputs, but you need to be aware of the possible consequences of working on a project like this.

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
By now it's just a beautiful dream.
That's why legal issues are distant concerns.
But you're right...

If this project expends I'll soon be confronted to those difficulties.

Bid for power staff faced funimation.
2 solutions remove all dbz contents... or let bfp became warez
And the worst is that nevertheless bird studio seemed to
has given its agreement...
But funi owns dbz in usa...

Bfp staff choose the first one...

I'll see...
After all there's a 4 years old rpg of a friend that deserves a conversion...
But In that case blade of darkness is not the right engine...

Finally my main concern is...
Would I be able to show the first screenshots before 2002^^

"I'd be waiting for the Unreal Warfare engine to be
released before I did anything at all
(it's used in Unreal II and Deus Ex II/Thief III)."
You'll see that Severance blade of darkness is not a doom like (I even don't know which type it is).
This kind of game suits better to Berserk world...
So an eventuel coder will have less work

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
If I were you, I wouldn't try it. Yeah http://www.planetquake.com/doujinshi/ is my site. No, I don't work for planetquake, but my site is/was hosted there.

Anyway, as far as your project goes, I wouldn't try it if I were you.

I know for a fact (menaing that I'm not speculating) that such a project would in fact be illegal. Also, finding a motivated team of workers (particularly a competant coder) is very unlikely.

But that's just my opinon.

oh, and Ps: the site isn't rebuilding, it's gone.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I suppose it was similar, not incredibly, but it was a mod, and berserk was indeed a part of it.

I had already pretty much become disenchanted with the project, but when I discovered the fact that it was, in fact, illegal, and found a number of other similar projects shut down, I decided to shut this one down myself.

Volsung

Achete mes disques!
That's irritating...
I don't know what to think...

Funimation obliged bfp staff to remove all dbz contents
But you can find the leaked version everywhere

Ethics...

I don't harm Hakusensha
I even don't profit from it

arg...Ethics...

what a trouble...

I 'm even not sure to success in this adventure
And know I've got to deal with that prediction...Let this project die or it becomes illegal...

Damned...

In that case there's a lot of mugen characters illegal (You know mugen?)
For exemple the saint seiya game made by micro cosmo...
For bid for power I made kanci from FLCL , Shin getter 1 from shin getter robot and some dbz characters...
Copyrighted characters for a leaked game...

The law of money can reach you even in a international virtual world...

"Tell me what, Tell me what, Tell me what you want
I don't know why, don't know why, don't know why you afraid..."

Top Bottom