If Guts had the Dragon Slayer would it have made a difference during the Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Guts had the dragon slayer at the time of the eclipse, would it had made a difference? There were 1000's of demons going after him and he was holding his ground without it, but maybe if he had it at the time he might of protected Casca from femto. But however the demons would of never stopped attacking him. Any thoughts? :chomp:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts wasn't "holding his ground," he was barely escaping death at every instance. Anyway, fact is that he didn't have it then. Besides, as Skull Knight said in volume 9 "only he who stands with a broken sword can...[survive]" :SK:

And dude, if you're going to continue posting at your current rate, PLEASE make an effort and use the spell checker. It's getting pretty tiring reading thread titles like "Ff guts had the dragon slayer" (I corrected it for you.)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
Kind of a silly question, but at that point in time i dont think he would have been strong enough to wield it.
But ~4 days later he could? Kind of a silly statement if you ask me.

Or maybe you think that Guts POWERED UP the moment he was branded? XD If so, let me direct you to this thread, where the subject has been beaten to death: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4645

S

smoke

I'm thinking he could've probably protected himself and Casca a little better, but I really doubt he'd make any headway against a seemingly endless tide of demons.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: If Guts had the Dragon Slayer would it have made a difference during the Ecl

Walter said:
It's getting pretty tiring reading thread titles like "Ff guts had the dragon slayer" (I corrected it for you.)

Well, I corrected the rest of the sentence because I couldn't stand it anyway. Threads with these kind of title are asking to be deleted guys, keep it in mind and don't be surprised.

Anyway, Walter is right as you'd expect. Guts wasn't holding his ground, he was dodging, escaping, running. His limit is shown during his attempt and subsequent failure at saving Casca. Barring the fact that the story is the way it is and couldn't be otherwise for a variety of reasons, even if he had had the Dragon Slayer at the time (which he would have been able to use as far as we know) I don't think it would have changed much. Especially not against Femto. Remember that Femto, even right after his "birth," was able to use his powers (he can even fly) and to attack SK. Guts wouldn't have been able to do anything serious to him, see volume 3 for details.

Maybe (probably) he could have killed more apostles or wounded them more severely, but the result would have been the same in the end.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Re: If Guts had the Dragon Slayer would it have made a difference during the Ecl

It might help him kill a bit more, but it could also hinder him. He was jumping around and like Walter said, barely scraping by each encounter with his life. He probably wouldn't of been able to do quite as many fancy moves with the DS.

But like everyone else said, it wouldn't of made that much of a difference. Sure, maybe he would of wounded more, but that's probably about it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

I think the obvious no no on this is.. If he had the DS and when he would be taken out eventually, he would have left the DS there and then later on, he would have probably died seeing how the best other sword that Godo made for him shattered against the Pig Apostile! Everyone loses! :troll:

He might not have been able to move around as much, but he could've done a lot more damage to all those demon thingys. But this is coming from a guy who's only watched the anime and glimpsed through the first volume or two of the manga.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

The thread got correct answers and won't go any farther into the topic. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom