Getting Serious About Getting YA

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If we’re going to get the scans flowing plentifully around here again, we’re going to have to really focus and go all out. I think we’re all just waiting for them to appear Godot-style and that’s going to lead us nowhere. First things first…

Does anybody think they can get access to current YA chapters?

If you think you can get YA or scans anywhere, even just theoretically, try to follow it up and see where it
leads. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you get scans from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend, as long you can get them to me. ;)

I’m hoping 1 out of the 800 of you can provide and be the undying hero of the board, forever celebrated in the songs and poems we write about your greatness.

-Griffith

If you really want to see the Young Animal episodes, there could be another way...

http://manga.accessticket.com/
You can "buy" volumes or episodes of several series, on this site.
Berserk is available:
http://manga.accessticket.com/title/berserk/
They have the Young Animal episodes, they're just a bit "late" (they got episode 202 a few days ago).

I _think_ it's possible to register from anywhere in the world, but I haven't tried, 'cause there may be a problem with Acrobat Reader.
I can't read Japanese documents with my version of Acrobat Reader. I tried to download the Japanese version, once, but it didn't work.
I don't know if it could be a problem with this site, but I didn't really want to suscribe just to realize I couldn't read anything anyway...

Anyway, that would be another option...

EDIT:
OK, I just tried to look at their "sample" (the two links just below the "Acrobat Reader" one, on the right) and it didn't work. "ColorSpace incorrect".
Maybe that's just my computer or my Acrobat Reader though...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I could, fairly easily. There is a Japanese grocery store about an hour's bus ride from my house. Not sure how long a drive.

But I honestly don't think it's worth it all, considering having to be the dirty old man-boy with the nudie magazine at the counter.

Fact is, even without the hassle, I'm not sure it would be worth it since personaly, I can wait, and I don't exactly have a whole lot of "team spirit" considering my feelings for the current community: http://www.skullknight.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1025214461

In retrospect... I shouldn't have replied should I?

BTw, I went to that page, and clicked "Lsaizu(1024x768) o miru", and a window opened up with a pdf document. It seemed to load just fine, it had Guts and crew, so I'm assuming it works.

BTw, I went to that page, and clicked "Lsaizu(1024x768) o miru", and a window opened up with a pdf document. It seemed to load just fine, it had Guts and crew, so I'm assuming it works.
I love my computer. -__-

puella

Berserk forever
I subscribed to YA from 203 for the next 6 months.
but I myself don't know how long it will take. yeah, really crazy shipping!  >:( it's sometimes so fast and sometimes so late.
but as far as I know, it won't be more than 2weeks though still can't be sure -_-;
and I bought damn poor cheap scanner!! but it works quite well.
do hope to share my scans with people all over the world.
I didn't want to have all YAs, just berserk YAs I want. that's why I hesitate to subscribe to it. but once YA is stocked, some crazy people buy all of the issues in a moment in my country.(like 202 case)
So I decided to do it.
there are two kinds of subscriptions for me.
One is 66,000 won by credit card ( 50-60US dollars) for 6 months: as you know shiipping time is crazy. 1- 2weeks needed according to the manager.
The other is 132,000won only in cash(100-120 US dollars) for 6months: 3-4days needed till get the recent YAs. I had no cash then so I took cheaper way.

and I told and asked my mom never to throw away my YAs again. :p
I think we will meet 203 within this week.(but you should notice crazy shipping)
I even tried using several internet flea markets in the bookshop to get 200-202 YAs(actually once I got 200-201 but lost them later)  but nobody answers me so far.

*** Olivier, isn't acrobat reader 5.0 available everywhere ???
you mean 5.0 has some trouble with your computer or that Japanese site?
*** and it would be quite good if some people here get YAs.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I can get them, but I need two things: #1 a japanese book store to get them from, but i think i know where one is. #2 getting a job, that will be easy to get. so if i can find a japanese book store i'd get it [while at the same time being stared at by the people there].

I subscribed to YA from 203 for the next 6 months.
Thank you, Puella!
you mean 5.0 has some trouble with your computer or that Japanese site?
Yeah, I thought that was because it was a Japanese document (I already had problems with that before), but it was something completely different, another bug.
Anyway, it works, now. ^_^;

puella

Berserk forever
I think we will meet 203 within this week
No, not this week. :-X it drives me crazy.
Jesus Christ,I myself can't wait to see Puck's cute ass and Skull Knight.
Some guys IM me so I tell you something in this post.
I asked the bookshop manager and he said
YA is for adults only so it should be checked by officers.
Think about this.
YA is stocked 3-4 days earlier than official release date in Japan
but "Checking time" is toooooooo long. about 1-2weeks
and delivery time is 1-2days
then how long  does it need before I get YA?
1-2weeks as I always say. it's pretty ridiculous.
God damn checking time! We Koreans always pick on "Adults only" while we are very horny.
too bad I had no money then. If I could afford to it, I'd take faster way:3-4days after Japan. no checking time. private order and shipping.
Honestly I regret not taking faster way but couldn't help it. 24,000won per month? it's soooo steep for me.
I pay 3,500 won for one berserk volume.
since 199, we've been wandering around like Guts. :-/

puella

Berserk forever
It's not only you! not only you! not only you! ;D
I said some guyS.
I had a vicious urge to kill the officials. >:(

Top Bottom