I will kill you all.... I mean, hello.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Uhm... yeah. I'm new here. *waves*

Well, sorry for starting a new topic if its not allowed here.... its just I don't want a crappy post to be my first, if ya see what I mean.

Good, glad you're coming with me on that.

Well, I'd just like to say I've been a fan of Berserk for all of 7-8 months now. I found out about it by playing the game around my friends house. I was immediately hooked on how badass Gatts (Gattsu to me back then.) was. Seriously badass. So, after scouring the game for any hints about his past, finding fragmented bits and pieces about the Band of the Hawk and "God Hand", I decided to turn to the internet. After about a weeks worth of ploughing through many game reviews I discovered there was an anime! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, after a long night (stayed up 'till 4 am) of gathering as much information about the Berserk anime from various sites (Namely Black Sun over Midland and another, which name escapes me.) I stumbled on Walter's Big Ass Berserk FAQ. After being a lurker on this BBS since then, I decided to join. So... yeah.

That wasn't too long... was it?

Sorry if it was. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uhm... yeah. I'm new here. *waves*

Well, sorry for starting a new topic if its not allowed here.... its just I don't want a crappy post to be my first, if ya see what I mean.

Good, glad you're coming with me on that.

Well, I'd just like to say I've been a fan of Berserk for all of 7-8 months now. I found out about it by playing the game around my friends house. I was immediately hooked on how badass Gatts (Gattsu to me back then.) was. Seriously badass. So, after scouring the game for any hints about his past, finding fragmented bits and pieces about the Band of the Hawk and "God Hand", I decided to turn to the internet. After about a weeks worth of ploughing through many game reviews I discovered there was an anime!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, after a long night (stayed up 'till 4 am) of gathering as much information about the Berserk anime from various sites (Namely Black Sun over Midland and another, which name escapes me.) I stumbled on Walter's Big Ass Berserk FAQ. After being a lurker on this BBS since then, I decided to join. So... yeah.

That wasn't too long... was it?

Sorry if it was. ;D
Good to have ya.

Believe it or not, that's one of the first positive FAQ responses since I started it, over a year ago :-X

D

Drachenfels

f-a-q???

what the FAQ is that?!

funny.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
oh well, walter wrote gatts in his FAQ too.    ::) and me used to think that it's Gatsu.   :p
Where'd I leave it? Goddamn, I knew it must have slipped past the edits somehow. :-X

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Where'd I leave it? Goddamn, I knew it must have slipped past the edits somehow.  :-X
Whoa! I just thought you just didn’t care.  Check out the timeline (Gatt’s Timeline) and especially the anime section. It has some real good Gatts/Guts stuff, here’s one of my favorite passages:

“…For starters, the tournament fight in the anime involves Gatts and Valencia, a veteran of the 100-Year War. But in the manga, there are two fights and the first one is between Valencia and Silatt, the Kushan Warrior. Silatt easily beats Valencia, and directly afterwards, Guts butts into the tournament and challenges Silatt. Guts defeats Silatt with ease. After the fight, the Castle Lord who hosted the tournament inadvertantly informs Gatts of the fate that has befallen the Hawks, now being led by Caska. In the anime, Gatts simply went on his own after turning down the Lord's offer to join him…”

He’s called Gatts half a dozen more times in that summary before he’s finally called Guts again; the last time he's mentioned in closing sentence. That was always like the punchline for me. ;D

-Griffith

Kuroi-san

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't realise calling him Gatts was sacralige (sp?).

Ah well, hello to you all, I would kneel and kiss your feet but I've hurt my back :-X

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hey !! People around here !!
I'm not the youngest member anymore ! :eek:
Nonetheless, it's true back then when I didn't know the manga, I thought something about Gatts or Gatsu ( not precisely as you can see ) but it is natural for me to say Guts now.
As Casca, Zoddo and Corcas ( this one is the more harder i find :-X )
... ^^ ...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa! I just thought you just didn’t care.  Check out the timeline (Gatt’s Timeline) and especially the anime section. It has some real good Gatts/Guts stuff, here’s one of my favorite passages:
The timeline only has that one reference, and it's already been taken care of.
He’s called Gatts half a dozen more times in that summary before he’s finally called Guts again; the last time he's mentioned in closing sentence. That was always like the punchline for me. ;D

-Griffith
The Anime comparison was taken directly from BSOM, so blame Skully for those. I'll fix them if they make you laugh that much though. :-X

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I give you the future french translations names

Guts - Gueux
Casca - Caca
Griffith - Griffeur
Judeau - Tout doux
Serpico - Panoramix ( this one is well-searched ^^ )
Rochine/Roshinu~ - Rechigne
well, i think i have to stop right now !! ;D or else ... :-/

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Judeau will be named Tout doux???

I thought Judeau was already French like chateau :p

Kuroi-san

Wow... my first topic finally turned hot! ;D

Too bad it turned into a name debate :D

Anyhow, I'm just going on what people say, since I can't translate Japanese :-/

Top Bottom