Hyperion

Has anyone here read this book before? It's a science fiction novel by Dan Simmons which follows the the adventure of 7 people chosen to go on a final pilgrimage to a planet known as Hyperion, while the galaxy is at the brink of war. On the planet Hyperion, there is a being called The Shrike, which is somehow related to all of the stories that each pilgrim tells throughout the novel. It's a really good book, one of the best I've read. There's a 2nd part to it called Fall of Hyperion and if you'd like to continue from there, there's also another 2 parts called Endimyon (not sure if I spelled that right) and Fall of Endimyon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a huge classic of the Sci-Fi genre, so you can bet a lot of people read it. Any Sci-Fi fan that hasn't read it can buy it without hesitating.

Stream

Inousha
ghhh! thnx for reminding me ! :serpico:

I still haven't read it! Ouch! But it's on my must-read-soon list, so it's a matter of weeks or months till I read it. DOn't have much time or concentration to read recently, I guess... :/

Heard great recommendations for it, from many many people..

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I've read all four books in the series and I can't recommend them enough. Next to Dune, they're probably my favorite works of science fiction.

Top Bottom