Ghost Rider...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
haha, wow, I remember that the rumor was going around that Nichols Cage would play the ghost rider, didn't think that it actually was a go! :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Cage is a good actor so I'm not too worried about that, but the CGI aren't looking very good so far and I'm not sure they'll be able to transcribe the "feel" of the comic book. I'm not expecting much out of it for now.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I'm a fairly large Ghost Rider fan (own one of the first releases of the first comic :carcus: ) so I'm pretty excited about this. I don't have any problem with Cage, but I must agree the CGI doesn't look up-to-date

The CGI looks very cheap imo, very "apparent" looking and everything looks too "clean" so to speak, needs to be more gritty looking and such.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Cage seems to be doing a good job, here. However, I agree, the CG looks.... bad.

One could hope that these aren't final shots, but at the moment it looks too clean.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Mark Steven Johnson, or MSJ, said they're still working on the fire. Which is nuts cause this freakin movie wrapped LAST SUMMER!

This whole time they have been working the CGI. I don't work in an effects house, but appearently Fire and water are the 2 most difficult this to do in post-production.. and since this movie doesn't come out till next Feb. I think they still have time to make it look decent.

CnC

Ad Oculos
C. Walken said:
This whole time they have been working the CGI. I don't work in an effects house, but appearently Fire and water are the 2 most difficult this to do in post-production.. and since this movie doesn't come out till next Feb. I think they still have time to make it look decent.

Most fluid dynamics, specifically, are tough to do in CG. I thought the fire was just ok, but the bones were terribly lit plus the shaders on them made them look like plastic.

I agree it needs work, but I think it will be quite decent. compared to the other crap thats come out in theaters lately. Besides the skull, his chain is too shiny. and how does his bike not blow up from the fire? (I haven't read the comics) maybe its one of those Hydrogen/Oxygen ones. >_<
apart from that I think Cage will save the movie, Kinda like Depp saving the first Pirates movie.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
You have to give the PS3 some more credit, just think of the next generation for Spyro the Dragon!

I hope they're making this movie into a PS3 game. Sure to be a hit at launch.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Honestly, I agree, I think the PS3's graphics will look better than this, especially pre-rendered movies. This reminds me of my CGI, made for video, Mortal Kombat adventure tape. Anyway, the estimated budget is about $55 million, not a lot to put on a CGI bonanza nowadays.  For that money, I really don't know why they didn't use more practical and special effects. Other than that's just how it's done now.

Griffith

Seriously, show some balls and just set a stuntman's head on fire like in the good old days.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Seriously, show some balls and just set a stuntman's head on fire like in the good old days.

Yeah, stuntmen and animatronics, those were the days...

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Yeah, stuntmen and animatronics, those were the days...

Really, Jurassic Park was a revolution, but it ended up ruining movies thereafter because instead of using CGI effectively or as a last resort (which Park did), it started being used for literally everything. Effects from the 80's basically look more realistic than effects today, now some of those practical effects are a lost art. It's all come around again, "I can see the digital strings."

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
I couldn't agree more in that the animation needs some serious work, especially the skull.  But I really do dread most comic or video game influenced movies since more often than not they suck, and the casting is a nightmare (so far the casting on this movie doesn't look too bad).

S

smoke

How many goddamn comic book movies can come out? Some of them are good, yes, but christ...somebody write an original script again.

FIREHEAD!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
somebody write an original script again.

I can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid movie! And the Warcraft one! And the Zelda one! And the Metroid one! And the Castlevania one! And the Animal Crossing on-BARF!

Top Bottom