My theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the characters represent one person. Or rather different aspects of the same person.
The story follows Guts a tragic hero by fate eternally linked with Griffith. It's about fear and battling your demons as you walk through hell, consequences of giving into your dark side :chomp:.
I can't help but relate entirely to Berserk. It was something I was waiting for that was as dark as it is gruesome.
I do know however that Guts will die, the brand combined with his ethereal wound and the berserker armor doesn't up his chances for survival.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Farenx said:
All the characters represent one person. Or rather different aspects of the same person.

Well that's cool but you know, there isn't really any ground for that idea in the manga. I don't think that's what Miura's going for, sorry.

Farenx said:
I do know however that Guts will die, the brand combined with his ethereal wound and the berserker armor doesn't up his chances for survival.

I'm not sure you know all that much, to be honest. His wounds and the armor have had plenty of chances to kill him already, and he's still around. And the Brand? You mean death by blood loss or something? Let's be serious.

Oh, that's right, I forgot

You can make whatever you want out of anything.

Aazealh, what's your take then?

Alright the brand doesn't mean his death, but with his death he'll be consumed as a sacrafice.

Common people if your not gonna agree at least give me your take, honestly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Farenx said:
Aazealh, what's your take then?

My take? Well I believe the characters are simply like they're depicted in the manga, people in a story. Nothing extravagant as you can see. I don't know what else to tell you, I mean you didn't elaborate much on your "one person" idea yourself (not that I think there's much to be elaborated on).

Farenx said:
Alright the brand doesn't mean his death, but with his death he'll be consumed as a sacrafice.

Actually as he dies he'll go to the Vortex of Souls, that's what the Brand condemns him to. Now apparently (we don't know much about this) almost everybody goes there anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Farenx said:
You can make whatever you want out of anything.
Well... you CAN think however you want, just don't expect everyone to agree with your outlandish hippie theory.

Common people if your not gonna agree at least give me your take, honestly.
I'm no common person :troll: I didn't respond with a detailed post because you didn't even get into your theory at all. You just stated your opinion, with utterly no evidence. And it's not a flattering or involved theory either...

And my take is, like Aazealh's, that the characters are independant entities. I also highly disagree with your certainty that Guts will die in the end. The ending won't be pessimistic.

Yeah I know I didn't elaborate, if I had I would have to sit and write down notes.

Outlandish hippie theory, haha I fail to see it.

my ideas were never intended to flatter or be that involved.

you guys seem to be a bit of extremests when it comes to Berserk, in my opinion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Farenx said:
Yeah I know I didn't elaborate, if I had I would have to sit and write down notes.

Whoa man, sit and write down notes? As in producing an effort or something?! :isidro: Isn't that too extreme?

Farenx said:
you guys seem to be a bit of extremests when it comes to Berserk, in my opinion.

I don't think anything really supports that assertion.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Farenx said:
Outlandish hippie theory, haha I fail to see it.
Well, I'll give you a hand. It's right here:

Farenx said:

Farenx said:
my ideas were never intended to flatter or be that involved.
If you aren't that attached to them, then why did you get flustered when I didn't take them seriously?

Farenx said:
In case you didn't read previous threads, the speculation section of our forum in particular is taken very seriously. These kinds of arguments are bound to happen when you write something outlandish without proposing any research to back it up.

Don't be discouraged from posting elsewhere, but be prepared to "write down notes" (if you need to) the next time you feel you have something to offer.

As with any critical analysis of a work, laying out the basis of and a making a solid argument for your thesis is at very least as important as the thesis itself. So if you want people to offer alternative theories and explain why they disagree with your theory, you should at least come to the table with something that is more fleshed out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jepn30 said:
So if you want people to offer alternative theories and explain why they disagree with your theory, you should at least come to the table with something that is more fleshed out.

Well "theory" is a misnomer here anyway. This is just something Farenx came up with randomly and decided to share with us because he thought it sounded cool. It's no big deal in itself, though it wasn't worthy of a thread. We just happen to disagree with him for obvious reasons and he's distraught at this situation.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I would almost like to at least try and see where you coming from Farnex, and hell, you may even convince me, but you need some facts or ideas or something. Right now I'm thinking that Berserk has many characters. About two handfuls of MAIN characters and then a dumptruck of supporting roles. I don't see how it works out but if you do, Farnex, I would actually like to hear a nice, well written and factually littered speculation

S

smoke

Ummm...they all have different dominant personality traits...and real life people have many different aspects to their behavior...maybe now it makes sense?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom