Episode 203

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
Maybe Schierke senses the beast in the dragonslayer its sinister and would make sense what has the dragonslayer been mostly used for Gatts revenge all the killing and the hate manifested into an object, so as long as he carries the dragonslayer he must carry the hate and pain aswell? Though that could change now with him swearing to use it to protect caska IMOP?

How could Farness, serpico and isidro could access the village then?
Flora allowed it and granted them entrance.

Mmmh... I for one thought that branded people (already in the _Interstice_) affect people that are near them (and maybe their whole direct environment).
e.g. people (or animals as well) seem to get possessed only when they are near Guts or Casca, or on very special occasions (see the birth ritual at Albion)
What I mean is that the others would (in my opinion) never have been able to find Flora's mansion without being with Guts or Casca.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mmmh... I for one thought that branded people (already in the _Interstice_) affect people that are near them (and maybe their whole direct environment).
e.g. people (or animals as well) seem to get possessed only when they are near Guts or Casca, or on very special occasions (see the birth ritual at Albion)
What I mean is that the others would (in my opinion) never have been able to find Flora's mansion without being with Guts or Casca.
But, vermillions idea is confirmed in 203. Read Oliviers post on the page before this one, at the very bottom.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
thanks a lot puella !
( my computer has collapsed, so it's elsewhere, in curing ... )
i haven't understand what are the little beings around wind and fire stuff ...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Skull Knight says something to Flora on page 20, can any of our Japanese-abled board members tell me what he says?

-Griffith

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I am the only one to have noticed? The art is not at the usual Miura's par. Also the distintive trait at times seems different. I suspect some assistant has worked overtime on the episode.

Griffith

Everyone else was busy noticing unimportant details like plot development. Anyway, I don’t think there’s anything below “par” with the artwork, it’s just the scan properties playing tricks on you. It probably looks a lot different in publication.

-Griffith

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I am the only one to have noticed? The art is not at the usual Miura's par. Also the distintive trait at times seems different. I suspect some assistant has worked overtime on the episode.

Since chapter 180 or so, it's been that way, off and on.

Sometimes it's not so bad, sometimes it's perfect, sometimes it's better than his usual standard.

In this chapter, there were a couple of times where I thought Guts looked really different (not in a good way).

In either case, I think Walter agrees that my art si teh moear bettar ;)

I haven't noticed anything diffrent with Miura's art other than Guts nose wich is drawn very flat and not pointy like it use to be.

Griffith

Since chapter 180 or so, it's been that way, off and on.
179, remember? :)

Hmmm, honestly, the only time that Guts looks really off model to me is on the top of page 11 (and page 1, but I read that as intentional, don’t know for sure), everything else looked just fine to me (I don’t see it as below his standards). Although, the chapter certainly doesn’t impress me visually like 202 did. I don’t think it’s so much Miura being inconstant as him going all-out artistically when it’s important and just doing what’s needed when it’s not. Speaking of Guts and Miura's style, anybody agree with me that since MF Miura has reverted (at least somewhat) to his original character model of Guts from the Kuroi Kenshi arc?

In either case, I think Walter agrees that my art si teh moear bettar
Ha! Walt, give us Guts the snapping turtle!

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

were.jpg

I have no idea what you're talking about.

TheMindzeye

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
About what Flora says to Skull Knight at the end of the episode...[this is really, REALLY far-fetched mind you] via the whole pitying of fellow sufferers bit...

If SK did escape from the eclipse 1000 years ago [somehow lost his brand or made it defunct] then what would this mean for Gatsu and Caska? Are they doomed to walk the intersice forever, eternally meddling in the affairs of God's Hand?

puella

Berserk forever
Skull Knight says something to Flora on page 20, can any of our Japanese-abled board members tell me what he says?

-Griffith
All I know about it is that Skully calls Flora " friend who can help me" and tells "that guy(Guts) is also ***** by causality ****"

-Japanese-unabled board member

*** I also want to know what Skully says so I take this evil way because when there is something misinterpreted, somebody corrects it. :p

D

Drachenfels

If SK did escape from the eclipse 1000 years ago [somehow lost his brand or made it defunct] then what would this mean for Gatsu and Caska?

Nothing.

Flora/Skully Conversation

I sat down and did a lil' bit o' translation(man, has it been a while) and figured I would translate the Flora/Skully conversation (at many people's request.
Thank Olivier for touching it up, as I'm rather rusty on my Japanese. After tomorrow I only have one class to deal with so I may be able to get 202-204 done in the next few days. But no promises ;)

p19

Flora: ...So, you were here.
Flora: You didn't have to be so quiet, you know.

Flora: ...truly, those children are rather bold, yet they could bring about uncertain outcomes.
Flora: Are you pleased?

Flora: Regardless, I wonder what sort of wind brought you here...
One where you would actually ask me a favor?

Flora: Do you sympathize with him, he whom has the same disease as yourself?
Or...you're simply using him?

p20

Flora: Old friend.
Flora: I would like to believe that your human heart still remains.

Skully: Even if I do not involve myself,
He may still be one of the variables guided by the laws of causality.

Flora: ...True.

p21

Flora:God has already provided them a destiny.
And meeting each other was that destiny.

puella

Berserk forever
Re: Flora/Skully Conversation

I sat down and did a lil' bit o' translation(man, has it been a while) and figured I would translate the Flora/Skully conversation (at many people's request.
Thank Olivier for touching it up, as I'm rather rusty on my Japanese.  After tomorrow I only have one class to deal with so I may be able to get 202-204 done in the next few days.  But no promises ;)
WoW! thank you (_ _) (- -) can't wait(jumping around all over)
but promise me promise me promise me promise me :-*

Flora: Do you sympathize with him, he whom has the same disease as yourself?
      Or...you're simply using him?

Skully: Even if I do not involve myself,
       He may still be one of the variables guided by the laws of causality.

Flora: ...True.

bababababa~ they seem to have a lot of implications.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks, Puella. ;D
And thanks in advance, Cronus. :D
I can barely survive this HOT summer without enjoying new version of Berserk.... ;)

Top Bottom