Lost Episode eerie music

Hi I'm new to the forums and first off I'd like to say that the site and Encyclopedia are outstanding. Kudos to all those who were involved in its construction . It is the finest on the net that I have seen which includes Japanese Berserk fansites too.

I just wanted to express admiration and to say hello. In addition, does anyone know the source of the eerie music used in the Lost Episode section?

Nice to meet you all and hope to speak soon :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the Enc praise. But it's not done, and I'm too busy/lazy to complete it these days. Not sure if I deserve the praise anymore :judo:

I'm almost certain Griff found the midi on some kind of generic, spooky, halloween-themed website. :guts: I love it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you'll get a more specific answer than that.

Thanks Walter for your response!
Its still in my opinion the best out there. If you need any japanese -> english translations, let me know. Would be happy to help.

Came across this today whilst doing some research.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1685/worldironqe1.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone else? Looks like the spiked torture device Miura uses in his work

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
simmy said:
Came across this today whilst doing some research.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1685/worldironqe1.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone else? Looks like the spiked torture device Miura uses in his work

Yeah, that's an "Iron Maiden." The most famous one was the Iron Maiden of Nuremberg, which was actually destroyed during WWII. I think nowadays there only exists replicas. It's a pretty popular torture tool in fiction and legends, but if I remember well it's doubtful they were widely used historically. It's a pretty cool reference in any case, I know I thought it badass the first time I read that part.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, that's an "Iron Maiden." The most famous one was the Iron Maiden of Nuremberg, which was actually destroyed during WWII. I think nowadays there only exists replicas.

Really? Because I remember reading somewhere that they found one of those things in Iraq.

BayJumper said:
Really? Because I remember reading somewhere that they found one of those things in Iraq.

Here ya go, bro.  Courtesy of Wikipedia:

"An iron maiden was found in Iraq near the building housing the Iraqi Football Association in which Uday Hussein had an office. Members of the Iraqi Olympic Team claim it was used against Uday's opponents and critics during Saddam Hussein's rule."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's interesting, but from what that article says it seems it was built on order of Uday Hussein for his personal use in torturing athletes. That means it's probably less than 20 years old given the guy's age, a modern day reproduction basically.

Top Bottom