Speculation about the prototype

First post:

Not long ago my uncle came from Transylvania. He told us few things about the Dracula's lore. Hi said that Draculas father was called "Vlad seivästäjä" in english it means Vlad the Impaler. It took me a while to remember where had i heard that name. Then i remembered Vlad was the evil count in the Berserk prototype. Altough he were also a real person know from his extremely cruel ways of torturing.

Was the name just coincide? Or was it possiple that Berserk could be a story conneted to the vampire lore. The fact that in another folklore Vlad was known as cruel vampire slayer. Kind of a good person to public. Also to almost everyone who has seen God Hand calls them Angels, Lords and other praising names. People had thought that the count was good leader, until recently when his blood thirstyness grew too large.

Other speculations of what Berserk could have been are higly apprecieted.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Miura's admitted that he's interested in the original Dracula, Vlad Tepes. I'm not an expert on the subject or anything, I just know that in an interview he said he was interested in doing a story about the background of the 'real' Count Dracula.

[quote author=Kentarou Miura]
I've thought of writing a story based on Dracula. I'm talking about Vlad Tepes, the real Dracula. I wanted to use the real historical records. [/quote]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Haqwi said:
Was the name just coincide?

No, Miura did inspire himself from that historical character to make the villain. It doesn't go beyond that though, it's not connected to vampire lore. He just had a villain that was a mix between the Count, the Snake Baron and Zodd. An apostle prototype basically, with some inspiration from Vlad Tepes.

Haqwi said:
The fact that in another folklore Vlad was known as cruel vampire slayer. Kind of a good person to public. Also to almost everyone who has seen God Hand calls them Angels, Lords and other praising names. People had thought that the count was good leader, until recently when his blood thirstyness grew too large.

That's completely unrelated. It seems what you're saying is also mixing historical stuff with myth, so I think you should disregard it.

Walter said:
Well, Miura's admitted that he's interested in the original Dracula, Vlad Tepes.

Since you mention that, please note that "Tepes" means "the impaler" in Romanian, and that in the prototype Miura directly labels the guy Vlad Tepes, using an association of Kanji meaning "impaler" along with furigana to make it sound "Tepes."

Haqwi said:
First post:
Hi said that Draculas father was called "Vlad seivästäjä" in english it means Vlad the Impaler.

Just as a side, Dracula's father was called Vlad Dracul, meaning Vlad the Dragon. Dracula means, son of the dragon. Dracula (the son) earned the name Tepes, from his habit of impaling.

Top Bottom