Spider-Man 3/Black Costume

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
img_black.jpg

"You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo.
Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Saw this about a week or so ago.  Looks pretty much like a black and silver version of the suit he wore in the first two movies (although the suit in movie 2 was slightly different from that in movie 1). Thanks for posting this, GNM. :void:

Griffith

Yeah, I saw it on some german board or something through google and didn't think much of it (just a wishful thinking fan image); I didn't know it was from the official site at the time. And while I like the image, that doesn't say much for the unique design. =)

Anyway, I'm certainly behind the idea, and this picture still leaves a lot to the imagination as far as how it will play on screen. Since the movie is still well over a year off, I'm curious to see if this design is set in stone, or if it's more a publicity shot to get the idea across. And of course, if it's anything relating to the black costume in the books, that could be only one of many forms. I guess what I want to know is if it's the symbiote, or if Spider-Man is just getting really depressed.

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
Unfortunately, I smell Ultimate Venom. :judo:

Hahaha, I think they should handle it like the animated series. They already introduced flyboy. :carcus:

P.S. Still no Eddie Brock in the credits and Topher Grace is listed as, "(attached)". Uh-Oh. =)

http://spidermanisvenomandemo.ytmnd.com/

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Emo spiderman was my second guess. Either that or they decided to go Prince of Persia on us.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Vaxillus said:
I smell venom  :zodd:.

People were saying that if you look into Spidey's eyes on the picture that Venom is visible, I can't see it though.
Anyway, I think this one looks way cooler.
Edit: But not as cool as Grif's new avatar. :guts:
Blackenstein.jpg

At aintitcool.com there was supposedly some mole who found out all these spoilers about Spiderman 3 and that the 3 villians were sandman, venom, and Green Goblin Harry but Venom doesnt show up until near the end and they kill Eddie Brock.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
HawaiianStallion said:
At aintitcool.com there was supposedly some mole who found out all these spoilers about Spiderman 3 and that the 3 villians were sandman, venom, and Green Goblin Harry but Venom doesnt show up until near the end and they kill Eddie Brock.

I had heard rumors that they weren't going with Harry as the Green Goblin but as the Hobgoblin.  Of course, these are just rumors and it's possible that none of 'em are true.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I think my new avatar looks way cooler. :badbone:

Oh Jesus...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Allways a fan of his original black and white suite... Wouldn't bother me any if this was the case.

Well now if they went with Harry as the Hobgoblin that would be incorrect. Because the Hobgoblin is supposed to be a Scientist who stumbles across the Green Goblins old works while Harry is in a Mental Hospital. That is definetly venom which no one can deny because of the chest insignia. One thing that wouldnt make sense would be sandman (i actually have no recollection of a sandman in the series or comic books :judo: ) Anyway, it would be alot more effective if they brought in Cassidy. Man Cassidy was a bad ass and if they bring in Cassidy that would make my day. But not only bring him in to fight venom but to bring him in with his past that would make spiderman alot more dark. And plus a battle royal in spider man between Spidey, Venom, and Carnage? If they did it with their big budget and did it well I would have to bow down to the powers that be in all its glory that my dream scince the tender age of 8 has finnaly come true.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
osca said:
That is definetly venom which no one can deny because of the chest insignia.

Not quite. Again, that was spiderman's suite. Including the insignia. Too soon to tell... but for what is worth, this picture does causes a lot of stirs.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
osca said:
That is definetly venom which no one can deny because of the chest insignia.

Nomad said:
  Not quite.  Again, that was spiderman's suite.  Including the insignia.  Too soon to tell... but for what is worth, this picture does causes a lot of stirs.

My apologies, guys! :judo:
I failed to mention that the picture I posted was an edited image that I found and that it is not an official picture. Sorry!

Oh heh. I was like, No that is Venom-spiderman, im looking at my comics right now even the white on his hands shows it. Too bad its an edited version =(

King-2E

I'll kick him in the head
osca said:
One thing that wouldnt make sense would be sandman (i actually have no recollection of a sandman in the series or comic books  :judo: )

He was one the first truly super-humans spidey faced, waaaay back in issue #4 I believe. The series didnt include him for some reason, but any spidey comic fan will tell you he's a force to be reckoned with.

I  agree that it does seem a bit out of place because Venom was introduced in the eighties, but the movies are given a bit of leway, not to mention, Venom takes a bite out of Sandman at one point.

"You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo.
Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3."
[/center]

I think it's a great idea to have such a change in the next film, although who knows what kind of reason Peter would make to make that decision.

It's pretty obvious in these movies, the creators wanted to avoid giving the story such daring supernatural concepts (like Venom or Carnage) and the comics and cartoon followed and keep to the science fiction for a live action. Even so there has surely been alot of people complaining about the story not having characters like Venom or Carnage in any of the movies. If this is going to be the last movie, I believe this resemblance of Venom is very possibly a tribute to that.

Also it's not uncommon for movies to give a visual representation of the movie concept or style which the dark costume could also be behind; this movie is likely to be darker than the others, particularly with a good possibility of Mary Jane dying and all.
In any case I had hoped the movie was coming out sooner than a year. Dispite what others said I enjoyed Spiderman 2 as much as the first, and I can't think of many other movies I'm looking forward to this year. :(

BTW Sweet arse Avatar Griff, have any bigger shots of it to see better? Yours is great too, Rakshas. =)

SlimJ87D

Apollo
They're going to make it up to Spider-Man 6, so yeah, that's officially signed. The only problem is getting all the actors to sign a contract for another 3 years. It'd be kind of hard, this project would take at least another 5 years maybe, unless if they're smart and have screen writers and story board people write all 3 movies and finisht that so they can film scenes from all three at the same time like Matrix and Lord of the Rings.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
yeah that'd be the best thing to do! what i read is that sam raimi might do the number 4 depending on its succes plus depending if the rest of the cast wants to do it again wich is not the thing for the moment (i do hope that they will do more spidey movie with the raimi crew)

for the third one its official that its sandman (they even released a pic on the net) as someone said a bit earlier in the post, venom will probably come around the end of the movie...

speculation on my part is that the third movie will have sandman as the main vilain, venom around the 30 last minute and the green goblin (harry osborn) being evil most of the movie and turning good around the end saving spidey's ass and then diying...and i hope for a brief appearence of the lizard if that movie should be the last one with sam raimi!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, I liked 1 and 2, so their track record is spot on right now.
Dunno about 6 movies, seems like a lot. I know they've set up Harry Osborne, Dr Conners, Venom (kinda, only mentioned Brock in the first one, so theres no real back story yet). But I seem to recall a sandman pic coming out recently, how is he involved?
I do hope they avoid electro or kraven. They always seemed silly to me.

Griffith

Yeah, that whole Spider-Man 20 movie plan there makes me want to fart, in the words of Bobby Budnick. This one already has a budget of $250 million, so it's reaching bloated critical mass already.

As far as baddies go, I wouldn't even do Sandman, on account of the trouble to bring him to the big screen (and the fact that it might not work no matter how well they do it). On the other hand, I'm intrigued by the idea. I like that they're doing all the villians casual Spider-Man fans don't give a shit about. =)

"Raimi, where's Carnage, dude!!?"

"Well, kids, how about Scorpion... or The Vulture!"

Vinture.JPG

Now this is a GOOD idea!​

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Raimi, where's Carnage, dude!!?"

"Well, kids, how about Scorpion... or The Vulture!"

Well, I can understand preference going to the older villians. However, on that vein, I think we're pretty much out of interesting villians. It was hard enough for me to believe in the bond that Peter Parker had with Octavius (good acting was pretty much what saved it), let alone the potential bonds that are supposed to make the next couple of villians insteresting.

While cool looking, Carnage isn't interesting at all. Pretty much an "edgier" venom.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say "Nay" on the new publicity photo. Thats just moody, not venom.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Well, I can understand preference going to the older villians. However, on that vein, I think we're pretty much out of interesting villians.

What about Rhino and Mysterio? They're awesome.

Top Bottom