Old brands, new feelings? New brands, new Gods?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
First thing, what was all that business on page 14? Caska touches her brand, though she doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort, Guts reacts and his brand doesn’t appear to be bleeding (not clearly, anyway).  Then Guts looks confused as Hell and his thought bubbles fill up with question marks and exclamations.  So, my question is, was Guts confused/concerned because he couldn’t tell why his brand was reacting, because it was reacting differently, or both?

Next, the brand on the Golems.  Is this just a Golem thing, a sign that they are under the witche’s control, or is it a counterpart to the brand we all know and love, the symbol of the “good side” (I’m hoping for the former and a cooler symbol of good =)? I’m about ready to write a fanfic on this new type of brand, it’s properties/effects on Guts’ soul, and the “God” it may represent, but instead I’ll just pose the question:

Do you think Guts may have another brand (perhaps emblem or badge is more appropriate in this case) before the series is over?

-Griffith

P.S. I know I’m jumping the gun speculating on this, but if you don't like it: EAT A BAG OF HELL!

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Re: Old brands, new feelings? New brands, new Gods

First thing, what was all that business on page 14? Caska touches her brand, though she doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort, Guts reacts and his brand doesn’t appear to be bleeding (not clearly, anyway).  Then Guts looks confused as Hell and his thought bubbles fill up with question marks and exclamations.  So, my question is, was Guts confused/concerned because he couldn’t tell why his brand was reacting, because it was reacting differently, or both?

Maybe it's affect is healing, which would explain why the golem regenerated itself so quickly.

Next, the brand on the Golems.  Is this just a Golem thing, a sign that they are under the witche’s control, or is it a counterpart to the brand we all know and love, the symbol of the “good side” (I’m hoping for the former and a cooler symbol of good =)?

Dont you mean the 'latter' then? ;)

Do you think Guts may have another brand (perhaps emblem or badge is more appropriate in this case) before the series is over?

Maybe the brands negate each other, in which case this place will be far more safer for Caska to be then the wonderful world of Elfland.

CnC

Ad Oculos

i completely agree... it stands to reason that there is a brand, or rather (perhaps a more humane) symbol that represents the "good" forces in the world.

However to say this would go against my whole "there is no set good or evil" theory. And the introduction of "the good side" would be, personally, unwelcome.

So basically, you may have hit the nail on the head. I just may not like it :)

M

Marcus

I've come close to decide that Guts' brand doesn't exactly react to evil but to death, sorrow, and vengeful spirits or things connected to the God Hand.  ::)

But this new brand for Guts would be strange, if Vermillion is right about its regenerative powers could this be when Guts "cleanses" himself of the Beast and regenerates his hand and eye? Me thinks not, and although a very unexpected twist, still not very damn likely. But the idea that Guts might have a new counter acting Brand, just maybe.. But I don't think that I agree with Griffith.

Perhaps if Guts and Casca have both brand, they'll nullify each other out. Cancel the effect that allows low evil spirits to hunt and attack the branded instinctly, but still allow them to keep that "sixth sense" that detects demons and the like..

Looks like I'm just getting carried away, whatcha think?

So, my question is, was Guts confused/concerned because he couldn’t tell why his brand was reacting, because it was reacting differently, or both?
His brand was reacting differently.
Next, the brand on the Golems.  Is this just a Golem thing, a sign that they are under the witche’s control, or is it a counterpart to the brand we all know and love, the symbol of the “good side” (I’m hoping for the former and a cooler symbol of good =)?
pen52.gif

Earth + water = mud? ^_^;

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

His brand was reacting differently.
pen52.gif

Earth + water = mud? ^_^;

Damn!! and here was me hoping the brands...or marks, meant something deeper. Guess not....

M

Marcus

If Guts gets one, could he fly? :D ::)

Top Bottom