Skullknight's Sword and Shield

I've been wondering for a while (and can't seem to find anything about it in the search fuction) about Skully's Sword.

It's apparently magical, and he can somehow bind it to form the beherit sword (IIRC) with all the beherits he swallowed. It slices through everything like it was cutting butter, has no knicks on the blade and seems to be painful to grasp (having thorns). Oddly, the only thing I've seen it NOT cut right through is his shield. Since Skully was friends with Flora, and Flora gives Guts' band magic weapons, I wonder if she might have been the one who gave Skullknight his Sword and Shield?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As you probably know, there's no way to know for sure at this point where any of his equipment came from.

It's entirely possible it was from Flora, the rose emblem on the ring familiar Schierke crafted for Farnese definitely gave me goosebumps with its similarity to SK's emblem. ... However, the story behind his equipment could also be, and is likely, based on his 1000 years of traveling, something far deeper than an assortment of magical artifacts laying around Flora's basement.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well it could be related to Flora without being something that was "just there laying in her basement," and anyway she most probably didn't have a basement yet, nor a mansion, when he acquired his current armor, weapon and shield (Although to be really specific, if we base ourselves on the small picture of the last user of the Berserk's armor that apparently died in it and assume him to be SK, he had his sword at that time already, before getting his current armor. But that's really pushing speculation a bit far.). My point is that it's not necessarily one or the other (from Flora or from SK's early adventures), it can easily be both. If their relationship was once not unlike Guts and Schierke's, then it's likely they lived and traveled together (even fought?) at some point in time.

Another possibility is that it could be related to Elfhelm, since SK has been described as having some kind of an elfin aura. This is also compatible with the 2 ideas suggested above.

Top Bottom