Author Topic: American Anime Awards  (Read 1423 times)

Offline scroto

• Of the World
  • Mmm....You don't say?
American Anime Awards
« on: January 12, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »
Go vote for the best in Anime American way @ http://www.americananimeawards.com/

I think this is as official as it gets this year. I must say the selection is a bit biased, but Iím still looking forward to the results. And the main reason I'm posting this is Berserk is a choice on a lot of the selections!

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
Re: American Anime Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »
I'm not too familiar with the English voice actors, although I've listened to a few of the series they've listed with the English dub audio track on and I was pretty impressed with Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop (unfortunately not on the list of nominees :judo:).  Other than that I said my favorite full-length feature was probably Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, my favorite less-than-13-episodes series was Hellsing: Ultimate, my favorite greater-than-13-episodes series was (and probably always will be) Rurouni Kenshin and for my favorite manga it was, of course, Berserk. :miura:  If anyone else happened to vote, what were your picks? :???:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »
JIN sent me that link last week I think, I skipped all the categories and just voted for Berserk. I don't think much of that awards ceremony and I'm not even American, way to go. :void:

Offline Stream

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 12:58:23 AM »
:troll: good point Aaz. Well, I'm not American either, but there we go..

Voted on several categories. Berserk aside, I was also especially happy to cast votes for Samurai Champloo on theme song and long series.
"That which is dreamed can never after be undreamed."