Episode 186

I'm still not sure about that, but...

Well, it looks like there will _really_ be new Hawk Soldiers (or should I say "Falcon Soldiers", this time?  ;D ).

New characters. Lots of them.

A man who looks a bit like a rhinoceros (??).
Another one named "Yakusha-sa" ("Yaksasa"? sounds like some kind buddhist term/name... is he a Kushan?).
A kid with an Elf (!!).

They could be the new Pippin, Judô and Rickert, with Zoddo, "Locus"/"Roch" and the young girl being the new Guts, Carcus and Casca?... ^__^;

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Why is Miura paralelling the Hawks? I dont understand the point...other than sentiment?

Anyways, a kid with an elf?! thats big news indeed...very VERY strange. Could it be the other elf thats seen in the recent postcard?

dia01nenga.jpg

>>"Yakusha-sa"

Sounds like Hakusensha to me  :eek: ;D

When I read about the kid with the elf I thought of that post card so that most definatly has to be the new character. ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’m going along with what Olivier said, I think new Hawks will be officially the Falcons.
Why is Miura paralelling the Hawks? I dont understand the point...other than sentiment?
Be careful; don’t fall in to the Locus/Corkus trap like I did, I’m taking a good look at these characters before I say something stupid (that is, I’ll say something stupid afterward)!  But, if he is, I have an idea why.  First, like you said, sentimentality.  Second, it might be important down the road for Griffith and the discoveries he’s going to make.  At first the parallel will make him more comfortable, like everything is as it should be, he has all his pieces.  But as time passes, I think it further illustrate how different his situation is, that this isn’t really his dream, at least not the way his vision of it.  The Hawks fought for Griffith’s dream, what will the Falcon’s be fighting for?

Hmmm, that was a pretty poorly expressed thought.  Basically, the parallel will make him realize just how important the Hawks were to him by illustrating how much these monster’s don’t caompare. (Yes, I already assume they are all Apostles ;D, except for the girl, she’ll play a different role)

Oh yeah, that’s ONLY IF Miura does parallel them.  Looks like Corkus, my ass…
Anyways, a kid with an elf?! thats big news indeed...very VERY strange. Could it be the other elf thats seen in the recent postcard?
When I read about the kid with the elf I thought of that post card so that most definatly has to be the new character. ;D
Yeah, but there are going to be a lot of elves in the future.  Anyway, why would a kid wear a traditional witch’s hat? :)

-Griffith

I think that all these Apostles are joining Griffith because he needs an army to get his Kingdom and they are the Falcons maybe.
Rhino=Pippin
Yakusha-sa=Judea :-/
Kid with elf=Rickert
Locus=?
Zodd= Gatts
new girl = Caska :-/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dont forget that this theory of the parallel is all based on the fact that people thought Locus looked like Corkas...and Ill let YOU people be the judge of that.

However...one cannot completely ignore the # of characters introduced. It is strange indeed. Ill wait until I see 186 to cast my judgement on them though.

Corkus looked like a country bumpkin, Locus looks more sophisticated/distinguished...I don't really see much of a resemblance....

Also, that little girl would have grow several years older to become anything like Casca was...and with all those other badasses (Zodd, Locus) she's probably not going to be very helpful militarily...

About the number of new characters... Well, you'd better wait until tomorrow or at least a few hours, because I'm still not sure about all that yet.

And the witch is one of them.
(and it's not exactly the kind of witch I expected to see... ;D )

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
And the witch is one of them.
Wow, this is big news. So much for the witch being mayor of Elvesville.
(and it's not exactly the kind of witch I expected to see... ;D )
Not the kind you were expecting? Well, it would help if you told us what kind of witch you were expecting? Don’t tell me the kid with the Elf is in fact the witch’s hat with the Elf on the card!

-Griffith

Another one named "Yakusha-sa"

It could be ("Rakushasu" ("Rakshas"?), actually?...
Don't blame me, blame Japanese people who can't read katakana!  :eek:

Anyway, rakshas and yaksasas are both hindu figures, as I thought...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that...

It looks like I'm always the one announcing bad news, but there will be no Berserk in the next Young Animal (due for August the 24th).
I was suspecting that for quite some time, now (take a look at the first page of the recent episodes... Hakusensha certainly knows it has to deliver some "Berserk items" even when Miura takes a break ;D ), and it's now official...

So, episode 187 is due for September the 14th.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
:'( *sobs*

Another break? I guess i shouldn't complain thogh, since the issues have been damn good lately... but still... *sobs*

OK. So...

Zoddo and Roch (I don't know, it looks like a possible spelling for "rokusu"?...  :-/ ) are still killing Kushan, like in the previous episode, so Sirat decides to try to seize Griffith with the help of the Tapasa.
But the Tapasa are stopped by a man in black with a strange mask. His name is "Rakshas" and he's a former Bakiraka who was banned. Rakshas says that "Griffith's head belongs to him" so he won't let somebody hurt him until he gets it (Griffith smiles when he hears that  ??? ).
Rakshas fights the Tapasa and seems a bit _too_ strong.

The Kushan try to close the gate in order to keep Griffith and his friends inside, but a man (the "rhinoceros man"... who looks a bit like Guts, it seems?) with a "dragon armor" destroys it by using his shield as some kind of cannon (he uses his hammer to ignite it, I think?  ??? ).

Meanwhile, a bird is looking at the battle from the sky. It sees Griffith as being the "savior", the "Falcon of Light" and goes back to a young girl, outside of the fortress. It looks like it was the girl who "controlled" the bird. There's an Elf with her (more feminine looking than Puck... and wearing _clothes_!).
She's the witch of the postcard and her name is "Shi-ruke" ("Schierke", maybe?). The words "Magical Girl" come to mind...  ;D

Meanwhile, in the fortress, the battle is over, and Griffith's new allies kneel before him (Rakshas isn't there though).

Fishbomb

OK. So...
But the Tapasa are stopped by a man in black with a strange mask. His name is "Rakshas" and he's a former Bakiraka who was banned. Rakshas says that "Griffith's head belongs to him" so he won't let somebody hurt him until he gets it (Griffith smiles when he hears that  ??? ).

Ooó *grins* Reminds me of Kenshin...

So Griffith really smiles? That should be another expression of emotion from him. Good! Can't wait to see that...

Did Silatt and the Tapasa bow with the rest? That would be interesting to know...

Fishbomb

Maybe the Tapasa helped Sirat to escape? We'll see...

Aaah, nicu! Sirat makes for a good opponent, and hopefully it takes some time before he goes over to Griffith's side. If ever...

Now that I think of it, it would be kind of interesting if Sirat and Gatts would work together against Griffith in the end, I mean, they DO get along so splendidly ;D

I wonder what Sirat thought when he once again saw the very man the Bakkariaka (sp?) was contracted to kill in the beginning...

Now that I think of it, it would be kind of interesting if Sirat and Gatts would work together against Griffith in the end, I mean, they DO get along so splendidly  ;D

I guess it may happen, indeed. ;D

I wonder what Sirat thought when he once again saw the very man the Bakkariaka (sp?) was contracted to kill in the beginning...

Er... I'm not sure I follow?...

Fishbomb

Well... wasn't the Bakiraka sent to kill Griffith from the beginning? By the king of Midland?

Granted, now that I think of it Sirat was not there then... But still, he would probably be aware of the fact that the rest of his group got killed trying to kill Griffith, I mean he was in the neighbourhood fighting Gatts just before that, presumably just off on his own while the rest of his comrades took another contract.

Will Sirat blame Griffith for their deaths?

Top Bottom