John Rambo Trailer

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well if that doesn't scream "entertainment" I don't know what does. I was laughing from the beginning till the end, now that's a good, old school action flick.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"When you're pushed ... killing's as easy as breathin'"

This looks promising. I've missed the 80s action flicks :judo:

Aazealh said:
Well if that doesn't scream "entertainment" I don't know what does. I was laughing from the beginning till the end, now that's a good, old school action flick.

I think thats what I love about it so much. Its just a true popcorn how violent and ridiculous can we get action film.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I just hope it's as bad as it looks... and I mean that in a good way. :carcus:

Even that title introduction was like out of an 80's horror movie. Awesome.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
That human growth hormone really worked wonders for Sly, he looks twice as plastic as before and the blood is just so intense that when he shot that poor bastard at point blank with a cannon after smacking off the head of another soldier, I knew 300 was seriously enangered on my action flicks of the year list.

That part where he blasts the guy to smithereens was hilarious.

I must have laughed for 6 minutes straight.

I can't wait to see the movie. The MPAA no doubt will clamp down hard, but at least we can get a director's cut on DVD.

:zodd:

Good God. 80's are-a-comin' back.

OmegaSeamaster said:
I can't wait to see the movie. The MPAA no doubt will clamp down hard, but at least we can get a director's cut on DVD.

Yea, I wonder if we'll see any of the gore fest shown in the trailer? That truck turret scene was ridiculous. If they are trying to make this film in the spirit of the old ones, judging by the trailer, they've succeeded.

Now, if Chuck Norris would do something with a little bite to it, that'd make me happy. (I used to be a big Norris fan when I was like 10 :guts: ) Anyone remember Missing in Action 2? The rope bridge-flamethrower scene or when they burned his POW friend alive :( , that movie was badass.
200px-Missing_in_action_2.jpg

I guess im not the first guy to say this..
But as a 80's action flick fan i dream of a movie.. A movie with Chuck Norris.. Stalone.. Van Damme.. And Steven Seagal.. That would be awesome. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
I guess im not the first guy to say this..
But as a 80's action flick fan i dream of a movie.. A movie with Chuck Norris.. Stalone.. Van Damme.. And Steven Seagal.. That would be awesome. :troll:
WTF, no Schwarzenegger, just these two-bit B-movie clones?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
WTF, no Schwarzenegger, just these two-bit B-movie clones?

That was exactly my reaction. For a true dream movie Stallone can only team up with Schwarzenegger, guys like Van Damme or Norris aren't on their level. And Steven Seagal? Let's be serious please.

Thats so weird, I was just thinking yesterday about how Schwarzenegger and Stallone had never been in a movie together. How sweet would that've been?!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
Thats so weird, I was just thinking yesterday about how Schwarzenegger and Stallone had never been in a movie together. How sweet would that've been?!

Actually there were plans for something like this several times, once even including Bruce Willis I think, and the actors were willing to lower their salary for it to happen too, but unfortunately it was never finalized. And now that Arnold is a politician it's just not going to happen. :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Actually there were plans for something like this several times

IMDb Face/Off trivia: "Originally Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone were in mind to play the lead roles, but when John Woo was brought in to direct, he decided that John Travolta and Nicolas Cage would be more suited to the roles."

Another reason to hate John Woo, not only does he make bad action movies, he literally aborts the creation of possibly historical ones in the process. Also, it needs to be said that at least half, if not more, of Norris' appeal is ironic, people are starting to confuse themselves on this issue.

CnC said:
All those guys have completely undeserved egos.
Speaking as a martial artist (coming from the best ever, with no ego etc etc etc) almost every "Hollywood" action/martial art star has had a massive ego to contend with, only multiplying that image by reaching out to a mass audience that way. Not that there's essentially anything wrong with the idea and I haven't ran into a single person (fighter or otherwise) who thought they couldn't beat up another man when the chips are down, but those above are notorious for theirs. Norris above anyone annoys the hell out of me. See his thoughts on religion and its enough to make you bite your tongue.

As for topic+Rambo, dear God. Seeing this trailer on TV was enough for me to laugh out loud, remembering First Blood as a kid and the whole "THIS IS ABOUT VIETNAM VETERANS" and eventually shifting into "Our hearts to Afghanistan, you're fighting such an oppressive regime =/" sentiments have finally died down in a favor of outdoing Rambo (FB2) body count by over nine thousand. Huge Success I say.

Yes, I will be watching it.

Top Bottom