Wyald

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Someone asked for pics of wild before and after his transformation. I have a half ass attempt here:

before (also new icon you can choose here):
wild.jpg

After:
wild.jpg

Any more Info on wild needed? I might leave it to Griff for his Apostle FAQ..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Wild

Actually, I’ve just about finished with Wild section except for his profile (and some other things I plan to add later).  But, the ‘Battles’ section is full of information that could help, it’s basically a summary of volume 11 (The Book of Wild, as I call it ;D).

Here's the Wild section:

SUBJECT: Wild (Wylde, Wyald)
A.K.A./STATUS: Leader of the Black Dog Knights
APOSTLE RANK: 2
CLASS: Apostle
SPAWN: N/A
VOLUME APPEARANCES: Volumes 10 and 11
COVER APPEARANCES: N/A
PROFILE:

CONTOURS: 2
HUMAN FORM: Super-Human
Physical Description: Large, muscular but un-toned, about seven feet tall. Face is very primal, long, sloping forehead and brow, but with menacing, intelligent eyes. Nose is big, long, and bulbous, the mouth large with a big set of perfect teeth. Ears are pointed. Hair is bushy and unkempt.
Weapons: Wild uses a large, thick tree branch as a bludgeon.

TRANSFORMATION 1: Giant Three-Eyed Ape
Physical Description: Has the upper torso of the human form on top, extending into the larger ape body, making it look as though the smaller body is riding the bigger one. On the smaller body the head and chest remain the same size as in human form, including the shoulders and arms; these body parts all extend into their larger counterparts, the chest into a larger chest, the shoulders and arms extend into larger shoulders and arms. The arms are as long as the entire length of the large body and touch the ground if left hanging. There are two huge eyes on each shoulder and one vertically situated eye below his small chest. Directly below the vertical eye is a large mouth with human teeth, it covers almost the entire length of the large chest. Inside the chest-mouth is a long, thorny, tentacle-like tongue with serrated stinger at the end. Below the mouth is what’s visible of the pectorals. The legs are thick and sturdy, though stubby considering the length of the torso and arms. The feet are very ape-like and include an opposable digit. The entire form except the face, hands, feet, shoulders, chests and pectorals are covered in thick white hair.
Weapons: Trees, hands, feet, chest-mouth and the tentacle-tongue.

SPECIAL ABILITIES: 1
Restoration: An ability allowing the instant reattachment of severed appendages and the closing of large wounds.

(I'll put the rest in another post, said the whole thing was too big!! ;D)

Griffith

(Wild cont.)

BATTLES:
Wild vs. Guts I (Volume 11):  This battle begins while the Hawks are trying to escape the Black Dog Knights, Guts and Pippin stay behind to confront the Back Dogs and while doing that they meet Wild.  When Guts initially tries to hit Wild he is shocked when the attack is stopped in mid-swing by Wild reaching over and grabbing Guts’ hand.  Wild releases Guts when Pippin rides over to take a swing at him, but after that encounter it doesn’t take Guts long to realize that Wild isn’t human.  The Black Dogs mercilessly continue their pursuit while the Hawks try their best to stop them: exploding bridges, falling boulders, gas fires and a shower of arrows, Wild rides right through all these hazards without any fear and with complete disregard for the lives of his men.  Finally the Hawks and the Black Dogs meet in battle, Guts and Wild leading the way.  Guts and Wild fight fiercely on horseback, anyone else who gets to close, gets cleaved.  Guts finally gets past Wild’s defenses and swings for his face, but Wild catches the sword in his mouth and then punches Guts’ horse in the head, killing it.  As his horse falls, Guts jumps off, swings on his sword and double kicks Wild in the head, sending him off his horse as well.  Both warriors land on their feet and continue they’re battle on foot until, to everyone’s shock, Wild kills most of his men by dropping a tree on them.  Immediately after Wild transforms, everyone looks on in terror including Guts, Wild then grabs a nearby tree and easily tears it from the ground.  Wild swings, still in shock over the transformation Guts doesn’t realize what’s happening until it’s too late, he tries to jump but the tree catches his legs and sends him flying into the trees.  Guts falls through several branches and hits the ground head-first, he lies there motionless.

Wild vs. The Band of the Hawk (Volume 11):  Caska charges at Wild when Guts stops moving, when she gets close her horse rears up and she falls, landing at Wild’s feet.  He reaches for her but is bombarded with arrows by the Hawks.  Wild takes their challenge, he charges the Hawks holding the tree in front of him, the mouth in his chest bellowing.  He slams into them with incredible force sending armored men on horseback into the air like paper dolls.  Wild sends many Hawk soldiers to their deaths; swinging the tree around destroying any man it hits, stepping on men as if they were bugs and putting them in his chest-mouth he devours them.  The Hawks and what’s left of the Black Dogs alike begin retreating as Wild brings the forest down around them, meanwhile Caska is desperately trying to revive Guts. Wild’s attention is again on the hysterical Caska, he grabs her and brings her in the air, he tears of her armor and cloths and brings the tongue out of his chest-mouth.  The end splits open revealing a serrated stinger.  Wild puts the tongue between her legs, it tears off more of her cloths as they get caught on the barbs, Wild curls it so that it’s pointing upwards and it the stinger gets dangerously close to Caska.  She looks down at Guts, he’s still lying there motionless, Caska screams.

(Christ, it says it's still too big!!!)

Griffith

(Wild cont. II)

Wild vs. Guts II (Volume 11):  Guts sticks his sword up through Wild’s tongue, then slices downward cutting it in half.  Immediately after, Guts slices off Wild’s right hand, freeing Caska.  Wild reattaches his hand and Guts stands ready while the rest of the Hawks look on in amazement.  Wild’s chest mouth lets out a mighty roar but Guts is no longer so easily intimidated and charges, Wild reaches out to grab Guts but he dodges and slices Wild in his chest-mouth.  Wild tries to kick Guts but again the attack is avoided, Guts swings into Wild’s other leg, cutting deeply and sending the off-balance monster to the ground.  Guts runs on top of the fallen Wild, cutting his belly up to the chest-mouth, but Wild slams Guts with both hands, grabs him, and then throws him into the trees.  Guts hits the ground hard and rolls, he regains his balance quickly but Wild is already on top of him; flying through the air, both feet coming down on Guts.  Wild crashes down right in front of him, the force sends Guts flying, Wild takes the opportunity and backhands Guts in mid-air.  He hits the trees hard, finally comeing to rest on a large branch, he hangs over it lifeless. Wild approaches and reaches for Guts when he suddenly springs to life, slicing Wild’s vertical eye as he drops from the tree.  Wild grabs the wound in pain and Guts realizes that he can actually hurt the monster.  Wild brings his fist down on Guts but he jumps out of the way and slices Wild’s hand in the process.  Wild heals his hand and charges at Guts furiously, kicking him through the a great distance.  As Guts is flying backwards he notices the damage his sword has sustained and realizes that he can’t keep this up much longer.  Wild searches for Guts, he sees something behind a tree and chops the tree down in one blow, but it’s only the body of a Black Dog Knight.  Wild hears a rustling sound above him; he quickly turns and punches high into the tree behind him, he only hits Guts discarded armor, a trap.  Guts comes flying out of the tree, sword aimed squarely at Wild’s head, Wild puts his hand up and Guts’ sword goes through it, but Wild snaps the sword with his fingers.  Guts continues undeterred; stabbing Wild through the neck with his broken sword.  Wild slaps him with his hand but Guts refuses to let up, he wraps his arm around Wild’s neck, positions his body behind his head and begins stabbing Wild in the chest with his dagger.  Wild starts hitting Guts with his hands again and Guts retaliates by stabbing Wild deep in the eye.  Wild desperately slams his back against a tree knocking Guts loose and to the ground.  Wild struggles to stand for a moment, wobbles and then collapses on his back, arms spread out to each side, he lies there motionless.

Wild vs. Zodd (Volume 11):  Dying from his encounter with Guts, Wild drags himself to the nearby Hawks camp, soon after his arrival he knocks over the wagon containing Guts and Griffith.  He quickly grabs hold of Griffith to stave off any attack from the Hawks.  Wild tears off Griffith’s armor, revealing his hopelessly decrepit body for all the Hawks to see, and after examining Griffith more closely Wild realizes that he doesn’t have the Crimson Beherit.  At this point Zodd lands behind Wild, picks him up, impales him on his horns, and holds him like that in the air while Wild pleads for his life.  Zodd isn’t interested in what Wild has to say; he tears Wild in half and throws him to the ground, after sharing a few words of wisdom with Griffith and Guts, Zodd flies away.  Suddenly, demonic lost souls begin to climb out of the tear in Wild’s body, they reach out for Wild’s flesh and grab hold hold of it.  A portal that seems to be emitting from inside Wild himself begins sucking the souls back inside along with Wild’s body.  Wild’s body disappears in a bright flash as the portal closes, leaving only the remains of a withered old man; still torn in half and with Gut’s broken sword sticking through his frail neck, it’s Wild’s true form.

CURRENT CONDITION: Deceased, killed by Nosferatu Zodd.

(Fucking finally!!!)

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, Zodd's section is already twice as big and not nearly as close to completion.;D

Griffith, if you're doing this for all the Apostles, that'll be one nifty read.

Heh, Wild's before pic looks like that hispanic guy on Welcome Back, Kotter

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Is wild's apostle form supposed to be a Japanese version of the Yeti? I've just been wondering. no particular reason why I'd believe that he is supposed to be. But he looks like a yeti to me.

Griffith

You’re not alone Wereallmad, I too have always felt that Wild looked like an abominable snowman.

-Griffith

wild.jpg

"SON!!! IVE FOUND MY ILLEGITIMATE CHILD!!!"

funny2.jpg

"DADDY!!!!!"

they look so goddamn like the same person... i say, "you want ice cream cone" and they both say yes!

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six

Transformed Wild isn't what I imagined. He looks like a Yeti with eyes on his shoulders. Like this girl I went to high school with... she had these tattoos of a world on one shoulder area, and some other circular tat on the other shoulder... and from a distance it looked like screws like you'd see in a GI Joe figure, or in that old Missy Elliot video where they're all like barbie dolls. Off that tangent, yeah, Wild is creepy. I would like to see more apostle enemies with background stories fight against Gatts in the future issues.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

Transformed Wild isn't what I imagined.  He looks like a Yeti with eyes on his shoulders.
i don't like most of the apostles appearance after transformation. they somehow look so... ridiculous...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...

i don't like most of the apostles appearance after transformation. they somehow look so... ridiculous...
Lets say they are ugly which is another bad point they got and makes us,not having sympathy with them when Guts kills them.

puella

Berserk forever

though it is too late my appreciation for Griffith's posts about that attractive guy(?) Wild, Griffith, you are so great!!
after reading Griffith's I get to like Wild and even feel sorry for him. What if Miura made Wild undead like Roshinu?

bytheway) In my too personal humble opinion, our members' icon seem to me represent their personality.
We happen to pick up each icon but unconciously our icons get to have sorta 'persona' on the board. ::)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

though it is too late my appreciation for Griffith's posts about that attractive guy(?) Wild, Griffith, you are so great!!
after reading Griffith's I get to like Wild and even feel sorry for him. What if Miura made Wild undead like Roshinu?

bytheway) In my too personal humble opinion, our members' icon seem to me represent their personality.
We happen to pick up each icon but unconciously our icons get to have sorta 'persona' on the board. ::)

The peanuts chick suits you :)

Top Bottom