Episode 286

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
I love that site. Enter the passcode and click "GET." :guts: Well, I'm stuck at work until 11 p.m. and can't install an app to decompress the zip so... Have fun guys. :judo:

Thanks again Saiya, you pulled through in our time of need. Pay attention, SKnet members and bear witness to the glory that is SAIYA.
If you use XP it comes with a built in decompresser! :isidro:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
If you use XP it comes with a built in decompresser! :isidro:
On a MAC, and honestly don't want to leave evidence for the Tech guy that I downloaded a 45 meg comic book zip file while working. He's an ass, and he's probably reading this now. :???:

Enough about my problems. Post your impressions, guys. I'm DYIN over here!

PS: Left work and came home to download it. I'm such a devoted employee.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I downloaded a 45 meg comic book zip

10 megs of jpegs, 60 megs of bmp files. Why include both formats?

But anyways very cool episode. Farnese's out of body experience was very cool.

I'd say this pretty much confirms to me that something horrible has happened to Azan's face (if the dialogue doesn't already say that).

Wow great episode, testical stike was funny LOL :isidro:. Shit Azans like as muscular as guts. I wanna see him try and swing the DS! For a minute I thought guts had his left forearm back because it was wraped up in bandages. Thanks again man!

SaiyajinNoOuji

CnC said:
10 megs of jpegs, 60 megs of bmp files. Why include both formats?

But anyways very cool episode. Farnese's out of body experience was very cool.

I'd say this pretty much confirms to me that something horrible has happened to Azan's face (if the dialogue doesn't already say that).
Doh! I forgot to erase the BMPs!

Sorry all! lets see if I can fix that!

EDIT: Here we go! 10MB download!

Link removed

password is still buyberserk

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
LOL, BUCKETHEAD! I have to say Isidro was doing pretty damn well before the crotch shot. The fight alone made this a fantastic episode, and a cute behind shot of Farnese never hurts either! Page 18 is absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to see what caught Casca's attention! I love you Saiya, thanks a bunch!

Walter said:
PS: Left work and came home to download it. I'm such a devoted employee.

That's the spirit!

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks Saiya.

And just the other day I was just thinking to myself that Guts took a lot of tissue damage to his face, and lo and behold, he's sporting a nice new patchwork of scars. But at least he's up and mobile sans armor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent ep. Just like Proj, there's one panel in there that just made me lol, and feel uncomfortable for a few minutes. Good to know Azan's swabbing the deck, like the stowaway he is :guts: (hmm... that reminds me, I need an Azan emoticon. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to modify this: :miura: )

Farnese has come a long way in her studies. Who knew that prior to Schierke's out-of-body journeys, she had to lather her body in shiny goo?

Cool to see there's a whole crew on the boat. So far it looks like they're entertained, but shit is bound to hit the fan sooner or later. Hope they can hold it together when the Leviathan Apostle rears his ugly head from the depths of the ocean.

And yeah, great way to transition to the next ep by wondering what Casca's spotted off the front of the boat. You'd think Farnese and Schierke would have been the first to spot anything, since they were flying high above everyone else...

SaiyajinNoOuji

They could be going the opposite direction then the boat. Also Guts didn't have the, "Oh shit| look" which means its waaaay to far away or its not a threat.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Also Guts didn't have the, "Oh shit| look" which means its waaaay to far away or its not a threat.
Now come on, how often does Guts really use his OH SHIT look? :guts: Anyway, there's no telling what it could be, (mermaids, STORM CLOUDS, a small vessel crossing towards them... anything really...) so it's pretty fruitless to speculate in that direction.

But here's a puzzle with a few less pieces left. Azan's helmet is still on, not to mention, he's been acting a little deranged since he showed up in Vritannis. At this point, it's pretty clear he's hiding something by keeping it on. Why else would he sleep, travel, even eat with his helmet on? We talked about it in the chatroom, but couldn't really come up with a solid concensus.

One of the obvious conclusions, which has been posted here several times, is that he returned to the Holy See HQ following Albion. After his debriefing, perhaps he was disfigured by torture as retribution for such a massive campaign failure. Mozgus was certainly prone to doing such things. Who's to say other priests aren't?

That's what I'm banking on, but he could have even done this to himself out of grief :judo: Or, he'll take the helmet off next episode, and there's nothing suspicious to it at all. We'll see.

Funny to see how Puck does the same move that Isidro was planning to do before the painful shot

Donald Shimoda said:
Azans like as muscular as guts.
Hehe he seems to have been eating pretty well too ;)

ADDITION: I guess at the bottom of page 7 is where you can see a white 'ghost' rising up and may be that is what Casca is looking at. Reminded me of Ganishka from a few episodes back when he first duels with :guts: and :zodd:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I really wouldn't give too much credence to what Casca's looking at. I think we're likely to see some sort of situation where Farnese (while invisible) notices Guts noticing Casca. Or at the very least I think we're likely to see a bit more of the group interacting before we reach any destination, whether it be elfheim or some monster.

Aeglos

( 1 + Many many thanks )·e^(-0.69·t)

May the GodHand bless you (or not bless you? whichever is the good one :void:)

MaN said:
ADDITION: I guess at the bottom of page 7 is where you can see a white 'ghost' rising up and may be that is what Casca is looking at. Reminded me of Ganishka from a few episodes back when he first duels with :guts: and :zodd:

That is Ganishka. Roderic seems to be talking with the Captain(?) about his appearance in Vritanis and how they saw it from afar due to not being anchored in the city ports, and then how the troupe all came in the raft.

Aeglos said:
That is Ganishka. Roderic seems to be talking with the Captain(?) about his appearance in Vritanis and how they saw it from afar due to not being anchored in the city ports, and then how the troupe all came in the raft.

I guess I will wait for the translation but shouldn't he be panicking a little if that really is Ganishka... ? :???: Seems to me that Roderick is talking to the captain about the boat that is coming in and is oblivious of the ghost.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
I guess I will wait for the translation but shouldn't he be panicking a little if that really is Ganishka... ? :???: Seems to me that Roderick is talking to the captain about the boat that is coming in and is oblivious of the ghost.
Wow dude, it's a flashback panel. Roderick's referring to the past events, as Aeglos just told you, if you read his post more carefully.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
MaN said:

Ganishka is heading back to Windham to make some desperate prep for the neo-Hawks assault, he just decided to go out to sea for some reason? :schierke:
And what boat?

Its interesting to note that neither Guts nor Casca is wearing their protective charms. I had thought that Schierke once said the ocean was very in tune with the spiritual realms. Overall, good solid episode to start up with Guts & crew again.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
..why would Ganishka want to be scurrying after a crutch-ridden Guts and his band of jolly friends? Cummon MaN, think!

Anyway, I'm back from a long, dull weekend at the beach. After four and a half hours of driving (mostly spent waiting on the Bay Bridge) I returned home, jumped on the computer and supped on the glorious teat that is Saiya's scans. Aahhh, sweet sustenance!! Gotta thank you, man, for being such a champion. We're going to have to come up with some kind of icon for you. Saiya-man, perhaps? =P

As for the episode, it's nothing short of what I expected. I doubt Azan is trying to hide a disfigured face.. mostly likely just trying to hide his (obvious) identify from his fellow crewmates. He's a perfect fit for Isidro and Puck! I was laughing my ass off at the obvious panel. I find it hard to get excited about Farnese and Schierke playing ghost pirates, but I do think Farnese is going to have a moment of reflection towards Guts and Casca. As for Casca herself, she probably saw something trivial, like a seagull.... an apostle seagull of DEATH!!

Cheers again, Saiya. You're a star :guts:

Aeglos

That Ganishka is a flashback, some memory-hint to support the conversation... The emperor is not chasing them over the seas. And the boat coming in is also recalling when they boarded the ship in ep. 278... Look closely, Guts is lying on that boat wearing the armor.
What Walter and the rest said. :troll:

Azan's helmet is different now... before it seemed like a grinning ugly face, and sported plumes and a wig in the back. Now it looks like a bald skull to me, and the mouth is not 'sealed' like it was before... designed specially for eating perhaps? And it still seems to have a mobile face cover, so he can lift it and get food inside. (looking back at ep. 249). Weird indeed...

Since (I assume) he was made responsible for the mess in Albion, suppose he was sentenced to wear the helmet as his punishment, never to take it off? Some twisted way to shame him; by hiding his face forever. In that case the helmet could be sealed so he can't remove it, or something worse... bolted too his skull for an extreme example.

And in the raft image he was still covered in the blanket... It would have been amusing to see their reactions when they found him. I still can't believe he slept through all the battle in Vritanis.

Hax said:
Its interesting to note that neither Guts nor Casca is wearing their protective charms. I had thought that Schierke once said the ocean was very in tune with the spiritual realms. Overall, good solid chapter to start up with Guts & crew again.

Casca's could be hidden inside her robe, and Schierke could have inscribed another temporal one in Guts' neck so he could get of the Armor.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Damn Miura is amazing the detail everything, easily one of the best manga artist out there, and man did I have a big grin on my face when I finally got to see Guts.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks a ton, Saiya! Poor Guts is all scarred up, but that's not surprising in the least considering what he went through.

Frank Castle said:
I looked at the art, and damn Miura is amazing the detail everything, easily one of the best manga artist out there

The best. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Saiya old bean, you're the best! :judo:

This was a fun episode, it was nice to see everybody getting to have a bit of downtime after all that crazy action earlier. I was also wondering about why Azan was still wearing his mask... I personally think that mutilation from torture would be a bit too morbid for his character, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything is mentioned in a translation. c:

Top Bottom