Lack of Guts

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
So...

You're walking along through a war-torn village... corpses are everywhere, littering the ground, hanging from the trees, and generally leaving a big mess. Your woman notices a live baby hanging from its dead mother's umbilical cord and wants to save it, but you pull the wench away and drag her home without it. What good is a baby on the battlefield, anyhow?

Gambino just averted most of the Berserk storyline from being created. Way to go, Gambino.

However, lots of things would still happen, albeit in a very different way. Griffith would still have his dream, he still would've gotten his beherit, the Hawks still would've been formed. Caska's past would be no different, either. We'd still have Zodd, Skully, and various apostles still roaming the lands.

My question is this... what would've happened in the world of Berserk, if there was no Guts?

Without Guts as a driving force behind them, would the Hawks still have gotten as far as they did? Or would they have met defeat much earlier? What would Griffith do when faced with that defeat... die in pursuit of his dream? Or fall back and find another? Maybe he'd have given in and lived with Caska?

Or, would fate and causality have found some other way for Griffith to be forced into a situation where he sacrifices his Hawks? Perhaps some other character would've filled in as the pseudo-Guts role...? *imagines Berserk, with Judeau as the main branded character o_o;*

What do YOU think would've happened? ;D Feel free to touch on other aspects of the Berserk realm aside from Griffith and the Hawks, too, if you want.

Spike

"AAghh! Get off of me you crazy bitch!" - Bruce C.
Because "Idea" still subsists, manipulating fate--fate would have (subconciously) made Gambino and Shizu take the baby...and if it were not Gambino and Shizu, it would have been another couple; and maybe they wouldn't name the child Guts, but it would still be the same person with the same dilemmas and onus'(according to fate of course). ;D

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Because "Idea" still subsists, manipulating fate--fate would have (subconciously) made Gambino and Shizu take the baby...and if it were not Gambino and Shizu, it would have been another couple; and maybe they wouldn't name the child Guts, but it would still be the same person with the same dilemmas and onus'(according to fate of course).
True, true. I agree with that. ^^ I'm just asking for argument's sake, that if somehow, for some reason, barring fate and causality for one split second, Guts never came into play in the Berserk world... what would things be like?

This is more of a "for fun" thing, not really a "would it happen" one. I put it under Speculation because it involves some speculation, but I'm starting to think it would've been better under Miscellaneous (falling under the "completely oddly-formed ideas" category ;)). Really, there is no point to this, other than to prod people into using their imagination and coming up with interesting thoughts and perspectives. So by all means, fire away! ^^

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Griffith would have a much harder time gaining fame without Guts.

He, perhaps, wouldn't get involved with the 100-Year war between Midland and Tuda until much much later. Maybe 7+ years?

By that time, he'd be a bit bitter, like Yurius, that his dream was taking so long to achieve...

And by the time he was an old man, he'd have a formidable army, yet no kingdom.

As he lay on his deathbed, coughing up blood, some would spatter on the Behelit and...

Y'know what'd happen. ;)

Spike

Well, I'd definitely say that Puck wouldn't be a member of the cast (much to the dissapointment of many).

Lliugusamui

around the corner
if guts wasn't born, Puck would be there, nevertheless
don't remember Rickert met him before the eclipse ?
it would have been skully back from eclipse with casca with him and giving her to rickert
skully or zoddo would have explained the youth what had happened, and rickert would have wanted to chase griffith, till he'd die miserably ... ( well, rickert isn't of the interstice !! )

Spike

I think that Puck probably would have ceased to exist at the hands of the bar hooligans (at the very beginning of the series when Guts "inadvertantly" saved him)...sheesh, I'm beginning to sound like I want Puck dead. ;D

puella

Berserk forever
don't remember Rickert met him before the eclipse ?

i thought that was roshinu?
I think it was Roshinu who Rickert had met before the eclipse and Puck was the elf who had given Judeau and Rickert elf powder.

** berserk volumes are not handy now.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I think it was Roshinu who Rickert had met before the eclipse and Puck was the elf who had given Judeau and Rickert elf powder.
yep that s how it happened to be!
** berserk volumes are not handy now.

**berserk volumes are handy 8)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
well i know about rochine and elf powder
i meant after he met rochine and skully first, rickert is with fortuneteller, and puck is there too, isn't he ?

mpd_psycho

b e L I E v e
the world of Berserk will need a character with a Lain-like power to "reset" time.....so in the end of the story everything will eventually go back to normal.... :p

D

Drachenfels

I think Griffith would have simply died in some battlefield, overwhelmed by too many enemies.
But this wouldn't have happend anyway, since Guts is a too strong factor in the thread of fate. The God Hands themselves said that they didn't understand the fate/causality fully, so it may be possible that Guts himself would have a even stronger fate then Griffith; as the destroyer of the God Hand. Since they can't fully see the fate/future, they have underestimated him.
If one major part of the plan of fate isn't there, then the plan can't be fulfilled. That's why I think Griffith had simply died without leaving any trance of him in the history, if it weren't for Guts.
Maybe both would have been reborn, so that the fate would be fulfilled, even if it took some more decades or centuries?
Or everything would have gone like the God Hand had planned it. Maybe Guts is the human's representation of the will for freedom, to overcome their fate made by an evil god. He may have been the humanities only hope, and if he hadn't existed, the world would have turned into a nightmare full of horny apostles. :p

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i think he laughs because of your 'exageration' of Judeau's coolness ... it sounds ... well enough 'special' to make a penis-shaped-hard-head ( ;) ) laugh
hard to explain with words, ntl

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i know :)
i just tried to figure out why drach laughed, imo( ^^ )drach has a reminiscense of ass in himself ( no offense, my dear  ;) )
your signature, drach, is really... sick !

Top Bottom