Berserk/Vagabond in 3D

For years I've been wanting to make an animated short concerning Guts vs Apostles/God Hand or just a bunch of Daka etc, I havent decided yet what he's supposed to fight, but so far I know i'll be making guts. So right now im looking for good modeling reference of Guts. Does anyone got model sheets or detailed images on how his armor looks up close or how the canon works etc. Either its gonna be the berserker armor or the one he had before that. So many things to choose from and well frankly its hard. I wanna make a good scene/characters so thats why I wanna hear what you guys think? What would you like to see? What battle would totally blow your socks off? Should he wear the berserker armor? you get the point.

Enlighten me :ganishka:

ups: thx for putting the topic in the right place :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: Berserk in Maya?

Guts in 3d, eh? Sounds like a great idea! :guts:

I don't know of any modeling sheets besides what Miura drew for the animators back when the anime was being done (I don't have those). Other than that I just suggest looking at Guts from various angles in the manga.

Good luck :serpico:

thx CnC I already got a folder filled up with pics from the Manga and google, I guess its sufficient but I guess I could always use some more.
DUDE! just went through your CnColors and damn didnt know I had competition concearning 3d here :ganishka:
plz feel free to aid me in this project of mine when the time is right :troll:

As for suggestions for his opponents you got any battles wishes/locations?, all ideas right now would be great inspiration :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos

asic said:
thx CnC I already got a folder filled up with pics from the Manga and google, I guess its sufficient but I guess I could always use some more.
DUDE! just went through your CnColors and damn didnt know I had competition concearning 3d here :ganishka:
plz feel free to aid me in this project of mine when the time is right :troll:

Thanks. We have quite a few people dabbling in 3d here. Lith and Grorum just off the top of my head...

asic said:
As for suggestions for his opponents you got any battles wishes/locations?, all ideas right now would be great inspiration :guts:

Keep it simple, is really all I can suggest.

CnC said:
Keep it simple, is really all I can suggest.

simple aye? yea i'm not gonna have like 40 min of crappy animation, prolly something like 20 secs or less to begin with

Aazealh said:
You mean Silat with his Urumi is a no-go? :judo: :troll:

hmm might not be a crazy idea, though whats a Urumi?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

asic said:
hmm might not be a crazy idea, though whats a Urumi?

Hehehe, I think it'd be a tad much for a first try to be honest, I was just joking about it. :guts: The Urumi are the weapons he uses as a last resort in his fight against Guts in volume 9. They're comprised of long and supple strips of razorsharp metal. Here are some pictures of them: 01, 02, 03.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

The Berserk Visual and Story file has nude front, back, side characters models of Guts, Casca, Puck, and Zodd done for the Dreamcast game. It also has a lot of different models of Guts' head from different angles, and some for Casca and Puck.

Aazealh said:
Here are some pictures of them: 01, 02, 03.

hah crazy metal storm..might be a tad to technical unless I get some special effects guy :carcus: not entire impossible ^^

Griffith No More! said:
The Berserk Visual and Story file has nude front, back, side characters models of Guts/a lot of different models of Guts' head from different angles

awesome though is it something I need to buy? If possible can anyone scan those images? Or toss in a link where I can buy :???:

A guy in Deviantart has already done a damn good 3d model Guts with something something million polygons. My only gripe is the face/hair, but other than that, not a bad attempt
http://konartist3d.deviantart.com/art/3D-Gattsu-Pose-3-58684927
Obviously you want to use manga and actual art from Miura to get a more "accurate" detailing, but imo that's a fairly good 3d reference.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

The texturing on the above model is what really makes it stand out. Not really digging that hair though :void:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.

I hope this help you out.
guttsketchpt8.png

guttshz9.png

gstchjd4.png

garmqr1.png

complexarmvg8.png

dssktchba4.png

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Just so ya know, these appear to be sketches from the artist who did character designs for the anime. It's his impression of Guts, not Miura's work. Though, I could be wrong.

Manji said:
A guy in Deviantart has already done a damn good 3d model Guts

not bad at all, the texturing is pretty darn good but yea the head and hair isn't really guts IMO nonetheless its something I can use.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I hope this help you out.

thx a lot this will come in handy, especially the canon pics :serpico:
where did you get em from?

Walter said:
Just so ya know, these appear to be sketches from the artist who did character designs for the anime. It's his impression of Guts, not Miura's work. Though, I could be wrong.

aye thx for the heads up, but I can use it all :ganishka:

so far I'm thinking of making him with the berserker armor, seen to many versions now with the post berserker armor
+ would be pretty cool to make the beast. Stay tuned for some WIP's

CnC

Ad Oculos

I agree with Walter on the deviant art model. Its texturing really makes it stand out.

asic said:
thx a lot this will come in handy, especially the canon pics :serpico:
where did you get em from?

Those are from the media blasters dvd extras, I believe.

asic said:
so far I'm thinking of making him with the berserker armor, seen to many versions now with the post berserker armor
+ would be pretty cool to make the beast. Stay tuned for some WIP's

Good luck :)

its been ages since I have made any 3d :judo: but finally I had time and will be working on my true passion :)

since its been ages I dont wanna jump right too guts and my whole animation project so heres just a very Work In Progress human Zodd for ya.. my reference is a picture some brilliant guy colored here on the site, cant remember who so plz dont get mad if I repost this image, and who colored it?

heres the ref:

and here is the WIP, currently using mudbox and maya:

any crit is appreciated

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CnC is the one who colored the picture. And I think you're off to a good start. :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos

asic said:
since its been ages I dont wanna jump right too guts and my whole animation project so heres just a very Work In Progress human Zodd for ya.. my reference is a picture some brilliant guy colored here on the site, cant remember who so plz dont get mad if I repost this image, and who colored it?

Yea I colored it, but the brilliance was Miura's (I just colored in between the lines).

I like where this is going. Only thing that looks really off is the ears. Good start, tho. :guts:

Aazealh said:
CnC is the one who colored the picture. And I think you're off to a good start. :serpico:
thx ^^

Ah yea thats right :D
awesome CnC

btw did some quick photoshop'in too see if i was totally off

well im off to more detailing ^^

CnC said:
Only thing that looks really off is the ears

indeed thats not my strong side heh but ill work with it and see if I can make it work better.. hopefully his huge hair will cover most of em.

Grovel said:
Looks really good to me - are you going to do the full figure or just the head?

actully i was just gonna make his head for practice but i think im gonna do the whole thing cuz any practice is good practice

and thx for the kind words everybody
heres a small update

right now im in france on vacation so I dont have any manga with me, so im still just going with the 1 ref pic. if any of you got some good pics/sites of zodd(human form) I would be grateful

Walter said:

Yes, they are. You aren't wrong.

The name of the character designer is Masami Suda.

time for some updates.. i took the liberty to make some changes of my own and not following the picture 100% and I looked at a ton of zodd pictures :zodd: so ended up with this so far:

edit: for some weird reason I couldnt see the pics.. so uploaded them again :???: :puck:

next up his hair..

Top Bottom