Ironman- The Movie

CnC

Ad Oculos
RDJ seems to be a pretty good pick for Tony Stark. I'm looking forward to it.
Iron man / Jets shot is awesome :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd been wondering whether to make a thread or not for while. It's looking decent so far, but trailers can be very deceiving. Let's hope it won't suck indeed.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well from the trailer the premise seems solid, but there is a part I'm worried about:

TS, arms dealer, gets captured in Afganapakistan, heart hooked up to car batter, builds iron man suit. But then what? He gonna fight terrorism? Another evil arms dealer? Insert wild card super villian here?

I think thats where it could fall apart.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Substance abuser and playboy Robert Downey Jr. is perfectly cast for the role of the heaviest drinking, playboy superhero in the comic book industry. :ganishka:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I was fairly impressed to see them buy an entire comercial break to run the trialer last night on the daily show.

Ol' Tony seemed a little stiff for the playboy, alcoholic the character is known for being. Maybe it was more those scenes or my familiarity with Ultimate Iron Man throwing me off. Poking about wiki though, I found:

[quote author=wiki ]Director Jon Favreau said that the first film's plot would not deal with Tony Stark's personal problems, such as alcoholism.[/quote]

Wiki also claims to know the supervillian
Iron Monger. Another armor, based on Iron Man armor notes, originaly worn by Obadiah Stane. At least thats how it happened in the comics.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looks interesting. I know almost nothing about Iron Man, so I may end up enjoying this more than someone who's a fan of the comics, depending on how faithfully it's adapted.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Wiki also claims to know the supervillian
Iron Monger. Another armor, based on Iron Man armor notes, originaly worn by Obadiah Stane. At least thats how it happened in the comics.

Aww man, I was expecting the Mandarin! :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
and have them try and "justify" the technology behind his magic?

Honestly considering how they've been justifying super powers in comic book movies so far, I'm not sure it'd be much worse than the rest. And apparently (from Wikipedia) the Mandarin will play a role in the movie, although an "indirect" one, only to become a real threat in the sequel if the first movie is successful enough. We'll see I guess...

i thought using Iron Man by Ozzy in the previews was kinda cheesy. But they tend to be doing that to these movies, like Ghost rider and all the jokes about having a "flaming headache"
Well I'm hoping it'll be good!
The animated one was good, so, I guess if the live action one is bad that will take its place? Besides, the scene with Stark and the hottie drinking in the jacuzzi was fun.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I think they did a good job with characterizing Tony Stark, but I forget: why does a militant group force him to build a missile and not even watch as he makes something completely different? How are they going to pull that off without it being completely ridiculous?

Rhombaad said:
I'd agree with you if I didn't love Ozzy so much. :ganishka:
That and its like V.H.B pointed out, its very "bastardizing" of the theme and song itself. Iron Man having nothing particularly to do with the hero, but eh, can't really blame them for opting to use its obvious "title".

Downey looks fine to play the role, hopefully it'll be good.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
No, it wasn't kind of cheesy... it was shamelessly cheesy.

Phoenix Wrong! said:
That and its like V.H.B pointed out, its very "bastardizing" of the theme and song itself.

Yeah, I was hurt because the lyrics of the song were very personal and meaningful to me; getting turned to steel in the great magnetic field sucks. :judo:

Here's a bastardization for ya (Bonus: hear Griff's awful Ozzy impression, oh, and I almost forgot to mention, sound effects provided by Wally B., SK.net should do an album)!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That mp3 has more entertainment packed in than this Jon Favreau shit can ever hope to achieve. THE MAN WROTE SWINGERS, PEOPLE.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
gato.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
That mp3 has more entertainment packed in than this Jon Favreau shit can ever hope to achieve. THE MAN WROTE SWINGERS, PEOPLE.

Ugh, that totally changes my perception of Tony Stark in the first half of the trailer. VINCE VAUGHN AS IRONMAN!

ironman.jpg

Top Bottom