How many more vol. do you think it'll take before Griffith/Guts vs Ganishka?

Yeah, so I just wanted what you guys thought, how long do you think it'll take before the big battle. At this point Griffith can pretty much kill him if he wants to, right? so I'm guessing probably 3-4 volumes at the most?

Also, in the after math when Ganishka dies, will Berserk begin to come to a conclusion? or is there going to be more side quests before Guts takes on the God Hand?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think it'll be a while before we see Griffith and/or Ganishka again. Once the group gets to Elfhelm, they're probably gonna be there for a while. I remember Aazealh hypothesizing that their stay at Elfhelm will take a couple volumes, at least, and I agree with that. There's going to be a lot to cover once the group gets to Skellig, and who knows what they'll have to deal with besides The Beast and restoring Casca's mind. As for how/when Berserk will start to wrap up, I have no idea and can't even begin to guess.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I don't see Griffith and Guts teaming up against Ganishka, just seems like it would screw with the mood of the story. Guts and Zodd teaming up in that one scene made sense since they have a common understanding as warriors, as battled hardened killers, and there is a mutual respect there. We've seen how impressed Zodd has been with Guts' ability to stay alive, to defy the odds. Griffith and Guts is different obviously, and them teaming up, to me, would be like popping a balloon and letting the air out. Too anti-climactic.

I would wager a guess that defeating Ganishka would be what seals Griffith's bid for becoming king of midland, if not a title greater than that, such as emperor. Since he has the blessing of the church he might get something fancier, you never know. From this point on we would get to see the true darkness cover the land, not just the terror that Ganishka brought, but something worse, even if it comes in a more subtle manner.
We still have the Godhand members lurking in the "shadows", as well as tons of apostles, psuedo-apostles that might be allowed some slack in their leash once Griffith is calling the shots for the kingdom. And don't forget our good friend SK, he's got some unfinished business, and I'm sure this will run alongside what Guts & CO. are doing (as always), since they face a common foe.

Having Ganishka, Griffith and Guts & CO. show up on the same stage for one big showdown seems like it would leave a lot left to cover, and we would have had our big finale. Ganishka is a big time player, but I don't see him being important enough to be on the final stage when the story comes to a climax. Though I could be wrong.

To get a good idea of how big a stage can be set in Berserk, you just have to look back to the mirror eclipse and the re-birth of Griffith. Tons of action and suspense. Multiply that 100 fold and you'll get a good idea how big a showdown with Griffith/Godhand/Apostles and Guts/SK/etc. could be.

And since we have something that huge waiting for us down the road, we should be enjoying the build up just as much. Elfhelm will satisfy quite a few people once it happens, but there are still big happenings that will have the impatient begging for things to speed up, lol.

Honestly, with the utter ease with which Griffith humbled Ganishka earlier, I don't think it'll take much more than a episode or two for him to utterly humble and defeat him again, as soon as Griffith has managed to set the appropriate stage.

Mista_B said:
Honestly, with the utter ease with which Griffith humbled Ganishka earlier, I don't think it'll take much more than a episode or two for him to utterly humble and defeat him again, as soon as Griffith has managed to set the appropriate stage.

Agreed. Hell, I'm not sure why Griffith didn't end Ganishka back in 283. Griffith said "Certainly my sword cannot reach you". (Page 13) I'm like "C'mon! Ganishka is like 4ft away tops!" It just looks like a way to lengthen the fight.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think Aaz just answered the thread title's question in the ep 290 thread. In November, the story will shift over to Griffith and his assault on Wyndham.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I think Aaz just answered the thread title's question in the ep 290 thread. In November, the story will shift over to Griffith and his assault on Wyndham.

Damnit, beaten to the punch. :void:

I hope for this battle a good development a lot of action and surprises!
But with Miura it's hard to know what is coming next...
Maybe a Crabe invasion in Ganishka's beard! :schierke:

A

avidwriter

Goes back to Griffith. Hmmm, seems like one or two episodes of "prebattle". Maybe tactics, etc. At least 3 volumes of battle I'd say. How many was the last face off? 4? All in all maybe 4-6 episodes before we get back to Guts unless he sticks with Griffith a bit after the win, I'm sure he's going to get what he wanted or at least be very close to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
And yet, at the end of 290: "GRIFFITH VS GANISHKA" next episode. :guts:

We'll see, but I really don't think it will take a whole 4 volumes to finish this segment.

S

smoke

Walter said:

We'll see, but I really don't think it will take a whole 4 volumes to finish this segment.

Although I'd be totally fine with four full volumes of Apostle VS Kushan carnage.

Hell, I'd even go for four and a half.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserkfan said:
At this point Griffith can pretty much kill him if he wants to, right?

I'm not sure Ganishka's death will come without a price to pay, even for Griffith. He's not just a man or a simple apostle.

berserkfan said:
Also, in the after math when Ganishka dies, will Berserk begin to come to a conclusion? or is there going to be more side quests before Guts takes on the God Hand?

Well, it really depends what you mean by "begin to come to a conclusion". In a way the story began to come to a conclusion ever since it started. I don't think Ganishka's death will precipitate the end though. But, after Elfhelm, when Griffith will have finally reached his dream, it's clear in my mind that an important step towards the final stage will have been taken. I believe Elfhelm will see Guts and his friends decide on what course of action they'll take in regard to the changes the world is undergoing, and that'll probably mean confronting Griffith and his allies. That will set them on the road leading to the conclusion of the story.

Gibraltar said:
Agreed. Hell, I'm not sure why Griffith didn't end Ganishka back in 283. Griffith said "Certainly my sword cannot reach you". (Page 13) I'm like "C'mon! Ganishka is like 4ft away tops!"

There were good enough reasons for Griffith to want that fight to take place in Wyndham. And killing Ganishka isn't just a matter of stabbing him with a sword. Don't take Griffith's words too literally.

Walter said:

I agree with avidwriter though, I doubt episode 291 will start with Griffith and Ganishka facing each other. We all know YA's announcements are to be taken with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I don't see the battle lasting 4 volumes either, that seems unrealistic.

A

avidwriter

Aazealh said:
I agree with avidwriter though, I doubt episode 291 will start with Griffith and Ganishka facing each other. We all know YA's announcements are to be taken with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I don't see the battle lasting 4 volumes either, that seems unrealistic.

Yes I actually meant 4 episodes. My mistake there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
avidwriter said:
Yes I actually meant 4 episodes. My mistake there.

Ok, I suspected that was what you meant. In this case, I think it'll last at least that long and probably longer. Griffith's part for Vritannis lasted 7 episodes in total, and the battle was short. And it's not impossible that we could have some episodes with Griffith, then one cutting back to Guts, then some more with Griffith again.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
And it's not impossible that we could have some episodes with Griffith, then one cutting back to Guts, then some more with Griffith again.

That would be awesome! I like these kind of quick switch(make me think a little bit how brian bendis write his new avengers series)

Top Bottom