Being that Magnifico is totally useless and all talk so far...

Luca

Happiness is a warm gun.
I may be wrong, and his character may be just on the road for some short-lived comic relief, however....

I don't really hate him. And I for one don't think you need to be some SEKRIT APOSSUL!!1 or an excellent fighter or magic user to be relevant or at least an interesting part of the story. I adored Luca's and Jerome's characters. Magnifico has a prime chance to really be the one who screws the crew over from the inside with his selfishness. We'll see, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Luca said:
Magnifico has a prime chance to really be the one who screws the crew over from the inside with his selfishness.

To be honest I doubt he'll ever screw anything but himself. Seriously, his machinations to exploit elves are hilarious because of how unrealizable they are. I think it's a good indication of how silly all his plans are ever going to be.

Luca

Happiness is a warm gun.
If that's true then you're most likely correct in saying that he doesn't have much 'staying power' with the group to begin with.  That's what I originally believed (I didn't even know people were bothered by him...he seemed like such a non-entity outside of the brief comic relief), but I was more speaking along the lines of IF he got to get the development that people seem to think is required for you to even be in this story.

When I say screw over, I mean along the (long-shot) lines of him doing something to move the story along further, I could see him eventually making a selfish decision if in danger.

Maybe his purpose really was just bringing Roderick in.  :serpico: Most likely, hm.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
He brings a different kind of comic relief than those provided by Isidro, Puck and Ivarella.  I loved his ridiculous dreams of conquering the land of elves and his attempt to bribe Puck into participating.  Personally, I hope he sticks around for quite some time. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Luca said:
I didn't even know people were bothered by him...he seemed like such a non-entity outside of the brief comic relief

Hehe well, you'll learn that some people are bothered by pretty much everything and anything depending on the context, and there's usually no real logic behind it either. I'm not sure we ever get used to it. :-\

Luca said:
When I say screw over, I mean along the (long-shot) lines of him doing something to move the story along further, I could see him eventually making a selfish decision if in danger.

Yeah, I understood what you meant, but I just don't think any decision he might take could have truly dire consequences. He just seems too goofy and incompetent to be a threat on any level to me. But hey, who knows? We'll see! It could probably make for a good plot twist if Miura wanted it to be so. :guts:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Maybe Magnifico could be an excellent sacrifice as brother of Farnese.. :void: or he could manage a pretty policy role against the Griffith's one
.(Because, Griffith wants to beat down all mages, and Magnifico wants to conquer the elfheim island) :ganishka:

I must be missing something still. Because despite all that has been said, whenever Magnifico makes his entry into a scene I see Dr Smiths face from Lost In Space pop up in my mind.

magnificodrmg6.jpg
jonathanharris20ng0.jpg

I can't help but be reminded of Carcus. For the most part, I personally didn't care for the characters. Not that I thought he shouldn't be in the story becuase in fact he was necessary aspect. Even so, he had his moments where as a reader I was like, "Fuckin-A Carcus."

I have the feeling, we'll be seeing a similiar pattern with Magnifico. For now, he's the character we roll our eyes at and dismiss as comic relief. IMO tho, he'll have his time to shine. Not saying he'll play a role to change the story drastically but I think he will do something we'll all approve of.

Don't let me down Magnifico. :carcus:

Sparnage said:
I must be missing something still. Because despite all that has been said, whenever Magnifico makes his entry into a scene I see Dr Smiths face from Lost In Space pop up in my mind.
Haha, good comparison.

Top Bottom