Episode 290

Gah, still six days away. Late previews might be better for me so I'm not counting the days from this long away.

That's a particularly impressive picture though, almost looks like one or two of the inkers involved in this one have changed again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
That picture is friggin' beautiful...

Yup, very nice and the title is promising as well. :beast:

Sparnage said:
That's a particularly impressive picture though, has there been any changes with Miuras art staff again?

No, but anyway for this kind of shot you can tell he did most of the work himself. Like, maybe an assistant helped work on the barrels but that's probably all there is to it. EDIT: And anyway I agree with CnC below, while it's a good shot, it doesn't strike me as too different from the usual artwork.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
That's a particularly impressive picture though, almost looks like one or two of the inkers involved in this one have changed again.

The tones seem softer, but the actual linework seems the same. It could just be how Miura decided to light this scene, tho.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Miura's attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. I imagine we're going to be taking another trip into Guts' psyche.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
I don't know, the episode title seems ominous as hell.

Agreed. Really hope we get to see Guts interact with The Beast.

CnC said:
It could just be how Miura decided to light this scene, tho.

Sumthin' about it struck me in a good way, even before reading the comments. A simple panel, but a gorgeous one. IDK why either, but all of a sudden Guts' stump irks me.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
IDK why either, but all of a sudden Guts' stump irks me.

Well after 2+ years the severed muscles in that area would have atrophied to look different from his other arm. But I suppose a little suspension of disbelief is in order.

...that and we usually don't see the exposed stump.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Hi to EveryOne Guys! I really appreciate SK.net and his Community!

About this new episode, I'm really happy, that deep darkness outcrops through Guts' dark evil Beast.

I wonder if the Idea of Evil will prevail on Guts. At last I think that Guts' Beast can be identified with Guts' true id, probably meaning, according to :idea:'s will, a final moment.

I'm expecting from this episode a violent awakening from Guts in which he could hurt, even a little, Schierke or Farnese.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Well after 2+ years the severed muscles in that area would have atrophied to look different from his other arm.

I'm not sure about that actually. These muscles weren't inactive, and it's inactivity that provokes atrophy in most cases, that's why muscles can atrophy if you get a really long bedrest or keep a cast for a while. Since Guts used that arm to fight, its depiction in the manga doesn't surprise me at all, in fact it's rather the contrary that would. But yeah anyway it's just a comic book with magic and monsters, so in the end... Who cares. :void:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I'm not sure about that actually. These muscles weren't inactive, and it's inactivity that provokes atrophy in most cases, that's why muscles can atrophy if you get a really long bedrest or keep a cast for a while. Since Guts used that arm to fight, its depiction in the manga doesn't surprise me at all, in fact it's rather the contrary that would.

I am sure. Thats why I mentioned the muscles that were severed. The brachioradialis muscle, carpi radialis longus and brevis and others whose names I've forgotten are cut off. They would not be able to flex, grow, or maintain size. But the bicep and tricep would be ok (which helps swing the sword).
But even so the likelihood that the two arms are different sizes would be higher.
example

Aazealh said:
yeah anyway it's just a comic book with magic and monsters, so in the end... Who cares. :void:

exactly. Tis all cool.

Daijyashin said:
Hi to EveryOne Guys! I really appreciate SK.net and his Community!

welcome!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Those ARE what his muscles look like atrophied! Though I know what CnC means, most would have a more a of cone-shaped arm at this point, but hey, it's Guts, his was already overdeveloped to begin with; and his presence in the interstice helps maintain the arm's integrity! :troll:

Also, like the rest of you, my first thought upon seeing that image is that it's GORGEOUS. Looks so soft, like a painting almost.

Well at least he is still lying down and seems calm. The last few panels of the last episode made it seem like he was about to lose it completely. especially given state :chomp: was in. I wonder if the beast has been pacified. Then again the title seems to suggest otherwise

As for the muscle atrophy discussion... I think Aaz said it best... its a comic book. We dont' need to plant it in reality. BTW, Guts six pack (14 pack?!) makes it seem like he ate a giant 8 legged critter.

This would be a nice panel to color I think...

EDIT:Quick Try at Coloring

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roarfromdarknesshz6.jpg

Ninus

The one and only king of pop ..
Hello to all guys!! :guts:

I'm a new member, an Italian guy, and I'm very passionate about Berserk.

Situated one compliments x this fantastic!!

PS. Please excuse my English, I hope that something is understood!!

I follow like you the spoiler, perhaps and from the preview of episode 290, they said that an episode is shown to the horizon a lot interesting, and detector on the true nature of the beast that annidia in Guts' mind.

I do not see the hour that decoy!! I perceive in the air something terribly dark!!!

PS: You have noticed that only the preview from how much a true one is perfect sempra and just picture… is absurd, the graphical style of the master always improves!!

P

Pencil-smith

Welcome to the forum Ninus.

The episode title kicks ass : I am beastie, hear me roar! :beast:

Daijyashin

Mage said:
Guts does seem pretty calm...wonder if the title isn't so literal and implies some sort of introspection with the Beast

Yes, I think the introspection would be quite possible, or maybe Schierke herself could have, a kind of speech with the Guts' Dark Id diving in his spirit.

I guess if Serpico will be worried again of Guts evilness..Since he don't know the true Bound with the Dark Beast and Him.

I Think that Several scenario could open at this rate.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Well at least he is still lying down and seems calm. The last few panels of the last episode made it seem like he was about to lose it completely.

Did they? He was dreaming, being asleep and feverish. The Beast was growling but chained. It didn't seem to indicate that he was about to slaughter everybody as far as I can tell. And anyway, this is just one of the first panels of the episode, meaning basically only a continuation of the last one's ending. The real development will happen after that, at the point showed it's like nothing's changed yet.

Mage said:
Guts does seem pretty calm...wonder if the title isn't so literal and implies some sort of introspection with the Beast

Well yes, that's what I think. I doubt the title refers to Guts roaring from the ship's hold, rather it's IMO implying a confrontation in the depths of his mind, like what I said in the Episode 289 thread.

Daijyashin said:
the Dark Beast

Sorry to nitpick but it's the Beast of Darkness.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Sorry to nitpick but it's the Beast of Darkness.

Yes, I'm sorry for my imprecision. Anyway I like to consider the Beast of Darkness as the "Ideal" part of Guts consciousness, deriving from the Skull Knight speech about the fight within Darkness and :idea:'s speech.

The Only thing I can't understand well, is if the Beast have some Influence on Beherit..In vol 16 I don't think Guts is that moodly destroyed.
Could deep Id manipulate the Spiritual tear?
Or the Fear he feels that time would be a pretty catalyst?

Ninus

The one and only king of pop ..
This is a theory of a customer of Marik name, than mail like me on a situated Italian dedicated to Berserk, and that I share in full load:

Last the 3 pages of understood it the 289 represented the chained beast that it resides in the mind of Guts.

Perhaps that image wants to represent that:

the beast that gives years resides in the mind of Guts with the time also thanks to the armor has always made itself piu strongly, and comes represented “blocked gives of the chains”, because Guts disperatamente tries to hold it to brake.

The question is:

It can be that the oracolo of the beast it is during the first encounter with the black guerriero, than in the dream, has not mentito?

In fact second this profezia, Guts, are destined at first to become a monster from the human fattezze… and then it will be transformed in a true monster and just, (like its former Griphith friend) as the malignant spirits say to it.

The beast is been born within Guts, and little little + have grown always, because it has been nourished of hatred and the feelings of rancor that have characterized the life of our hero, and therefore the beast alive and develops itself within of he!!

The first oracolo forecast of the evil, will be taken place in the moment in which something or someone, will break off the equilibrium that concurs to still hold the beast under control (for this is represented chained.) when that will be taken place (if never it happens then) is in that moment that Guts will be transformed in a pitiless monster!! :chomp:

Top Bottom