if you are Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
so simple and complicated question. :p
If you are Griffith, what are you gonna do at the side of the lake?

1) just commits suicide
2) decides to start a new life with ruined body and Casca
3) sacrifices the Hawk
4) sacrifices himself (from Vermillion)
5) throws away beherit flowing over to him
6) thinks of finding the best doctor or medicine in the world , for example super Elf powder, that can cure his body

as for me, I'd take 3) yeah

I want your 'naked' opinion. just follow your inner-self.

and one more thing, don't criticise others' opinion here,please.

** I amended the option. If you have another option, just take it out.....

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
3, but only if they ended up cutting "it" off during torture. ^_^

Speaking of torture, what on earth was so horrible about Griffith's face that Guts freaked about? I know he still had a nose, and lips, and eyelids... o.o

3, because I don't want to die and living without being able to talk and move my arms and legs would suck.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
3, but only if they ended up cutting "it" off during torture. ^_^

Speaking of torture, what on earth was so horrible about Griffith's face that Guts freaked about?  I know he still had a nose, and lips, and eyelids... o.o
Theres a post about this in extreme EXTREME detail on BSOM's old BBS. Ill try to dig it up, but itll take some time. Very cool post though, if I can find it, Ill make sure it wont dissapear again.

M

Marcus

Speaking of torture, what on earth was so horrible about Griffith's face that Guts freaked about?  I know he still had a nose, and lips, and eyelids... o.o

Remember Griffith was considered unhumanly beautiful and charismatic because of this also. To lose that would be to lose part of what was Griffith.

As for the question, I agree with all: #3

I'd choose 1.

Speaking of torture, what on earth was so horrible about Griffith's face that Guts freaked about? I know he still had a nose, and lips, and eyelids... o.o

I think all the skin was peeled off. I'm not completely sure though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think all the skin was peeled off.  I'm not completely sure though.
Nope. You can see a lrge bit of his face still, in volume 12, at the end of the 3rd chapter. In Skully's (webmaster and Berserk badass of BSOM) opinion, Griffiths face was frightful because it was the one thing left unmutilated. Sort of a disgusting irony. For the longest time I thought they had taken his nose off, but its pretty obvious in Vol 12 that its still intact... Id have to lean with Skully's theory. And in the meantime, Ill keep searching for his original argument (which was of cource, MUCH more thorough than mine).

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Dang! If I ever find myself under your command, remind me to put in for a transfer!! 8)

I would never sacrifice my men under ANY circumstance, I would not want to live a tormented life and I couldnt commit suicide too. I would choose option 4 and sacrifice myself to save a loved one.

What?...what do you mean there is no option 4, sure there is :p

Nope. You can see a lrge bit of his face still, in volume 12, at the end of the 3rd chapter.

Wasn't it blacked out though?

As for my theory about the skin being peeled off... it's not really a theory. I think the torturer actually mentioned that at some point, but then again it's completely possible that my memory is wrong.

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
Well, given everything that I (now being Griffith) had gone through to get so high up, and with the state of my physical body and tormented mind....I'm not sure if there would be any other option that 3, though i would earnestly like to think otherwise.

The thing I would have changed is when Guts leaves my beloved band, and though I am heartbroken and have lost a piece of myself, I would not have slept with Charlotte.  Keep it in your pants man.  Things were still going well and eventually I am pretty sure I could have lawfully had Charlotte and the kingdom.  But I had to let the testosterone get to me....

Back to the lake.  When the God Hand people tell me to make the offering, I think I would have said, "Only if Guts can live"  At least then some part of my old sane life would remain, though through the means of myself and not some wonderous Skull Night.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
:pRe: if you are Griffith

Back to the lake.  When the God Hand people tell me to make the offering, I think I would have said, "Only if Guts can live"  At least then some part of my old sane life would remain, though through the means of myself and not some wonderous Skull Night.

Ahhhhaa!! Now that is the great tragedy and trap. The God Hand would know full well what mean most to you and if your say let Guts live, then they will know that Guts means more to you than the entire Hawks army.

M

Marcus

:'( Damn that was a sad part of the series.. I miss the Band of the Hawk!! Grrrr.. >:(

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I just saw Episode 24... I cannot believe it's happening... Griffith.... why? :'(

puella

Berserk forever
Re: if Guts is Griffith

Hey, I changed my quesition slightly. :p :p
If Guts is in the same situation like Griffith's, what do you think he is gonna do at the side of the lake?
this question can be another firewood for this thread but I want to put what we've been endlessly talking about for a loooooong time.
I was the one who believe Guts'll never do IT like Griffith but frankly speaking can't be sure it now.
so I changed my former opinion slightly ;D
I am the one who WANTS Guts never to do IT.

1) just commits suicide
2) decides to fight against his severe fate
= starts a new life with ruined body and Casca
= thinks of finding the best doctor or medicine in the world ,
for example super Elf powder, that can cure his body
= throws away beherit flowing over to him
3) sacrifices the Hawk
4) sacrifices himself (from Vermillion)

as for me, I'd take 2) for Guts because I think he can be the only exception in every situation.

*** don't criticise others' opinion here as well.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Oooo, tricky. I think #2 as well. Guts would nevr sacrifice them. Nor would he kill himself.

M

Marcus

Yep. I believe Guts would chose #2 because he loves the Hawks toooooo much. Having his own country was Griffith's dream and the friendship of the Hawks is Guts' dream. A place where he belongs. He would never sacrifice the Hawk. Period.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've been contemplating this one (concerning Guts) for a long ass time: #3

-Griffith

P.S. Three for me as well, I'd like to think I wouldn't, but I'm sure I would find motivation.

M

Marcus

:DRe: if you are Griffith

I've been contemplating this one (concerning Guts) for a long ass time: #3

-Griffith

P.S. Three for me as well, I'd like to think I wouldn't, but I'm sure I would find motivation.

You don't count your Griffith ;D :D

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
Hmmm Guts' decision seems to be a much harder one to see .... cause to me it seemed like he had finally found some kind of temporary sanity in The Band and in his fellow comrades. Like his longings and wants were always there, he was just unable to see it. And when he had indeed finally seen it, it turned out to be too late. So if Guts were to be stuck in that situation after his raiding and killer fighting, he may have given the beherit back to Griffith after he sees it floating in the lake.... since he knew that Griffith wore it as a 'charm' of sorts. So I'm not sure where that fits in, but that's my thoughts on if he gets filleted by the torcheror guy.If I remember Griffith once offered (right word?) Guts the beherit .... but he refused to take it since it was the dream of Griffith

If Guts went through what Griffith did to get to that position (basically an embodiment of Griffith, but with so much more badassness), I'd have to think that he'd take option 3, since he often pondered how others could consider themselves evil or bad when had done to much dirty work. With that in mind, how is killing a few more people that much worse?

If I was Guts in that situation .... I don't know what I'd do.... but after thinking things over, I'd probably side with 3. (and who cares about getting rid of a woman .... they're expendable ... J/K!!!)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Walter wrote:
Nope. You can see a lrge bit of his face still, in volume 12, at the end of the 3rd chapter. In Skully's (webmaster and Berserk badass of BSOM) opinion, Griffiths face was frightful because it was the one thing left unmutilated. Sort of a disgusting irony. For the longest time I thought they had taken his nose off, but its pretty obvious in Vol 12 that its still intact... Id have to lean with Skully's theory. And in the meantime, Ill keep searching for his original argument (which was of cource, MUCH more thorough than mine).

I'd understand the irony of his face being left unmutilated, but in my opinion at least, seeing a still-untouched face under his mask wouldn't elicit quite the reaction we saw in Guts in the prison cell scene. I don't see why Guts would be so vehement in keeping Casca, Charlotte and others from seeing his face. That also wouldn't explain why they felt the need to keep his helmet on at all times after that... if the Hawks saw Griffith in bandages with a still-beautiful face, they'd gain morale I'm sure... the only reason to keep his face covered would be because the Hawks would lose morale if they saw what was under it. At least it seems that way to me...

Anyway Walter, I'm curious at seeing this thread you mention. Let me know if you have any luck digging it up... and y'know, this is starting to look like it belongs in a new thread. *blink*

Top Bottom